Kitchen area of 25-30 square meters.m allows for a lot of planning, decoration and technical capabilities, but at the same time raises many questions. Moreover, often such a spacious room is used as a multifunctional, rather than utilitarian space - as a kitchen-dining room, kitchen-living room or even a kitchen-dining-living room. In this material, we formulated 10 tips that will help you avoid mistakes and effectively manage the available meters.
10 advice on the arrangement of a large kitchen of 25-30 sq m
Tip 1. Place the "working" points close to each other
A common mistake in the arrangement of spacious kitchens - failure to comply with the rule of the "working triangle".This is especially true of the refrigerator, which is often placed at a distance. To make the kitchen comfortable, and you do not have to run from place to place with products on hand while cooking, you need to place all three vertices of the working triangle nearby and so that between them there are no obstacles like a dining table.
- The distance between the sink and the stove can be from 60 to 180 cm, and between the sink and the fridge - from 45 cm to 2 meters. The smaller the distance between the work points, the more convenient the kitchen will be.
Tip 2. Ideal planning - U-shaped
From the point of view of the same “working triangle”, it is U-shaped planning that is an ideal solution for a kitchen of 25-30 square meters.m, as it allows you to have everything you need literally at your fingertips.
True, if you do not plan to equip a kitchen with an island( we will tell about it a little lower), then the U-shaped set should be designed to be small in size so that there is no more than 120 cm between the pedestals, otherwise the advantage of the U-shaped layout is lost.
For a combined kitchen-living room or kitchen-living-dining room, you should choose more compact layouts, for example, L-shaped( suitable for rectangular kitchens), two-row( for narrow premises) or linear( in combination with an island / peninsula).
Tip 3. An island or a peninsula is a guarantee of super convenience
One of the kitchen bonuses of 25-30 square meters.meters is the ability to equip the kitchen island - a multifunctional table for kitchen work and storage. Thanks to him, you can create the perfect “work triangle” no matter what form your headset is built into. Below is a selection of photos of large kitchens with different layouts and an island( designer Zhenya Zhdanova).
The island can be equipped with at least a stove and barstand and at most - stove, bar, sink, mini-fridge and / or wine cabinet. And the island perfectly divides the space into zones - kitchen, dining room and living room.
- The main rule for choosing an island: the passages around it should be at least 1 meter wide, and its shape should follow the shape of the room.
- If you use the kitchen only as a working room or as a kitchen-dining room, the island may be large. If you are equipping a kitchen-living room, then a compact island with a size of no more than 100 × 120 cm or a peninsula will do. The peninsula( see photo) is the same island, but with one end facing the wall or in the headsets.
Tip 4. Create a uniform lighting
Even the most perfectly furnished kitchen can become uncomfortable and uncomfortable if you incorrectly plan its lighting. On 25-30 squares it should be uniform, not dull, but not too bright. To achieve this, in addition to the ceiling chandelier should use additional light sources. The best spotlights, placed around the perimeter of the ceiling at a distance of about 30-70 cm from each other. By the way, they can not illuminate the whole room, but only the working area. Also, to create a uniform light, you can use wall sconces and floor lamps.
- Ideally, the chandelier should be placed not in the center of the kitchen, but above the dining table( at a height of 70-90 cm from the table top), it is good if it is multi-track. Thus, you not only illuminate the dining area, but also visually divide the space.
- It is best to cover the island with a couple of suspensions of a concise design.
- Your lighting must be in the working area - above the table top and above the wall cabinets.
- If the kitchen is combined with the living room, the living area should be equipped not only with general lighting, but also with independent lighting. Floor lamps and table lamps will create coziness and make the spacious room more intimate.
See also material: Kitchen Design in a private home.
Tip 5. Choose a powerful hood
Thanks to a powerful hood, smells do not interfere with the rest in the living / dining room and do not soak upholstery, curtains, carpet and other textiles.
- For a kitchen of 25-30 squares, a dome( !) Hood with a capacity of 1300-1600 m³ / hour is required( the more, the better).
Tip 6. In order not to complicate the cleaning of a large kitchen, discard the impractical surfaces of
. Keeping a large kitchen in order is much more complicated than a standard one. Especially, if we are talking about a combined kitchen-living room or kitchen with a front dining room, because the mess in the working area spoils the overall look of the room. Here are some helpful tips to help you create a kitchen that is easy to clean and difficult to soil.
- Discard the façades, the worktop, the apron and the floor of dark shades( black, graphite, dark brown, dark green and dark blue).Dust, crumbs and stains on dark surfaces( especially glossy) are very noticeable.
- Give preference to artificial rather than natural stone for facing the table top and apron. Other suitable options are tile and wood( for countertops).
- The most practical flooring material is tile or porcelain stoneware. In the kitchen-living room with this material you can finish only the work area, and the rest of the room with any other material. Different floor finishes not only make cleaning easier, but also zone the space.
Tip 7. Discard wall-mounted cabinets fully or partially
If the bottom cabinets and the island contain most kitchen utensils and groceries, discard wall cabinets( on one or two walls) or replace them with a couple of open shelves. This solution will allow you to maintain a sense of spaciousness and visually facilitate the interior.
Tip 8. Zoning the space for working, dining and / or living areas
In order for the interior of the combined kitchen to look orderly, and stay in any part of the room was comfortable, it should be divided into zones: kitchen, dining room and living room. Here are some ideas on how to do this:
- Design the walls, floor and / or ceiling in zones with different materials or in different colors. Example: tiles on the kitchen floor + parquet in the living room, or, say, dark beige walls in the kitchen and light beige in the dining room.
- Delimit zones with beamed ceilings, suspended structures.
- Use furniture as a delimiter: an island, a sofa, armchairs, a bar counter, shelves, etc. Below is a good example of kitchen zoning with an area of 30 square meters.meters from the dining room and living room.
- Build partitions of glass, wood, drywall, etc.;
- Install sliding doors;
- Put the screens;
- Hang the curtains;
- Spread the carpet in the dining / living area.
Of course, all areas( living room, kitchen and dining room) should combine something, for example, colors, decoration, interior style, textiles, etc.
Tip 9. Decorate the kitchen with large items of decor
In a large kitchen, small accessories are lost and onlylitter the space. More advantageous in the 25-30-meter kitchen will look like large objects of decor. For example, you can hang a large round dial over a table / hood, hang one or two medium-sized or large-sized paintings on the walls, and decorate the interior with a pair of tall and lush plants.
Tip 10. Do not forget that in such a spacious kitchen, you can afford more than usual. ..
A spacious kitchen allows you to not be limited either in the choice of colors, or prints, textures, or decorative or architectural elements. For example, for interior decoration, you can use wallpaper or curtains with a large print, without fear that the space will greatly decrease. Instead of light tables and chairs, you can use smart and massive.
And instead of plain white-beige tones, use rich and even dark tones, more complex color combinations. Below is an example of the design of a 30-meter kitchen-living room in yellow and blue colors and contrasting details( designed by Nadia Zotov).
By the way, rich shades, especially warm ones( red, terracotta, brown, yellow) will be able to create a sense of intimacy in a spacious kitchen.
In addition, you can decorate the interior with columns, stucco, moldings or wall panels buazeri.
- 11 helpful tips on arrangement of a summer kitchen
- private kitchen design 8 tips for large kitchen design with an area of 19, 20 and 21 sq. M.
- Kitchen design 16 sq. M.meters
- Kitchen design area of 17 square meters.m.
- Kitchen design of 18 square meters.meters