Recently, breeders have derived a large number of different varieties of vegetables and fruits. Scientists and radishes have not ignored their attention. This spring vegetable has a large variety of species and subspecies. But if you select on the principle of early ripeness and yield, then Celeste has no competitors.
Table of Contentsas an early ripe and high-yielding variety of spring vegetable. It is characterized by:
- regular round shape of the root, without humps and depressions;
- bright, red-pink uniform color;
- undersized tops.
The variety was introduced and patented by the well-known producer of vegetable hybrids “Enza Zaden” especially for farms, but amateur gardeners, after finding out all the virtues of radish Celeste, took it into service. Now this hybrid is widespread and in demand in farms and in home gardening.
Hybrid successfully cultivated from mid-March until the end of November and in our latitudes, gardeners speak of it only positively.
Advantages and disadvantages of
Let us describe the merits of the variety, thanks to which it is widely spread:
- excellent taste;
- high yield;
- ripens amicably, all seeding almost at the same time;
- is not prone to strelkovuyu and flowering;
- has long shelf life;
- is very resistant to diseases and pests;
- during transportation retains all the original characteristics, both external and taste.
In addition, radish is distinguished by its suitability for cultivation both in open ground and in greenhouse conditions.
Celeste has some drawbacks, but they fade against the background of advantages:
- plant does not tolerate saline and dense soils;
- high humidity is detrimental to the hybrid;
- on excessively dry soils also fail to achieve high yields.
Varieties Preparing Seeds for Planting
To get a high yield, it is worth a little to prepare the seeds of radish for sowing, because for them changing the microclimate around is a kind of stress. In the preparatory process there is nothing difficult, in order to collect a rich harvest is enough to do such manipulations before sowing:
- Two days before sowing in the ground, the seeds must be soaked in a damp cotton fabric. Sometimes pre-soaking is carried out with the grain placed under the freezer to temper the future vegetable a little.
- Additionally, for disinfection for 12 hours, seeds are kept in a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
After this, it is possible to carry out seeding in a previously prepared soil.
Soil and its preliminary preparation
Radish Celeste pleases with particularly high yields and fruits of excellent quality on soft, sandy loamy soils. A good harvest will be on other soils, on clay and black soil will need to regularly loosen the top layer of soil.
Before sowing the seeds, the garden must be prepared. For this purpose, they dig it up and fertilize it with organic matter, the most suitable is considered to be diluted slurry. It is this plant that will be able to provide the plant with the maximum of useful substances for normal growth and formation of a root crop in such a short time. But preparations of chemical origin should not be used, they will have a negative impact on the sustainability of the grown trunk.
Hybrid perfectly fructifies throughout the season, he is not afraid of short spring and autumn days, in early spring the crops are covered with foil.
The seeding process itself takes place as follows:
- on a loosened garden bed makes grooves, up to 2 cm deep. There should be at least 15 cm distance between rows.
- Finished grooves should be poured abundantly with water heated in the sun.
- Pre-soaked and disinfected seeds are sown in the grooves, at a distance of about 4 cm from each other.
- After this, the grooves are covered with a small layer of soil, but they are not trampled down.
It is completely recommended to take off a few days after emergence of shoots
In order to get the maximum possible yield from the sown bed, you should also take care of the radish afterwards:
- Throughout the time, the shoots and then the fruits need sufficient watering. At the same time, it is important to ensure that the water does not stagnate on the garden bed with radish, otherwise the roots will begin to rot.
- 7-10 days after emergence of shoots it is recommended to feed radish. To do this, use soaked chicken manure, it is diluted with water 1:10 and shed between the rows.
- Mulching of the soil in the garden with a root crop is carried out with dry humus and compost.
Feed dressing should be moderately, if you re-soil the soil, the majority of the crop will go to the arrows.
Diseases and pests
The Celeste Hybrid is highly immune to most diseases. Sometimes, if the irrigation regime is not followed, the fruit may be affected by putrefactive bacteria. Prevention is a moderate watering and checking the soil before carrying out the process.
Of the pests most often the radish suffers from aphids, this can be prevented with the help of wood ash, which is sprinkled on the plant itself and between the rows every two weeks.
Harvesting and storing it
Usually, under all necessary conditions, root crops can be harvested 24 days after sowing. To get a higher quality crop and visual appeal, this period should be slightly increased to 30 days. It is after this period that the radish Celeste will weigh up to 30 g each.
The hybrid crop perfectly transports transportation over long distances, and in three or four days its appearance will not change at all.
Celeste radishes are not difficult to grow. With a minimum expenditure of time and money, everyone can get a decent reward in the form of a root crop of up to 3.5 kg per square meter.