Anyone who wants to harvest a tomato early, there is a hybrid of tomatoes under the unusual name of Hali-gali. This early ripe variety does not cause much trouble in the cultivation of the plant. The tomato was developed by Siberian breeders, and in 2003 it was licensed as a hybrid. Hali-Ghali has been recommended for cultivation in greenhouses and in unprotected soil. Currently enjoys a well-deserved reputation among gardeners and gardeners. Description and characteristics of the variety are presented in this review.
Table of Contents
- Description and Characteristics of Tomatoes Hali-gali
- Others Others
- Planting Seeds and Growing of Seedling, it takes 80-100 days. It has similar F-1 hybrids. The plant is a determinant variety with a stem bush.
It is recommended to grow the Hali-Gali variety in the open field, but many gardeners plant in greenhouses: there it matures faster by 10-15 days. The bush has saturated light green leaves, and its height reaches 90 cm.
The inflorescences of this variety, like those of other tomatoes, do not have nectar. In this regard, pollination in greenhouses sometimes has to be done manually or applied in different ways to attract bees. Tomato Hali-gali is more suitable for growing in the southern regions and in the North Caucasus. In central Russia, in the Urals and Siberia, it is recommended to grow under film shelters.
Advantages and disadvantages of
When highlighting the advantages of a hybrid, it should be noted:
- The constancy of the development of plants when changing weather conditions;
- . The ability of to grow this crop on the balcony of , due to a slight increase;
- Endurance for insufficient moisture;
- Early harvest of fruits;
- Large is the percentage of sugar in fruits.
The variety does not have high yields and needs additional feedings. This, perhaps, ends all his flaws.
Planting seeds and growing seedlings
- Since Hali-gali is a hybrid variety, first of all, needs to be purchased in the store( it is impossible to collect them yourself).Then we buy the nutrient mixture in the store ready or mix the necessary components on their own.
- Prepare containers for seedlings, pour the drainage to the bottom in the form of claydite, then moisturized prepared nutritional mixture. We make indentations in the containers and plant the seeds( to ensure that we deepen 2 seeds per container in the soil).
- Seedlings cover the film and place on the illuminated window sill. When growing seedlings, three conditions must be observed: the necessary heat, light and humidity. In the beginning for seedlings need to withstand a temperature of 22-25 degrees, then, when the film is removed from the seedling boxes when sprouts appear, it is necessary to lower it to 17-19 degrees.
- Usually in April the daylight hours are still small, therefore, to create the necessary illumination for seedlings for 12 hours, needs to create an artificial highlight. During growth, make sure that the earth is wet, for this the seedlings need to be watered.
Seeds of tomatoes for seedlings need to be sown 50-60 days before planting seedlings in the ground.For the proper development of plants, it is necessary to determine the exact time of planting seeds, otherwise, in the case of overexposure, tomatoes take a long time to take root.
Approximate dates for planting seeds by region:
- In the southern regions of Russia and Ukraine, - from February 20 to March 15;
- In the central district, - from March 15 to April 1;
- In the Urals, Siberia, - from April 1 to 15.
In order not to be mistaken when starting to grow seedlings, you need to focus on the frosts that are possible in your area. By counting back 60 days from this date, you can accurately determine the time of sowing seeds. If it is planned to plant in the greenhouse, then sowing can be started earlier for 2-3 weeks.
Planting seedlings in the ground
Fertile, well-lit areas, preferably with a southern slope, are prepared for the early ripe Hali-Gali variety tomatoes. It is undesirable to plant tomatoes two years in a row at the same place due to soil-borne diseases.Good precursors are legumes, green crops and root vegetables. It is undesirable to plant after tomatoes and potatoes.
It is possible to plant different varieties on one ridge. It is necessary to plant the seedlings when the frosts are over, in early June, you can go to the greenhouse - 10-15 in May. Engage in transplanting, preferably on an overcast day, or in the evening, when the heat subsides.
In this case, undersized should be planted at a distance of 40 cm from each other and withstand 50 cm between the rows.growth point. After planting, water the plants liberally.
Cultivation of tomatoes
During the growth of a tomato is meant and care for them. To do this, you should regularly inspect the plants and, if necessary, you should:
- Spud .The first time you need to do this is two weeks after planting the seedlings, then after 14-15 days, another 2-3 times;
- Loosen the soil of the around the root system. The earth must be airy;
- Watering .This should be done abundantly, but not often;
- Pasvy .To form a bush of tomatoes on one, two or three shoots and then regularly remove axillary inflorescences. It is also recommended to remove the lower leaves;
- Apply dressing. The first dressing to make 10-14 days after planting. The second - after the beginning of flowering of the second flower brush.
When growing tomatoes, , it is sometimes necessary to shake plants for better fertilization. This procedure is done in the afternoon from 12 to 15 o'clock, and then the tomatoes with pistils are slightly watered with warm water: pollen sticks to the wet pestle more easily.A special feature of the variety is that the F-1 hybrid is not very susceptible to diseases, and in these rare cases, it is possible to do without chemicals. This, in turn, will affect the ecological purity of the fruit.
As already mentioned, fruit ripening occurs after three months. The first inflorescence is formed before the seventh leaf. The fruits have a uniform red color with a pointed tip at the end. The Khali-gali tomato harvest is relatively small, about 3 kg from a bush and up to 12 kg per 1 m2
Due to the fact that Hali-gali is an early ripe variety, it is enough to enjoy the taste of the first fruits using them in salads. Also, these tomatoes are good for preservation for the winter in the form of various blanks.