How to assemble an electric or mechanical meat grinder
Do you also adore meatballs and dumplings from homemade minced meat? They can be either tasty or very tasty! However, after grinding the meat, sooner or later it is necessary to disassemble the meat grinder in order to wash it and then collect it back.
And here not everybody can deal with a puzzle the first time how to assemble a meat grinder. Especially if you are a young housewife or a man who accidentally got into the kitchen.
- 1 Get to know the design of
- 2 Dismantling and washing
- 3 Assembling
Getting to know the design of
To properly assemble a manual meat grinder, you need to grind meat at your disposal, you must have such parts at your disposal:
- The machine body.
- Meat receiver, where you load the ingredients of the future stuffing.
- Auger shaft - a mechanism that moves the loaded raw material to the output.
- Special knife, grinding everything that goes inside the meat receiver. The knife can be winged( similar to a cross or a propeller) or circular.
- Grill, on which the quality of grinding depends.
- A clamping nut that holds the blade and the grille on the shaft.
- Fastening screw.
The electric meat grinder has a similar design, only instead of a handle, it has a motor that performs the most difficult work in the process of cooking stuffing.
Dismantling and washing
Most housewives store the meat grinder in assembled form, so that before work it remains only to fix it on the countertop. Suppose you grind the meat successfully. Now you need to wash, dry, collect the meat grinder back.
Can I clean the minced meat grinder? It is impossible, because you do not completely clean the remnants of minced meat. It will start to deteriorate, the machine will still have to disassemble and wash again.
And now everything is in order!
- If the meat receiver is removable, remove it from the housing neck.
- Unscrew the presser nut counterclockwise. To grip the nut tightly with your hand, cover it with a dry cloth.
- Remove the grid and knife from the finger of the auger shaft.
- Unscrew the fastening screw holding the handle of the machine, remove the handle.
- Only after that you will be able to pull the shaft from the body itself and release the meat grinder from it.
- Thoroughly clean all parts from minced meat residue, wash them with dish gel, or add a little baking soda to warm water. Rinse, put on a clean cloth or napkin so that all the details are thoroughly dry.
Store the manual meat grinder still better unassembled. And before you collect it for work, pre-lubricate the auger with vegetable oil.
Such a simple maneuver will help to securely hold all the components together and grind the meat with high quality.
Whatever you are attentive during disassembly, you can still get confused when you decide to assemble the manual meat grinder back. And it also happens that only a pile of parts neatly folded in a box gets to you, but there is no instruction. And here begins the delivery of the standard, how to properly assemble a meat grinder. Do this in the following sequence:
- Install the auger shaft inside the enclosure. Be careful: it has a thickening on one side and a thinner finger for a knife and a grid on the other. This thickening should come out on the side where the handle is attached. Happened? Put a handle on it and fasten it with a screw.
- From the back of the unit, install a knife on the shaft pin. Your attentiveness is required again. Inspect the knife. On the one hand, it is convex, on the other - flat. It is the flat side, when installed, must look outwards and fit snugly to the grille, which will need to be put on the stem pin immediately after the knife. And if the knife is circular, position it so that the cutting edges again look out. When assembling, this is one of the most important moments, because it depends on the proper placement of the knife whether the meat grinder will cut the meat or just crush it.
- When you insert the grate into the meat grinder, be sure to get a notch on a small tubercle located on the body of the machine. In the opposite case, you can not tightly tighten the clamping nut.
- Secure the entire assembly with a clamping nut, turning it clockwise.
Another nuance. Try to use native knives, that is, which are included in the kit. Knives may not always fit perfectly with another model.
And how to assemble a meat grinder, not manual, but electric? Follow the same pattern. There are, however, some features:
- First connect the housing of the unit with the gearbox housing. Slide it into the groove of the cover, and to fasten, turn it counterclockwise.
- Insert a screw shaft into the housing so that the protrusion of the shank falls into the hole in the output shaft of the drive.
- And you already know how to insert a knife, a lattice, a clamping nut into a meat grinder.
- The final touch is to install a boot bowl in the neck of the case.
Also interesting: electric meat grinder how to choose
Hooray! The meat grinder is not just assembled, but assembled correctly! It is possible to fry juicy burgers for dinner!