the best option. Especially when the tank can make a great grill.
If you decide to make it from a washing machine, then you will get a lot of advantages:
- Durable. If the tank material is stainless steel.
- Absolutely secure. The drum is round, with no sharp corners. If there are any protruding parts, they can be “modified by a file”.
- Hygienic. No rust( thanks to stainless steel) - no need for enhanced disinfection.
- Minimal costs of wood or coal: in a round bowl, the heat does not dissipate in vain - every coal is involved in the frying process.
- Easy disassembly and transportation - for campers.
- Resistant to high temperatures.
- Meat is cooked quickly due to the holes in which air enters, inflating the heat.
As you can see, the brazier from the washing drum has a place to be due to its excellent functional qualities.
Instruction: do-it-yourself brazier from the drum of the washing machine
Before you make this useful machine, you should prepare the necessary tool. In addition to the stainless drum, you will need:
- welding inverter;
- fasteners and bolts;
- metal corners;
- small adjustable wrench.
To build comfortable legs, find 3-4 tubes or thick metal rods. Home craftsmen instead of legs often use improvised means: metal stands for flowers, tripods from an old bar stool, and so on.
How to make a barbecue grill: a step-by-step guide
- Prepare the tank. The small drum can be used without alterations, and the big drum can be cut into two halves.
- If you are cutting a tank into 2 parts, then insert one part into another and brew it - the reliability of such a brazier will double.
- The third way to work with a tank, large or small, is to simply widen the hole, cutting out a large rectangle with a grinder in the center.
- Now you need to attach the stand( legs).If you use tubes, then weld them to the sides of the tank or fix them with bolts, so the legs will be removable. For stability, you can make a metal bar that will connect all the legs together.
If you use a tripod as a stand, then weld it from below. As the leg rotates, you can easily inflate the fire. Flower stand is mounted in the same way.
- The final stage of making a homemade barbecue is the arrangement of a stand for skewers or a grate. To do this, weld the corners at the top of the tank.
Important! To process and paint the improvised brazier is not necessary. Protect against corrosion can only legs.
You can make additional accessories for the brazier: weld hooks for barbecue equipment - tongs or forks. Or make a lid to fry kebabs and in rainy weather.
In addition to the drum, there are many more details in the washing machine that you can breathe in a second life. For example, you can make a lawnmower or a juicer out of an engine. And from the body of the machine - a smokehouse.
Of course, not every motorist will like the size of such a device, but if you wish, you can also cut the drum crosswise and fasten it with bolts - then you will get a full-fledged brazier.
The main advantage of homemade - you made it yourself, conscientiously, which means that the meat will be even tastier.