Prunes are dried plums, which have excellent taste. This delicacy will appeal to both adults and children. Most often for its preparation are used plums of the variety Hungarian or Renclod .In this article we will try to figure out what is the difference between plums and prunes, what useful properties these products have.
Table of Contents
- How is plum different from prunes?
- How to dry plum?
- How to dry the plum?
- How to dry in the sun?
- Oven Drying
- Electric Drying
- How to smoke a drain?
How is plum different from prunes?
Many people believe that the only difference is that the plum is a juicy fruit, and the prune is a dried fruit. No, it is not, prunes, although they will retain all the useful trace elements, but different from plums in their effects on the human body.
The benefits of plums:
- Because of the large amount of calcium and magnesium in this fruit, it will be very useful for the heart and .
- Plum is a natural and natural laxative , which is able to solve problems in the intestines, even in children, who are contraindicated in taking medicines.
- Moreover, plum fruits have a rejuvenating effect , therefore various cosmetic products are often made from them.
- Regular consumption of these fruits will help remove all toxins and toxins from the body , thereby cleansing the skin and promoting weight loss.
Useful properties of prunes:
- When using prunes the laxative effect will be much stronger than than when taking fresh fruit;
- Also such a dried fruit will be useful for people with a disease of the gastrointestinal tract ;
- Prunes can have a positive effect on vision ;
- Due to the good antibacterial effect prunes can slightly clean the mouth , eliminating unpleasant odor.
You can prepare prunes at home in three ways:
How to dry plum?
In order for the dried plum to turn out tasty and useful, it is necessary to fully comply with the technology of its preparation:
- First, you need to select the fruits of .The best option would be Renkold, Hungarian or Cherry Plum, but other plums with dense and juicy pulp will also do.
- The small fruits are wilted entirely , and the large ones are cut into two parts.
- Plums are blanched in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- Then they are doused with cold water .
- In order to give the future prune a sweeter taste and a black shine, fresh plum is soaked in honey syrup:
- 1 part of honey;
- 2 parts of boiling water.
- The fruits are stacked on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Then they need to placed in a preheated to 60 degrees oven .
- oven. The average cooking time is 10 hours , with the plums turning over every hour so that they dry out evenly.
- But the cooking process does not end there. A balance must be maintained between dry and wet fruits. To this end, , the resulting product is placed in an air-tight glass or plastic jar for the week .Every day, prunes are shaken, when condensation appears, the drying process will have to be repeated.
- It is recommended to store ready-made prune in fabric bags.
How to dry the plum?
There are several ways to dry the plum, but the process of preparing the fruit is the same for everyone. Fine varieties are best suited, large fruits are cut in half in .Also, in order that the plums dry faster, it is recommended to carefully remove the bones.
How to dry in the sun?
Only hot, sunny days are suitable for this method. Plums are cut in half and laid out on wooden sheets. They need to be exposed to the sun and periodically turned over during the day. In order to avoid product damage by insects, future prunes are covered with gauze. Considering that the humidity level rises at night, trays with fruits are transferred to a warm, dry room. If you comply with all the conditions, the finished dried fruit can be obtained in a week.
Drying in the oven
To begin with, you need to blanch the fruit in boiling water with the addition of 2 teaspoons of soda. In such a solution, the plum is released for 2-3 minutes. This is necessary in order to peel a little cracked and moisture came out faster. The process itself takes place in several stages:
- The baking tray with fruits laid out in one layer is placed in an oven heated to 60 degrees for 5 hours, so that the drying is more uniform.
- Then the oven turns off and the fruit cools down the for 5 hours.
- Then the oven is heated to 70 degrees and the plums are kept there for 6 hours, after which they must cool down again.
- At the last stage, the set the temperature to 80 degrees and bring the prunes to readiness , which will be talked about black shine and sweet-sour taste.
Drying in an electric dryer
If the kitchen has a device such as an electric dryer, then it can be used to make prunes.
The preparation of the fruit is the same as for other methods. Then they are spread on a pan with a cut up and start cooking:
- At a temperature of 50 degrees , the plums dry for 4 hours, then they need to cool.
- Then within 5 hours, the fruit is dried at a temperature of 60 degrees .
- After cooling, the plum fruit must be in an electric dryer for 6 hours, the is set to a temperature of 80 degrees .
How to smoke a plum?
Smoked plums are very tasty and sweet, you can add them to compotes, jam or use as a dessert.
To prepare such a delicacy, you need to adhere to the following recipe:
- 1 kilogram of plums thoroughly washed with , cut in half and remove the bone.
- Then prepare syrup, 400 milliliters of water are mixed with 500 grams of sugar, the resulting mass must be boiled and the fire lowered.
- Then spread the prepared plums into a syrup and bring to a boil.
- In the next step, you need to get rid of excess moisture , so the fruits spread on a towel.
- As soon as the plum is dry, its is spread on the baking tray and sprinkled with sugar.
- Prepare prunes for 3 sets of , the oven heats up to 50 degrees, after which the plums will be smoked there for 12 hours. Then they are taken out for 12 hours, and this operation is repeated two more times. Many housewives smoke plum in the daytime, and at night the fruits cool down. Thus, the cooking time is 3 days.
Both fresh and dried plum remains a very useful and tasty product. Preparing prunes at home is not so difficult , and anyone, even the beginning hostess can cope with this task.