It's nice to pick a tomato yourself from the garden, just eat it or make something tasty and healthy. But it becomes insulting to tears, when the crop is spoiled by pests. It looks small, but far from harmless white midges, they drink life-giving juices from the plant, they multiply, but they are held by a council. In this article, we will learn how and how you can deal with these tomato flies, and whether you can get rid of them forever.
Table of contents
- Harmful whitefly on tomatoes
- Black cicadas and the reasons for its appearance on seedlings
- How to deal with white and black tomato midges?
- Destruction methods of flies, proven over the years
- Preventive measures to save tomatoes from parasites
Harmful whitefly on tomatoes
Most insects that parasitize on tomatoes belong to a dangerous species of aphids. It spreads the disease through viruses, causes anomalies in plants. This attack can be overtaken during the summer season, especially during the growing season and fruit ripening.
High fertility leads to the fact that the leaves are completely plastered with it. More often on the tomatoes settled white and black midges. The first is called the whitefly, the second winged aphid in the popular - cicadka.
If there is a bright bloom on the bottom of the leaves, resembling flour, then this is a whitefly. Body size no more than 3 mm, has 4 porches. It jumps well, flies, easily moves around the site or the greenhouse. Adult feces cause damage to the lower parts of plants, more than they eat. Emerging from their larvae, the caterpillars secrete a waxy substance that firmly sticks the parasite to the plant. The insect sticks to the plate, drinks juices, the reserves of which are enough for the development of the pupa, and the planting perishes.
To determine the presence of the parasite is also possible by:
- twisted leaves;
- yellowed parts of the plant;
- unevenly ripening fruit;
- white veins inside the tomato.
Black Dikad and reasons for its appearance on seedlings
There is a black small midge with wings and without them. Its life cycle depends on the presence of ants on the farm. Ant nests serve as a home for them at night, and they can lay eggs there. They do not have a good flight ability, but when danger is present, they quickly move to neighboring bushes and form mass clusters. They feed, as whiteflies, with nutritious juices, often affect the inner side of the leaves.
The causes of the appearance of both are similar:
- warmth, high humidity, lack of wind;
- planting density, both in greenhouses and in the open field;
- application of untested fertilizers, incl.contaminated manure;
- planting seedlings infected by pest larvae.
With the above climatic factors, white and black insects can spread to all cultures over the summer. Pests live for up to 25 days, i.e.during the warm season is replaced by several generations.
How to deal with white and black tomato midges?
Some gardeners are trying to deal with small formations of pests with a hose, washing them with water, or destroy them with their hands. Such manipulations are ineffective. Rather help:
- Fumigation method. It is carried out in greenhouses at least 2 times a year. Evaporation, stagnant air, heat in them are an excellent environment for midges and the formation of soot fungi. Sulfur candles will help. Pre-tomatoes better temporarily carry away.
- Chemical attack. Soft pesticidal, organic insecticides with an abundance of insects. Safer products will be on pyrethrins, fatty acids, plant esters. Against mosquitoes are popular: "Aktafit", "Fufanon", "Pegasus".Gardening shops offer many options. Strictly according to the enclosed instructions solutions are prepared. Tomatoes are processed 3 times every 5 days. There are single-use drugs. It is necessary to carefully study the composition and rules of working with them.
Destruction methods of flies, tested over the years
It would be preferable to give people a first-rate method of dealing with whitefly or black snake. Chemical treatment must be started when they have not helped. The main enemies of midges are soap and vinegar( alkali, acid).With them prepare solutions:
- take 2 tbsp.spoons of liquid soap, dissolved with 0.5 liters of water, add sunflower oil;
- 10 g of soap, diluted in 10 liters of warm water with a glass of ash;
- 1 tbsp.spoon 9% vinegar per liter.
Dislikes aphids and individuals of its varieties of hot peppers, garlic, mustard. 200 grams of minced garlic is infused in a bucket of water, stirring. Before use, pour 50 g of dry mustard and 20 hot red pepper. Onion peel will also help. It is boiled for half an hour, the solution should have a high concentration: 300 g per small bucket.
They are treated with such feed twice: in the morning and in the evening.
Preventive measures to save tomatoes from parasites
Fighting a white or black midge can ruin the entire summer season. It is simpler and more humane for the plant to prevent the spread of unexpected guests. Whitefly, cicadas, like all parasites do not like the cold. Elementary airing of the greenhouse in the winter to save from their appearance.
It is worth trying a biological method, which is concluded in attracting insects that eat the larvae of .Provident gardeners planted fragrant herbs next to tomato seedlings, they attract:
- wasps, bees;
White and black midges do not tolerate the smell of calendula, dill, onion, garlic.
The excreted sweet liquid is attracted to ants by harmful insects. The presence of trails near the beds indicates their presence. Therefore, it is also necessary to get rid of anthills, because eggs are stored there.
To grow tomatoes healthy, you should not plant them thickly, even if there is little land. When plants are next to each other, there is a lack of light, nutrients in the soil. Shoots weaken, and the whitefly does not sleep. She finishes the crop, ruins the crop. Therefore, do not make a close landing. It is preferable that there are fewer large whole tomatoes than a greater number of painful fruits from one site.