Potatoes are one of the most common crops. It is used for cooking and creating valuable products. Its tubers serve as raw materials for the glucose, alcohol and starch industry. Consider the history of this culture, benefit, harm to the body and how the fruit of the potato can be called.
- In Russia
- Dietary Pancakes
- Baked Potatoes
About Potatoes in General
How the fruit of the potato is called: tuber or berry
Some people believe that tubers are the fruits of potatoes, but they are not. The fruit of the plant are berries growing on the bushes .In the people they are called tomatoes, bowls or shelabolokami. They begin to form closer to the fall.
The fruit is 2-3 cm in diameter and has a dark green color. Inside the ripe berries are seeds, with which breeders bring new varieties of plants.
Benefits for the body
Potato has a huge number of useful properties that have a beneficial effect on the human body. Its benefit is determined by the chemical composition of tubers, which are 80% water and fat, 20% carbohydrates, 2% protein.
Young potatoes contain the maximum amount of vitamins B and C. The plant is also rich in magnesium, iron, calcium, phosphorus and other trace elements.
The positive qualities of potatoes include:
- Nutritious food .It is a source of energy and well nourishes the human body. The nutritional value of the vegetable is 94 kcal per 100g.
- Control of swelling .The fruits of the plant have antispasmodic and diuretic properties. They contain potassium, which is used to remove salts and excess fluid from the body. It also helps to normalize the metabolism and maintain the balance of electrolytes. To support the daily requirement of potassium, it is enough to eat 500 grams of potatoes per day.
- Treatment of gastrointestinal diseases .Raw roots help people with gastritis, ulcers, or fibroids. For the treatment of diseases of the digestive tract, you can use a vegetable and boiled.
Culture also contributes to skin problems .The vitamins that make up the tubers make the skin softer. Many experts recommend that people with delicate skin use potato masks. With their help, you can get rid of rashes and redness. To speed wound healing, you can use raw tuber.
What other diseases does the culture help with:
- Preventing atherosclerosis .People with vascular and heart diseases are encouraged to eat potatoes regularly. With the help of starch, the amount of cholesterol in the liver and blood is reduced.
- Treatment of periodontal disease .To get rid of this disease will help freshly squeezed juice of potatoes. It is recommended to rinse their mouth three times a day and periodontal disease will disappear.
The content of solanine in food is dangerous and harmful to humans. :
- red blood cells are destroyed;
- appears nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea;
- increase fainting.
Tubers contain carbohydrates that are quickly absorbed by the body and accumulate in adipose tissue. Therefore, potato dishes can not be eaten by obese people. It is also not recommended to eat chips , since its caloric content is 3 times higher than normal.
Do not combine a card with other products. This can cause the formation of gas and heaviness in the stomach.
Potatoes during pregnancy
Eating potato dishes during pregnancy can be not only beneficial, but also harmful.
Useful qualities of
In the first weeks of the term, the body of the future mother is weakened and needs to be restored. Dishes from potatoes saturate it with vitamins, carbohydrates and other useful elements:
- Folic acid. With its help is the formation of the nervous system of the baby.
- Calcium and Phosphorus. Participate in the formation of the musculoskeletal system of the child.
- Potassium. Normalizes the performance of the cardiovascular system of the future mother.
Than harmful potatoes for pregnant
Sprouted tubers can harm a future mother. The amount of starch in them increases and because of this they are digested much worse.
During pregnancy, it is recommended to eat only small portions of boiled or baked potatoes.
Potatoes for Children can be fed for children fed mashed potatoes from six months. To make it, potatoes are ground in a blender and steamed.
Starting from eight months, children can make soups and mashed potatoes from potatoes. These dishes contain elements that a growing body of a baby needs: sulfur, calcium, sec, phosphorus, magnesium.
They play an important role in the formation of muscle mass, teeth, bones, the nervous and immune system of the child.
However, there are some reasons why pediatricians do not recommend to start feeding with potatoes:
- It contains a lot of starch, which is poorly absorbed by young children and causes constipation, cramping and bloating in them. With age, this element is absorbed much better.
- Potatoes are high-calorie foods and their should not be given to children who are overweight .It is better to replace it with beets, carrots, cabbage or zucchini.
The history of the origin of the potato
The history of the origin of the potato has several millennia. In different parts of the world, this plant appeared at different times. However, we will try to convey it briefly.
In America and Europe
The homeland of culture is South America .It was on its territory that the local people began to cultivate it about 12 thousand years ago. Scientists came to such conclusions after studying the remains of plants found during the excavations of Indian settlements.
There are many versions of the appearance of this plant in Europe. However, many researchers are sure that the monk Neronim Kordan was the first to bring him back in 1580.
Potatoes did not immediately gain popularity in Europe. For a long time it was considered inedible. Some doctors even claimed that he was a peddler of infection. Only during the famine of in 1755 did begin to actively consume it.
For this, many European monarchs had to intimidate the peasants, as they refused to plant potatoes:
- to the peasants in England were given gold medals for growing them;
- King of Prussia issued a decree - it said that people who refused to plant potatoes will cut their ears and noses.
The first batch of this vegetable was brought to Russia by Peter and .He ordered to spread potatoes in different areas, but this idea failed.
Only under Catherine II was it possible to spread the plant throughout Russia. For this, a special order was issued, with the help of which, after 15 years, the vegetable was even grown in Kamchatka.
In 1840, the area for planting potatoes to become increased .Within 10-15 years, several hundreds of new plant varieties were bred.
Useful potato dishes
There are many types of dishes containing this culture. Preparing a healthy and tasty potato dish is very simple. For this you need to familiarize yourself with the recipes of their preparation.
- a tablespoon of whole grain flour;
- one chicken egg;
- kilogram of potatoes;
- salt to taste.
Potato is washed and scalded in the peel. After that, it is cleaned and blended using a blender. Then salt, sifted flour and egg are added to it. The mixture is thoroughly stirred and is cut into small pieces of , which will need to be added to boiling water.
Dumplings get out of the water when they start to rise. Served on the table with sauce or sour cream.
dietary pancakes Ingredients :
- two tablespoons of flour;
- two eggs;
- two onions;
- kilogram of potatoes;
- salt to taste.
Potato is washed, cleaned and grated. Then salt, eggs, flour and chopped onions are added to the potatoes. All ingredients are mixed until homogeneous, after which the mixture is laid out in small portions in the pan and baked for 20-30 minutes .
- kilograms of potatoes;
- three heads of garlic;
- salt to taste.
Potatoes and garlic are washed, cleaned and cut into several pieces. Then they are placed in the form and placed in a preheated oven. The dish should be baked for 45-50 minutes. To make it softer, the form can be covered with foil or a lid .
Potatoes - a plant with a rich history. It is used for cosmetic purposes, for the treatment of diseases and the preparation of various dishes.