1 What to do if the wax gets on your clothing?
- 1.1 Method 1. Iron
- 1.2 Method 2. steam
- 1.3 Method 3. freezing
- 2 Different types of material - different ways to remove the wax
- 3 How to remove colored wax?
- 4 Getting rid of greasy stains?
- 5 Output
How to remove wax from clothing, so as not to throw grown fond thing? Recently I got into this situation, and I had to search through a lot of information in search of an answer. I experienced all the ways, and now share with you the most reliable.
What to do if the wax gets on your clothing?
Remove the wax from the fabric just will not work - If your eyes dripped wax on clothes, then proceed as follows:
Blot the stain with paper towels formed. Try not to smear wax on the surface, to the spot has not increased.
Next, wait for 10-15 minutes until dry wax or paraffin.
After solidification maximum scrape paraffin blunt object (you can use the knife or scissors).
To further remove choose the appropriate method depending on the fabric:
Method 1. Iron
Hot removal of iron is suitable for natural fabrics:
To remove the wax with a hot iron, you will need:
- cotton fabric;
- paper or paper towels.
Spread on an ironing board suffered thing.
From underneath the stain from the candle puts a paper, folded in several layers, or paper napkins.
Top cover with dirt with a cotton cloth or paper towel.
Hot iron held several times on the fabric surface. At high temperatures, the plastic material is melted and absorbed into the napkin.
If at first you could not wipe out the stain, repeat the procedure. Just do not forget to replace the cloth or tissue.
Method 2. steam
To remove the hot steam, we need:
- 1 paper napkin or tissue graft;
- Hair dryer or steamer or iron with this feature.
- Cover with wax stain with a napkin or cloth and warm up a hairdryer.
- Under the pollution hot steam will melt and soak into the cloth.
As in the first case, the procedure can be repeated if the first time thing is not cleared.
If the dryer has not corrected the situation, I propose to use the steamer or iron with this regime. Only this time it is not necessary to apply appliance close to the tissue. Keep the steamer at a distance of 8-10 cm, the clothes treated with steam only.
Remember, hot methods are only appropriate for the removal of a colorless wax. From the color to the clothes can remain divorces.
Method 3. freezing
Removing the cold method will help remove wax from clothing:
- fabrics with a nap.
To freeze, we need:
- ice pieces;
- cold water;
The result will be the most effectiveIf the freeze thing right after getting wax on the surface. He did not have time to soak into the fibers of the fabric, so to remove the wax from clothing will be easier.
Peel the wax from clothing made of thin material after freezing can be simply rubbed soiled place. And to accelerate the solidification of the wax on the spot attach pieces of ice. Then toothbrush easily push walk around problem areas.
Clothes stained with wax can simply be washed in cold water - plastic substance chipped and disappear.
Different types of material - different ways to remove the wax
How to withdraw from the candle wax from clothing, if it is synthetic?
Heat the water to 50-70 ° C.
Put synthetic thing in hot water for 2 minutes.
Clean sponge or piece of cloth remove the wax from the candle. It is not necessary to rub the stain intensely that it has not increased.
For best results, the whole process can be repeated.
Clear wax with synthetic fabrics can also use gasoline or turpentine. For this:
- moistened cotton pad in one of the liquids;
- wipe the dirt;
- Wash in warm soapy water and rinse under running.
It is best to refer to the dry cleaners, as with delicate fabrics display spots harder. But the price for such a service rather big.
If you decide to clean the stains from the wax clothes at home, use a stain remover. You can even use any detergent for dishes, it is not less effective:
- Squeeze a few drops of detergent directly on the stain and leave it to dry completely.
- Then erase the usual way.
- Suede and fur. Fur consists of a plurality of villi, which are the active corrosive purification methods will be irretrievably damaged:
- To thing of fur for a long time served and did not become a place of "bald", it is necessary to freeze. Only then can gently remove impurities.
- suede We use hot method: puts a paper towel and apply an iron. But not ironed!
Another way to get rid of the wax stains on suede products:
Prepare a solution of their own hands:
Mix all ingredients.
In the solution soak a cotton pad or piece of cloth enclose a couple of minutes to the wax.
Wipe with a damp cloth pollution. This will soften the stain, and you can easily uncheck it.
- Leather. To clean the skin from the wax, take the thing in the cold and wait until the paraffin "of freezing." on the site then the spot to make a hem - fold the product at this point in half. Plastic substance itself will crack and fall off from the surface!
- Denim. It is a durable material that can be easily and cold and hot methods. For example:
Wash wax from clothing denim as possible if:
- soak item in the container with water 50-60 ° C with the addition of a powder or other detergents;
- 30 minutes to wash the product by rubbing the problem areas with their own hands.
How to remove colored wax?
Traces of colored wax is best removed using gasoline, turpentine or alcohol. You can also resort to freezing. And here Hot methods should not be used - since the dye vestsya deeper into the fabric.
Getting rid of greasy stains?
Even after a thorough scrubbing cloth on the wax may remain traces of fat. To get rid of them, you can use:
- detergent for tableware;
- purified gasoline;
- A solution of ammonia. Dilute a few drops of ammonia in a glass of water and damp cloth. Wipe greasy land - spots as usual.
- Talc. Grease stain sprinkle talcum powder. After this thing erase.
- Dishwashing liquid. Lubricant contamination place, leave it for a few hours, then zastiryvaem.
Before using specialized tools, test them on the wrong side of the garment. If the reaction has not occurred, safely proceed to the cleaning of the front side.
I have described all the ways to get rid of wax traces on clothes, which is assured. They are really effective - check! To be convinced of this, watch the video in this article.
Do you know a trouble-free method to remove wax from fabric? Share your experiences in the comments.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!