The role of organic red in the marketAfter all, its varieties and types are very different in shape and color. To date, there are four groups of petunias: large-flowered and small-flowered, dwarf and ampelous. The latter includes petunia Surfinia.
Favorable conditions for growing petunias Surfinia
Each plant has its own preferences in conditions. Petunia Surfinia - the flower is not very naughty, but more demanding to care than regular petunia. To grow it healthy and flourishing, it will take some knowledge.
Favorable conditions conducive to the successful cultivation and abundant flowering of petunias Surfinia:
- warm temperature( flower comes from the tropics, cold leads to loss of inflorescences);
- good illumination of the location of the plant;
- regular and abundant watering in the hot season( the flower is drought-resistant, but in the summer period the roots require a large amount of water);
- is a neutral or slightly acidic sandy sandy soil;
- top dressing by mineral fertilizers in the spring and autumn period;
- protected from rain and wind.
See also: Fertilizer lilies
Petunia Surfinia needs pruning of the shoots. When the branches of a flower grow to 20-30 centimeters, it is worth pinching them. This approach will help form a bush and give it the opportunity to become more fluffy. Pinching is carried out only in the early stages of growth of petunia Surfinia, since pruning delays flowering for two weeks.
Basic rules of care:
- from the end of spring to the end of autumn to make complex fertilizers;
- regularly remove inflorescences that have faded;
- for the winter put petunia Surfinia in a room with an air temperature of 15-18 degrees Celsius;
- flower transplant, if the root system is too entangled.
Read also: Meet - varieties of stellate pelargoniums with photos and descriptions
In nature, there are two ways of breeding petunias Surfinia:
It is very important to purchase quality planting material. In the process of growing petunias, surfiniya should not be planted home-grown seeds. They have poor germination, and as a result, grow "flowers-savages."It is best to buy hybrid seeds F1, and in a specialty store in professional packaging. On packs there is always a photo of petunia Surfinia, which makes it possible to choose the color of the flower. Also when buying seeds it is important to pay attention to the manufacturer. For example, very popular are FloraNova, Kitano, Couel, Pan American and many others.
Propagation by cuttings
For reproduction of the petunia, the surfinium is vegetatively prepared( by grafting).
What materials should be available:
- well-cut scissors or pruner;
- is a special rooting container( available at a specialty flower shop or online store);
- mini-greenhouse with microclimate, light exposure and a warm bottom;
- white peat for sowing( purchased);
Read also: Making your choice on the photo with a description of the best varieties of sweet pepper
A sharp scissors( shears) cuts a cutting from three to seven centimeters high. It takes root in moist soil. Then the container with the handle is placed in a mini-greenhouse for a couple of weeks. After this time, the planting material will be ready for transplanting into the pot.
The role of organic fertilizers
If the plant is regularly fed with organic substances, it will generously repay with bright and beautiful flowers. Fertilizers are applied at least once every seven to ten days. For feeding, use a mullein infusion or vermystim.
In the process of growing petunias, Surfinia organic fertilizers are poured throughout the entire flowering period of the plant. With regular feeding, the flower will become lush and branched. As a result - a riot of color provided!
Petunia Surfinia - video review