Your sump water is dirty, and the smell is poor? Agree, this water is not only unpleasant to use as drinking water, but also very dangerous. After the microorganisms contained in it can lead to various diseases.
You want to perform a disinfection source, but do not know how to do it? We will help you to deal with the intricacies of the process and show you what tools you can use. We have described in detail a set of measures aimed at the elimination of odors and pollutants.
We give effective compositions used for disinfection, we present the case of photos and videos with valuable recommendations. The performed correctly and timely disinfection of water in the well, made according to our advice, allowing safe to use it for drinking, household needs and irrigation.
The content of the article:
- When it is necessary to disinfect?
- Preparation for decontamination treatment
- Remedy # 1 - effective bleach
- Remedy # 2 - accessible "White"
- Remedy # 3 - operational and safety potassium permanganate
- Remedy # 4 - iodine solution as an emergency measure
- Remedy # 5 - tablet drugs
- Physical methods of disinfection
- Actions after disinfection
- Measures of prevention of pollution sources
- Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
When it is necessary to disinfect?
Disinfection involves two stages: cleaning shaft well and water disinfection. This process was subjected to all the wells, regardless of their purpose and frequency of use.
The reasons for which it is necessary to take measures for disinfection, can be very different:
- flooding due to spring floods;
- penetration waste or groundwater;
- penetration of agricultural or industrial chemicals;
- getting into the well dead birds and animals;
- intensive exploitation of the well, whereby the bottom ground subsidence occurs;
- formation on the walls of slime, dirt, salt deposits and moldy;
- the presence of the open pit small debris, dust.
Preventative disinfection of the well recommended at least 1 time per year, and it is better to do it twice - after the spring flood and early spring.
Remember that poor-quality, contaminated water not only has unpleasant taste and smellBut also a nutrient medium for growth of pathogenic microorganisms hazardous to humans and farm animals.
It is therefore necessary to conduct regular cleaning of the well water and mines.
From the periodicity of disinfectant action depends on the quality of the water and its content of pathogenic microorganisms and harmful impurities
Preparation for decontamination treatment
Preparatory work is recommended in order to make mandatory immediately prior to the disinfection procedure. On the validity of training it depends largely on the speed and quality of the disinfecting treatment.
The first step is to carry out pumping water. If the water in the well is small, it is sufficient to use surface pump.
If the water level is considerable, it would take a powerful submersible pump. Before starting the pump must be removed from the well of floating debris, it is best for this purpose will approach the net with a long handle with a fine mesh.
After evacuation of water carried down into the well and inspection of its bottom and sides for the presence of cracks, leaks, Fat. In the presence of cracks they must be addressed special waterproofing solution. It also involves the removal of a garbage pit walls, algae, silt.
The quality of water extracted from the well can be reduced not only in old buildings
Well with silt bottom, where there were algae, prior to disinfection is necessary to clean the bottom and put the new filter
If a reduction in water quality is connected with the violation sealing walls before disinfection source is necessary to carry out repairs
After performing the disinfection and emptying the shaft 2 - 3 times as is necessary to check the water content therein to chemicals. If there is excess, evacuation is carried out several times, then the sample for analysis shall be at SES
Poor quality water from the well
Cleaning the wells on their own
Repair of walls before disinfection
composition of the water check for acidity
Used Tools - hard brushes, spatulas. The bottom of the well is cleaned of sediment, as far as possible removed old benthic filling and poured new.
As bottom filling You can use small fraction crushed stone, gravel, sand. Expanded clay can not be used because of its too low specific gravity and high toxicity.
In the presence of plaque on the concrete rings it should also be eliminated. For this purpose, various substances, whose composition depends on the nature of the deposits. The salt deposits are removed with acidic solutions, for example a weak solution of hydrochloric acid or vinegar.
Spot corrosion recommended carefully removed with a hammer or grinder, and the surface water-resistant anticorrosive composition process. In the presence of moldy deposits requires treatment with copper sulfate.
Before the procedure of disinfection must always be thoroughly cleaned and the shaft bottom of the well of debris and various deposits, using special tools
Disinfection of water in the well is done with the use of special tools which have antibacterial and disinfecting properties.
They must have the following properties:
- effectively eliminate pathogenic organisms to suppress their development
- be safe for human body
- not harm the walls of the well
- easily washed off.
Most frequently for disinfection of well water and mines are used, which describe in more detail in the next section. For pumping water held decontamination procedure, it is better to use cheap pumps, Which are not sorry to leave for good after use.
Remedy # 1 - effective bleach
Buy powder 1% chlorine can be in any hardware store.
To accurately calculate the amount of bleach is conducted the following experiment:
- take 10 grams. bleach and diluted in 1 liter of pure water;
- take three capacity of 200 ml and filled with water from a well;
- a first capacitance add 2 drops of the chlorine solution, secondarily - 4 drops, the third - 6 drops;
- stir water in all the tanks and wait 30 minutes;
- after time we check each container for the presence of chlorine smell - it should be barely noticeable.
Considering that 1 ml of the bleach solution contains 25 drops, it follows that one cubic meter for disinfection must be well water 400 ml. Knowing the water volume in the well is easy to calculate the need for a solution of chlorine required for disinfecting procedure.
Instructions for disinfecting:
- Fill the solution into the well and for 10 minutes in a water mix it with a long pole or brushes. If the volume of the well is large, it is advisable to use a mixing bucket on a rope, which scooped the water, and then pour back.
- Well covered with polyethylene film or a thick cloth for 6-10 hours in the summer and 12-24 hours in the cold season. It is important to avoid falling into the well to direct sunlight could cause the chlorine breaks down, greatly reducing the effectiveness of disinfection.
- If after the specified time in the well completely odorless chlorine disinfection should then again, because this indicates the destruction of chlorine compounds, and low efficiency of disinfection events.
- The walls of the well was washed first with chlorinated water, and then clean.
- Bilge water up until the chlorine odor is felt.
When using bleach is required to strictly observe safety measures, avoiding contact with skin, plastic and metal surfaces.
Chlorine solution should be prepared using only cold water, warm water makes a volatile chlorine compound and very dangerous for respiratory
Remedy # 2 - accessible "White"
Another inexpensive way to quickly and properly disinfect the well. Empirically it has been found that the optimal concentration - 1 liter "Whiteness" 1 water reinforced concrete manhole ring.
Decontamination technology is exactly the same as with the use of bleach: solution poured into the well walls are washed using a brush, a long brush or a cloth wound on pole.
Sometimes applying chlorine solution or "Whites" special garden sprayers are used. This simplifies the procedure for cleaning the walls of the well, but do not forget to thoroughly wash equipment after use.
To disinfect the well can be used any chlorine-containing agent in liquid or powder form sold in hardware stores
Remedy # 3 - operational and safety potassium permanganate
This method applies well to disinfect sparing, but its effectiveness is much inferior chlorine method. However, in some cases it is possible to use potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate) for the decontamination of mines and water in the well.
To prepare the solution taken 1 tablespoon of potassium permanganate in 10 liters of warm water. The solution was thoroughly mixed and poured into the well. Reserve solution for 30-60 minutes and pump water several times.
After completion of the cleaning solution are washed with dry manganese pit wallAnd it is placed on the bottom mesh (sieve usual) with manganese 3-5 c that will remain there permanently, providing disinfecting and antibacterial properties. Instead of manganese can be placed on the bottom of the silicon chips, also possesses disinfectant properties.
Remedy # 4 - iodine solution as an emergency measure
With regard to this method of disinfection specialists' opinions differ. Some believe that iodine is an excellent antibacterial agent, destroying pathogenic microorganisms and preventing their reproduction environment.
Others say that the required bactericidal concentration makes well water unsuitable for drinking and irrigation.
In any case, disinfection with iodine may be applied in the case where there is no possibility to carry out a complete disinfection of the well. For this it is necessary to prepare a solution - 3 drops of iodine in 1 liter of water (1 sufficiently reinforced concrete ring of 3-5 liters of water) and pour it into the well. This measure will help to slightly delay the well cleaning and to improve water quality.
It is impossible to fill up the well the dry powder of potassium permanganate - this can lead to unwanted chemical reactions and formation of heavy compounds
Remedy # 5 - tablet drugs
The modern market of household chemistry offers a convenient option to disinfect the well - chlorine tablets "Akvatabs", "Septuplets", "Ekobriz" and others.
The average consumption of these tablets 4 tablets a bucket of water for a single well. The exact dosage is given by the manufacturer in the instructions to the chlorine-containing tablets. For the preparation of solutions used plastic or enamel bucket, water is taken to room temperature.
disinfection procedure is carried out in two stages:
- Preliminary stage. Water is pumped from a well, the bottom and walls are cleaned of dirt and deposits. After that, the wall of water the prepared solution, and you can use a variety of spray devices or just a rag on a pole, brush. After applying the composition to wait 30 minutes and then rinsed with pure water wall.
- Disinfection of water. The well is filled with water and into it was poured the solution obtained by dissolving the chlorine tablets. The number of tablets depending on the volume of the well is also stated in the manufacturer's instructions.
To disinfect the water in the well mixed with the disinfecting composition, and the well is tightly closed polyethylene or dense tissue. Aged from 3 to 12 hours. After this it is necessary to pump water until complete disappearance of the chlorine odor.
Application tableted means compared to bleach and whiteness has the following advantages:
- High-performance cleaning and disinfection;
- ease of application, ease of preparation of the solution;
- minimal dwell time of the solution in the well;
- the use of safety.
The disadvantages of chlorine tablets include their high cost.
Tablet means should be used in strict accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, without exceeding the recommended dosage, to avoid poisoning the water in the well
Physical methods of disinfection
By modern methods of disinfecting well water include ultrasound and UV cleaning. Both methods are highly efficient, environmentally safe, but their implementation requires the installation of expensive equipment.
Mounted equipment is expedient if the well water is used in the autonomous system of water supply to the house year-round.
Device for the UV treatment is equipped with an electronic unit, which controls the supply of water in the cleaning unit automatically. The emitted ultraviolet light destroys all known microorganisms without changing the taste, odor and color of water.
Equipment for the implementation of disinfection with ultraviolet rays is expensive. Therefore, rare summer visitor chooses a setting as an option for disinfecting water in a pit
In addition to the high cost of the equipment, this method has another drawback: at the open pit there is a possibility of secondary pollution of water.
To carry out ultrasonic cleaning equipment is used, emitting ultrasonic waves, which are also harmful to microorganisms.
Of course, these methods of disinfection are the most advanced and safe, but their use in most households is not yet possible because of the high cost and impracticality of wells.
Actions after disinfection
After the end of the disinfection procedure, which was carried out using chlorinated agents, it is recommended to observe the following guidelines:
- Do not use well water during the first 24 hours after disinfection.
- During 5-10 days should be boiled and / or water from the well to pass through the filter before use.
- If water is present smell of chlorine, it is required to make a full pumping wells.
After all these steps, it is desirable to carry out a chemical well water analysis to assess the quality of cleaning and confirm her safety.
For a more thorough analysis of the water from the well visual inspection is insufficient, it is necessary to conduct a study of the chemical composition in vitro
Measures of prevention of pollution sources
In order to carry out actions for disinfection as little as possible, but at the same time to use quality water, it is necessary to observe a number of measures aimed at preventing the well contamination.
These measures include the following:
- can not be left open pit;
- keep your distance from the well to the sewer system and the wastewater at least 20 meters;
- reliably sealed wall of the well, preventing the penetration of groundwater;
- Submersible pumps used with remote injectors, it greatly reduces the amount of leakage;
- to comply with health standards, do not discharge into the waste pit.
Compliance with these simple measures to avoid contamination and silting of the well, which are the most likely causes of the deterioration of water quality.
Timely preventive disinfection allow the well to contain the required sanitary conditions, will provide an opportunity to use without fear of water from it for various household needs
Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
Video # 1. Detailed account of the preparation of the well to disinfect water pumping and cleaning the bottom of filling:
Video # 2. Chloro - substance used for disinfection of well water:
Video # 3. Tableted means to disinfect water in the well:
Do not neglect preventive cleaning and disinfection, allows to operate well and for a long time without problems. Conduct treatment should be timely, choose the most suitable in your case means.
If disinfectants are to perform activities on their own, then you need to stock up on personal protective equipment, especially when working with corrosive compounds such as chlorine or white.
From everyone to share a personal experience in the cleaning manhole shafts or water disinfection, to get answers to interesting questions forward to participate in the discussion. Please write comments located under the text of the article box.