Iodine is a useful substance not only for humans, but also for most vegetable crops and ornamental plants. But before you indulge your favorite plants with an iodine-based feed, you must carefully study the recipes of the solutions and the principle of the effect of the medicine on tomato seedlings.
It is possible to feed and process tomatoes with whey, depending on the purpose for which the processing is performed. How to use folk remedies and in what proportions, why it is necessary to water the seedlings of cucumbers and how to process after picking we will describe further.
Table of contents
- How is iodic
- milk Spraying with
- syrup flow Feeding with iodine and green
- Root feeding
How iodine is useful for tomato seedlings
Tomatoes is very demanding for the presence of iodine , so they are simply unable to fully develop without it.
Useful properties of the use of iodine:
- Promotes abundant fruiting.
- Strengthens the immunity of young plants.
- Accelerates seed germination.
- Excellent antifungal agent.
Watering and spraying with a weakly concentrated iodine solution is an excellent remedy for phytophthora and powdery mildew .
How to determine iodine deficiency in a plant
As a rule, the appearance of a plant indicates a lack of iodine. What should I look for when inspecting the bushes?
- Shortage affects the condition of the tomatoes: leaves become pale , stems - thin .
- Tomatoes often suffer from dangerous diseases, taxis like late blight, brown spot, mosaic and root rot. Dose after full healing planting again fall ill due to lack of good immunity.
- Due to the lack of adult tomatoes late in the phase of fruiting or do not produce crop at all. If you do not immediately make iodine plants under the fruit will be small, often green. It is impossible to get a generous harvest from such plants.
How to do top dressing
The solution is applied under the plants in the form of root and foliar top dressing. The first method involves watering tomatoes under the root, the second - spraying the leaves with a nutrient solution. Experienced growers alternate root and foliar feeding to achieve the best effect.
. When applying iodine, the following sequence should be followed:
- is fed with a weak solution: 2-3 drops of water are added 2-3 drops.
- In June, during active preparation for flowering, tomatoes feed with milk-iodine solution( the recipe is described below).
- In order to maximally strengthen the vegetables for the fruiting period, they make root dressing for tomatoes: 10 drops of an alcoholic iodine solution are added to 1 bucket of water.
- In the period of fruit set, bushes are fertilized with ash and boric acid with a solution based on .Feed the plant under the root.
What are the peculiarities of use in greenhouse and open ground
If the purpose of introducing iodine is not only feeding tomatoes, but their treatment from phytophthora , the treatment is carried out in a special way.
- To get rid of phytophtors and prevent its occurrence, the walls of the greenhouse are cleaned of debris.
- Wash clean surfaces of with 1% manganese solution.
- Fumigate a greenhouse with coal: a metal bucket is carpeted with a hide, on top of which hot coals are poured. The room during the manipulation must be tightly closed.
Before processing the tomato plantings in the open ground, no preparation is carried out either.
Folk remedies for the treatment of tomatoes
- 1 cup of crushed garlic fall asleep in a bucket of water and leave to stand for 24 hours. After the time the tincture is filtered and 2 g of potassium permanganate is added. Foliar dressing contribute to the destruction of fungi.
- 15g of ash is stirred in 2 lbs and insisted throughout the day. Then the mixture is filtered and watered. Ash feeding eliminates the lack of phosphorus.
- chicken manure is diluted twice with water and then put into the cellar for 3 days. Fermented dressing diluted 1:10 and contribute under the root.
How to feed cucumbers and peppers
To get rid of the powdery mildew, the plant and the soil near it are abundantly sprayed with a solution based on milk and iodine: 350 ml of milk and 4 drops are added to 3 liters of water.
In order for to accelerate the emergence of pepper seedlings, the seeds are soaked for 6 hours in a 0.1% native solution. After the procedure, the seeds germinate quickly, turning into strong seedlings.
When the pepper releases the second pair of leaves, the seedlings are watered with fertilizer: 1 drop of 5% iodine tincture is diluted in 3 liters of water.
. Methods for conducting
. To fertilize tomatoes, the necessary dose of the solution based on the medical substance is poured directly under the root of the plant. Since the leaves of tomatoes have good absorption, plants are sprayed with spray dressings.
When the earthen clod near the plant dries out slightly, pour tomatoes with a few drops of water. Due to this manipulation, two tasks are solved at once: the plants absorb the necessary moisture and useful microparticles.
Milk-based mixture is an excellent fungicide remedy: the leaves are covered with a milk film, due to which pathogens can not be fixed on the surface.
To prepare a solution of 4 liters of water, combine with 1 l of fresh milk and 15 drops of iodine tincture. The resulting mixture to spray tomatoes in overcast dry weather .