The main task of the industrial poultry industry is the breeding of a new highly productive bird. To achieve the desired result, mixing several breeds and creating hybrids is used.
Such hybrids are called crosses, which is translated from English as an intersection. Cross-country has a number of positive characteristics of , which distinguish them from other breeds.
They are characterized by increased productivity, survival and quickly adapt to new environmental conditions.
The meat-breaking hare brown is one of such cross-countries. But, despite its belonging to the meat-breaking type, Brown is known precisely as egg cross-chicken.
Table of contents
- Description and photo of a breed of brown Braun
- content of the contents of the service. Subject of the serviceand supplements
- Incubation of eggs
- Video review of the hens of this breed
Description and photo of the breed of brown Brown
LomAn Brown is one of the most well-known and productive egg crosses.
The breed was bred by the German company Lohmann Tierzucht GmbH, through many years of breeding work on crossing 4 breeds of first-generation hybrids, which was based on obtaining highly productive cross-country regardless of the conditions of their content.
The bird's plumage color is brown and white, a type of color characterized by the presence of two genes: maternal and paternal. Most often roosters are white, and chickens have red-brown plumage.
crosses are distinguished by their strong build, wide chest, tight belly and well-developed wings.
Birds are well adapted to new conditions and completely unpretentious.
Cross is not prone to weight loss and obesity. Brown Brown has established itself as a highly productive, calm and unpretentious poultry.
The conditions of keeping of cocks and layers of
Unpretentiousness and high productive indicators make it possible to breed chickens both in industrial conditions at the poultry farm and in the farms.
When breeding a broken brown, flooring or cage content is used, and in private it is allowed to use walking. Growing indoors requires adherence to certain norms and rules of maintenance.
Proper temperature control is only the first step to success. According to the standards , the temperature in the house should not exceed 16-18 ° C , and the humidity of the air is not 70%.In winter, it is necessary to heat the room in order not to violate the microclimate.
To save heat and reduce costs, it is recommended to warm the walls of the house. Drafts are also undesirable, so if they occur, it is necessary to close all the cracks and insulate the windows. The duration of daylight has a great influence on egg production.
Housekeeping facilities or a special barn in households should be equipped with artificial light lamps. At home in the summer, chickens get enough light, being on a whole day walking.
In winter, however, during periods of extreme cold and constant interruptions in the shed, artificial lighting typical for a normal daylight hours is necessary. In industrial conditions or premises without access for walking, constant observance of daylight hours through artificial lighting is necessary.
The house is ventilated every day by , in order to avoid various diseases.
Household Growing Tips
When flooring a broken Brown, it is necessary to properly equip a barn. Straw or sawdust should be laid on the floor as a litter. The room is equipped with perches, nests, feeders and drinkers.
- The crouches are special poles, about 40 mm in diameter, necessary for resting chickens.
- Sockets. When building a nest for broken brown, the dimensions of the cross are taken into account, since the birds differ in their large parameters. Nests should be spacious so that the chickens can easily climb and unfold.
- feeders extended rectangular shape. On top of the feeders, you can tighten the net, the diameter of the holes of which should be so large that the chicken quietly stuck her head and got to the food and at the same time could not get into the feeder with her legs and scatter grain.
- For access of chickens to water at poultry farms uses special drinkers .In private farms it may be a small capacity dug into the ground a little.
Characteristics: egg production when
Loman Brown starts to be born - these are small agricultural birds. An adult rooster weighs about 3 kg, and a chicken weighs up to 2 kg. Loman Brown begin to sweep as early as 5.5 months. For a year, you can get 315-320 eggs from one chicken, the weight of 1 egg is 63-64 g.
124 g of feed is consumed to produce one egg. The shell is dense, brown in color. Sexual maturity occurs in 135 days, and the entire growth period is 161 days. The maximum number of eggs is observed at the age of 160-180 days. Chick output from 80 to 98%.
We offer to watch a video about this breed. In this video you can find out how old chickens, tips on content and more are rushing.
Varieties and differences of chicken and rooster
There are many different types of this cross. These differences are caused by the use of 4 species of hens in selective breeding. Roosters are radically different from chickens in color.
As a result of the selection, 2 primary colors of rooster plumage were detected: golden brown, small blotches of black and white plumage are permissible. Chickens are characterized by a reddish-brown plumage.
Such differences make it possible already at the age of one to divide chicks by sex, since cocks are white and brown.
. Dilution and feeding.
A properly balanced diet is an essential requirement for high egg production.
A balanced diet of adults and chicks for all nutrients, vitamins and mineral supplements ensures normal poultry development and high productivity.
Since chickens are egg type, there should be a sufficient amount of mineral supplements and protein in the feed. The diet should include chalk, bone meal and gravel, the presence of these components contributes to good egg production, high durability of the shell and keeps the body of the bird in a healthy state.
In chickens contained in the cells, physical activity is limited, and as a result of overfeeding, this can lead to the deposition of fatty tissues.
It is recommended to feed the chicken 3 times a day.
The first feeding occurs in the morning, but not immediately after the chickens wake up. The second time feed distributed in the afternoon, and the third - in the evening. Feeders should be clean, free of contamination and fungal diseases. The bird requires constant access to water.
It is not recommended to feed with whole grain, the best feeds are specially made for compound laying hens.
Wheat germ should be given as a small dietary supplement. Such measures are required due to special digestion for fast digestion of feed.
As natural vitamin supplements, hens are fed root crops of forage beetroot, carrots, turnips, it is allowed to give cabbage and pumpkin. Of the cereals in the diet include wheat, corn, a little barley and millet.
In summer, the cross-broken brown needs green food. If there is access to grass walking, then the problem with green fodder is solved by itself. When the cellular content is necessary to provide grass smoking.
How much and how to feed chickens: daily ration and supplements
In the first 2 weeks of life, chicks should be kept separately “in quarantine”.The basis of the diet in this period is a special starter feed. Then some grain is introduced into the feed, and the starter feed is gradually replaced with the usual one.
Cornmeal, root crops and green fodder are integral components. For normal and full development of the rations of chicks should be balanced in all micro and macroelements, as well as vitamins.
Up to 2 weeks of age, selenium should be added to drinking water.
Incubation of eggs
Cross-broken Brown is not divorced in a natural way. Good offspring can only be obtained through artificial incubation. It is recommended to buy young animals or eggs from the poultry farm for incubation activities.
With the observance of all the rules, you can get a viable, strong offspring, which will later become a highly productive bird.
Description of Diseases
Cross-broken Brown is distinguished by its resilience and high adaptive abilities, but despite this the bird is still subject to a number of diseases.
- is one of the most common diseases. is a coccidiosis that is spread by wild birds and rodents. With the smoking of coccidiosis in chickens, the birds become lethargic, lose their appetite, walk with their wings down to the ground and are constantly looking for sunny places. Treatment is preferably carried out under the supervision of a veterinarian. To combat the disease, antibiotics are attributed in conjunction with the drugs Kokkidivit, Avatek and Sakoks.
- Ascoridosis is another poultry disease caused by infection with nematodes. Ascoridosis is most susceptible to young and chickens. Symptoms: growth retardation, poor appetite and lethargy. Sick adults almost cease to be carried. Piperazine is used to treat ascorrhidosis. Adults for 1 liter of water give 0.5 g of piperazine, and young animals 0.2 g.
- Tuberculosis is one of the most dangerous diseases transmitted from bird to man and back. The source of infection is the droppings of infected birds. Tuberculosis is difficult to detect at an early stage. Symptoms: The mucous membrane of the mouth of the chickens is covered with nodules, the skin is damaged and the joints swell up. When TB is detected, the bird is killed and the corpses are burned. Meat is strictly forbidden to eat.
Advantages of the breed
- Earliness. Puberty comes in 135 days.
- The high yield of litter is up to 98%.
- First egg in 5.5 months.
- Maximum egg-laying in 160-180 days.
- Good acclimatization and unpretentious
- The content in any conditions: cells or outdoor with walking and without.
- Minimum feed costs.
- High level of profitability.
- Short-term intensity of egg-laying. After 80 weeks, the number of eggs begins to decline and the content of chickens becomes unprofitable, so the bird has to cut and update the livestock.
- Lohman Braun does not naturally reproduce , chicks can only be obtained by laying eggs bought in special poultry houses in the incubator.
Chickens Brown are one of the best egg-type crosses. It is unpretentious in keeping and feeding, rarely get sick and is characterized by high egg-laying rates.
Breeding hawk Brown does not require much effort and effort. A warm house with light, a balanced diet and compliance with the simplest rules for keeping and breeding will create a healthy and highly productive herd.
Loman Brown - these are beautiful laying hens. Rush practical all year round. Brown eggs, large. Begin to be born early. CalmThe food is completely picky, is quite special feed and utility feed, which is at home.
Carcasses, as for egg chickens, are quite large. After 2 years of laying hens, it is advisable to cut as the number of eggs decreases. In general, a beautiful breed.
This cross received a lot of forest reviews not only from professional poultry farmers, but also from ordinary farmers. According to their descriptions, the bird is well adapted for keeping at home.
You can buy ready-made youngsters or eggs for laying in the incubator. The hatchability is high, the chicks are strong and viable.
With proper feeding and proper care for the year, you can get 320 eggs from 1 chicken. Eat not very much. Content requires minimal financial and physical costs.
Video review of layers of this breed
Interesting video from the owner of hen brown hawk. The author talks about the pros and cons, egg production and much more. .. We recommend to look.