The Atlant is lit on the scoreboard of the washing machine with the Sel error code, which stands for a breakdown of the interface module.
On the Atlas electromechanical machines without a screen, in the event of an error, no indicator lights up. The user notices that the program selector switch does not work.
- 1 What Sel Error means: Causes of problems
- 2 DIY repair
What Sel Error means: Causes of problems
When the Atlas washing machine shows the Sel error code, you should make sure that the control panel is working. If the indicators are off, the reason may be the wear of the buttons, the selector, or a malfunction of the electronic controller.
. Why fails occur:
- Prolonged use, normal wear and tear.
- Forcing and sticking controls on the panel.
- Keys clogged with powder, filled with detergent.
The control selector may turn poorly or not work at all. Sel error is issued. What to do in this case?
Be sure to follow safety precautions! If the buttons stick when pressed, the indicators turn on, then turn off, immediately unplug the Atlas washing machine from the network.
This behavior may cause a fire, so it is best to call the wizard.
Let's figure out how to fix the problem yourself and solve the problem.
If Atlas washing machine gives an Sel error, try restarting the system. What does it mean?
Disconnect Atlant CMA from the network for 15-20 minutes. If there is a system failure, then after a reboot, the error will be reset. If you could not remove Sel error from the screen, read on what to do.
To know how to remedy the situation, you need to find the cause of the breakdown. To do this, check:
- Wiring, contacts and connectors that pass from the electronic module to the panel and buttons. To do this, remove the top cover, carefully inspect the wiring loop, tighten the connections. If there are damaged items they need to be replaced.
- Management Board. The failure of the buttons and the selector may be a defective element on the board, so the module is subject to thorough diagnostics.
When you have verified that the cause of the malfunction and the delivery of the Sel CM Atlas error in the control panel or selector, replace the broken element:
- Disconnect the Atlas machine from the network.
- Remove the detergent dispenser by pressing the lock in the middle.
- . Unscrew the screws and remove the top panel.
- Remove the bolts that are located behind the dosing tray.
- Remove the front panel, take a picture of the connectors that are attached to it.
- Disconnect the wires.
- Unplug the latches and remove the control module from the panel.
- Remove the program selector knob by pressing on its base.
- Install the new selector in the reverse order.
At the same time, you can check and replace jammed buttons. The video will help you:
. After all the details have been checked, but the Sel malfunction code is still on the screen, proceed to inspect the control board. Visually, you can notice the burned tracks that need to be cleared.
Each element is called a multimeter for resistance. In case of malfunction, the components of the board can be soldered.
Problems with the control unit in the Atlas washing machine can be fixed by yourself if you are good at electronics. Otherwise, you need to contact the service center. If the replacement or repair of the module is justified, this approach will be cheaper than buying a new typewriter.
Now you know how to find a solution to the problem, if Sel appears on the display.