Repair raspberry - one of the favorite berries of gardeners. Its advantages include ease of care, the ability to quickly form root shoots and the ability to harvest all season. In this article we will talk about the description of the Bryansk Miracle raspberry variety, consider the advantages and disadvantages, as well as features of planting and care.
- Description remontant raspberry "Bryansk miracle»
- characteristic shrubs and berries
- Advantages Disadvantages
- planting time
- root cuttings
- How to improve the productivity of the bushes?
- Features varieties of raspberries "Bryansk miracle»
- Diseases and pests
- White leaf spot
- Purple leaf spot
- Gray mold
- raspberry beetles
- gall midges
- Stem flies
- bud moth
Description remontant raspberry "Bryanskmiracle ”
In 2001, the variety“ Bryansk miracle ”was bred by the breeders of Yevdokimov S.N. and Kazakov I.V. after pollination of an inter-specific form 47-18-4.
Since this is a repair raspberry, the fruits appear unevenly and ripen. Its fruits begin to ripen by the end of August, the berries are harvested until November. Up to 4 kg can be collected from a bush. Fruits are collected every 1-2 days in the morning, when the dew dries or in the evening, if there is no rain.
Berries are stored at 0 ° C in a refrigerator for about 5 days. The variety is excellent for growing in medium-sized regions of Russia.
Characteristic of bushes and berries
The height of the bush is 1.5-1.8 m, it is semi-sprawling and rather compact. The bush has 5-7 powerful branches and some thorns. The leaves are dark emerald in color with teeth on the edges.
Conic scarlet berries grow on a bush, they are up to 4 cm long. Their average weight is 5-6 g, but fruits weighing 11 g come across. Their taste is sweet, with a slight sourness. The fruits have: sugars 5.6%, organic acids - 2.2%, carotene - up to 0.3%, ascorbic acid - 44.6 mg%. The difference of this variety from others is that 2 fruit branches grow from each shoot node.
- Variety fruits for quite a long time and berries can be harvested in the first year after planting.
- High Yield.
- Berries are large.
- The variety has an average drought resistance and heat resistance.
- Raspberry medium-resistant, withstands temperatures down to -20 ° C.
- Berries are difficult to transport because they can only be transported for 48 hours.
- There are thorns on the bush, so they pick berries in protective clothing.
Requirements for lighting and soil
Groundwater flow should not be higher than 1.5 m. Raspberries should not be planted after solanaceous and strawberries , since these plants have similar diseases.
Timing of planting
It is best to plant bushes in October or in early spring before swelling of the kidneys.
- When planting in the fall, the ground is prepared in 30 days by .If you plan to plant bushes in the spring, then the soil can be prepared a fortnight before. Make grooves that have a depth and width of 0.5 m, while planting between seedlings, leave an indent of 1.7 m, and between the ditches, keep a distance of 1.5-2 m.
- Add parted manure or ready-made compost with layer 0 to the bottom of the groove2 m, and another 30 g of superphosphate per bush.
- It is preferable to buy seedlings that are 1 year old , having developed rhizomes 15 cm in length. The branches should be about 1 cm thick.
- Cut the seedlings so that the branches are 0.3 m long.
- by land. Pour the soil so that the root neck is 3-5 cm above the ground level.
- Then pour the bushes according to the norm: a bucket of water( 10 l) per 1 m of groove.
- Pruning. After planting, in the first year, raspberries grow stalks on which berries ripen. These shoots in the fall in October or November are removed. They are cut at a level of 3 cm from the surface. In April, pruned dry or frozen shoots.
- Watering. To understand whether you need to water the raspberries, dig a small clod of earth near the bush and squeeze it with your hands. If someone does not crumble, then the humidity is 70% and the raspberry does not require watering, but if it disintegrates, then the raspberries need to be watered. Dig 2 grooves with a depth of 10 cm, retreating 0.7 m from the row, pour water into them. On 1 m of a groove 4 buckets of water are required.
- Feeding and loosening. In the spring, take 2 kg of manure to a bucket of water. Feed the solution of mullein, pouring it into the grooves, which are 50 cm from the raspberry. On one bush use 5 liters of divorced mullein. At the end of June, they feed the same solution. Also in the spring, a complex mineral fertilizer is added - 100 g of nitroammophoshka per 1 m2. Before spring, the soil is loosened and the soil is loosened, so that oxygen reaches the roots. Further loosening is repeated if weeds have grown or a stuck earth crust has appeared. Weeds are pulled out of the season and loosened 4-6 times.
- Garter to the trellis. Drive wooden stakes into the ground along the edges of the trench and tie a wire between them in several rows in 40–50 cm. Then tie up the raspberries.
- Preparing for the winter. Since the variety is medium-resistant, it needs to be covered for the winter. To do this, chaff the ground around the bushes with a straw or fallen leaves in a layer of 30 cm.
In the second year after the planting of the bushes of the Bryansk miracle, shoots begin to grow next to them. When the shoots are 15–20 cm high, they can be transplanted to a permanent place. This is done in the evening if it is cloudy.
At first, grooves are digged, observing a 1.5 m indent. Spilled manure is poured into them. Then dig up shoots with roots. The processes are placed in the grooves and sprinkled the roots with earth. After watered and mulch.
This is done in September. A branch is cut from a raspberry, it is cut into pieces of 7-10 cm. Next, the cuttings are placed for 6 hours in the Kornevin biostimulator solution. In the greenhouse make a substrate of sand and peat land. Then the cuttings are buried in the ground at an angle of 45 °.Cuttings, when they grow roots, transplanted to a permanent place.
You may also be interested in the following articles about raspberries:
- Characteristics and features of Tarus raspberry.
- Proper care for the Yellow Giant raspberry variety.
- Useful properties of raspberry and its leaves.
In the autumn, after gathering the berries, a root 1 cm thick is cut off the uterine bush. Next, the root is cut into cuttings of 15 cm each. In the winter they are put in boxes with dry sand and carried to the cellar. In the spring, they are placed for 6 hours in the Kornevina solution, and then placed horizontally in the grooves and sprinkled with earth.
- Squeeze juice from fruits.
- The pulp is ground, it is poured into water of room temperature and mixed.
- Next, select the seeds that float on top.
- Seeds are washed, dried, poured into a container and slightly sprinkled with earth.
- Substrate for planting is done by mixing garden soil with a small portion of sand and peat.
- When there are 2 true leaves on sprouts, they dive, planting seedlings in separate pots. Then put in a warm place. When the plants grow to 15-20 cm, then they are transplanted to a permanent place.
How to increase the yield of bushes?
Use the double pruning method, to increase yield. In late May, when the shoot grows to 1–1.2 m, cut it to 5–10 cm, this will suspend its growth in length and cause the awakening of the kidneys that are in the axils of the upper leaflets. By the fall, there will be 4-6 lateral growths on the shoot, having a length of 0.4-0.9 m.
Next year in the spring, shorten the tops of the lateral stems by 10-15 cm.
Features of the Bryansk Miracle raspberry variety
- Since raspberry has long shoots from the side, it is planted at a distance of 1.7 m and tied to a trellis.
- If your berries are round rather than conical, then this is a re-grading.
- Raspberry of this variety does not tolerate the lack of watering. In hot weather, the berry does not bake, but becomes smaller. Therefore, when the heat is used drip irrigation.
- It is best to plant a variety of raspberry "Bryansk miracle" in the fall.
- It is advised to tear off the twigs with buds that are near the surface of the soil.
Diseases and pests
White leaf spot
When it appears on a raspberry, rounded light brown spots appear, then they become light with a brown border. For treatment, after collecting the fruit, the bushes are sprayed, dissolving 40 g of colloidal sulfur in a bucket of water. The rate of irrigation solution - 0.2 l per 1 m2.
Purple Leaf Spot
Purple spots are formed on the branches and leaves, which then turn brown. Sick bush does not give berries. To cure raspberries, it is necessary to spray bushes with 1% Bordeaux liquid before the growing season begins or after picking berries.
Grayish bloom on the leaves, grayish hairs on the fruits, berries smell unpleasantly. In early spring, the bushes and the ground beneath them are treated, dissolving 40 g of the drug Hom in a bucket of water, 1 bucket is enough for a hundred.
Oranges are visible on the leaves, and there are spores within them. Diseased branches wither. When rust appears in spring, the plant is sprayed, spreading 200 g of Nitrafen in a bucket of water. After harvest, the solution is treated with a dilution of 2 tablets of Oxyhoma in a bucket of water.
When it leaves the leaves curled inside, raspberries cease to give berries.
When it leaves cream or light-green spots on the leaves, the berries stop tying.
At first, a large number of thin small shoots grow on the roots, then the fruits of the raspberries stop growing.
Curly, mosaic and growth cannot be cured, you can only dig up the sick bushes and burn them.
Weevils lay eggs in buds, whitish larvae emerge from them.
To eliminate the pest before planting flower buds, spray the plant, making a solution of 1 Spark tablet into a bucket of water. After harvesting, you can sprinkle raspberry 0.2% Carbofos.
Beetles eat leaves and stems. In order to fight the raspberry beetles, it is necessary to spray the bushes with Confidor solution before flowering, adding 1 ml of solution to a bucket of water.
With gall midge damage, orange larvae live under the bark of the stems and feed on the plant. To fight gallfly, the bushes and the ground around them are sprayed by Aktellik.
Flies lay their eggs in the shoots, then the branches dry out.
She eats buds.
For the elimination of stem flies and bud moths before the flowering of raspberries, it is treated with a 0.3% solution of Karbofos.
For prevention, burn leaves in the fall, dig up the ground by 15 cm in the fall and spring. Don't forget to pluck weeds 5-6 times in a season and break the ground.
If you plant the Bryansk miracle raspberry in your plot, you will be able to feast on delicious berries until frost. In addition, the variety is very high-yielding, since up to 4 kg of fruits are harvested from the bush.