- 1 Found a spot of resin - your first action
2 That removes gum from clothes
- 2.1 Method 1. liquid cleaners
- 2.2 Method 2. Household chemicals
- 2.3 Method 3. High temperatures
- 3 A bit of caution on the fabric ...
- 4 Output
Many housewives think that tar stains to remove unrealistic or very difficult to wear, and a broken thing immediately falls into the category of "home." So, if you sat down while walking on a sticky bench or your child loves to cuddle with pine trees, do not worry! I'll tell you how to remove gum from clothes quickly, easily and without damaging the fabric. In this article you will find the "secret" techniques and valuable advice.
Found a spot of resin - your first action
Do not rush immediately to wash off sticky contamination with water, alcohol, acetone and other liquids known to you! Do what is written below without disturbing the order of items and observing the recommendations:
- Mechanical cleaning. You can use any sharp object (knife, blade, etc.). Try to scrape the upper part of the resin. But be careful not to rub it even deeper into the tissue structure.
- Freeze. Put the stained item for 2-3 hours in the freezer. Under the influence of low temperature tar residues solidify and it will be easier otkovyryat own hands. To be most effective after freezing crush the product to split the whole spot on the particles.
Do all of this very carefully, so as not to damage the fabric. And if stained thing sewn from delicate thin material, the mechanical cleaning and freezing undesirable.
So, half the battle has already been done! Continuing operations. Now residual stain from the resin to remove. To do this, we have a whole arsenal of means and methods. Choose appropriate for your situation.
That removes gum from clothes
These "helpers" probably have in your home. In any case, they are inexpensive. But before you scrub gum from clothes using them, do one more thing:
- Sprinkle stain circuit starch or talcum powder - it will not give a sticky substance to spread down the tissue.
- Remove the item inside out. It is safer to work from the wrong side. Less likely to damage the fabric structure.
- When fading use cotton buds or pipet to apply the agent locally at a moderate volume.
- Withdrawal is made of resin stains on their edges to the middle.
Method 1. liquid cleaners
Names funds may appear dangerous to the fabric, but if done correctly, the clothes will be clean and beautiful!
- Medical or formic alcohol. The first removes perfectly with any clothing from pine resin. If the contamination is small, drip on it from a pipette or treat dipped in alcohol cotton swab.
If the pollution is big enough, it is better to arm themselves with a clean cloth. Just do not scrub hard spot! After applying alcohol wait 20-30 minutes to a chemical reaction has occurred, and resin residues left of fiber material. Then wash the thing.
As for ant alcohol, he showed himself to be cleaned resin with car (car body and the glass). But how this liquid behaves on a specific tissue - impossible to predict.
Therefore, I advise you first try it on clothes you do not mind, and only then on a resin-stained. Ant alcohol need to rinse with clean water almost immediately after application!
- Refined petrol or turpentine as effectively remove pine resin. True, after they left a pungent smell. But to wash the product with powder and air conditioning, and get rid of it. In the case of gasoline, do not take the one that is filled into the tank of your car! Need a special purified, it can be bought at a hardware store.
- Any solvent - turpentine, acetone or nail polish remover (more sparing agent). Enough to get wet spot cotton swab several times, soaked in one of these substances.
Starch + ammonia + turpentine - maybe you need to use this recipe. Mix 1 teaspoon of starch with 4 drops of ammonia and the same amount of turpentine.
Moisten resin contamination of the mixture and leave to dry. Next try to remove the resin using a toothbrush with a stiff bristle brush. If necessary, repeat the procedure.
- Olive or vegetable oil helps remove gum from clothing made from leather. After using the oil liquid, be sure to spot treated with an alcohol, and the thing itself is wiped clean with a dry cloth.
The same method can be applied to clothes of thin material. Apply the oil for 20 minutes and wash the product thoroughly with soap or detergent.
- Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite. Loved by many beverages have excellent properties leading out spot! Enough to soak the stained clothes resin in any of them for a couple of hours. Soon you will see the effect.
Method 2. Household chemicals
Dishwashing detergent removes resin with good woolen clothes, furs, carpets, as well as with the hair:
- first treat the place with oil pollution and leave for 10 minutes;
- apply hereinafter vatkoj detergent, it has an excellent degreasing properties, however ototret and the resin, and traces of oil;
- after a clean spot, be sure to wash the product.
In some, not particularly complex cases will wash out the stain and resin conventional household cleaning products - factory bleach or stain remover. They can:
- applied as a slurry;
- wet dirt with a concentrated solution;
- soak thing in water with the addition of these agents.
But in most cases, this method is relevant only for white things.
Method 3. High temperatures
If you fear that corrosive fluids can damage the structure, pattern or color stained things, try this method. It is particularly good for delicate fabrics (chiffon, silk etc.). Here are the steps:
- Place a paper towel or cloth under the dirt, with the clothes inside out and from top right to blot the resin.
- Proutyuzhte thoroughly contaminated area or warm hairdryer. Gradually sticky substance will begin to melt and be absorbed into the paper towels.
- Periodically change the napkins to the complete disappearance of the spot.
- Be sure to wash the product!
I like this method more than others. I would like to read your comments and personal experiences of its application in practice.
A bit of caution on the fabric ...
Before to wash the resin with any tissue, it is desirable to find out the features of its texture and quality. Because the above method is not suitable for any kind of material. There are limitations, for example:
- alkali and bleaches are suitable only for white linen;
- alcohols and acids can destroy certain types of paints (bright drawings, jeans etc.);
- vinegar and acetone destroy acetate silk - instead of purified from the resin portion, the hole will.
So take your time, do not rush right away "in the fight." Find out how to behave in a certain material in contact with the cleaning agent.
As it turned out, the spots of resin - not much of a problem. We just need to choose the right means of those that you have learned in my article. What most attracted you? Rubbing alcohol, turpentine, iron or another?
Maybe you have had experience in cleaning one of them? Then share your secrets in the comments! For clarity, watch the video in this article.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!