Often, for the cultivation of garlic technology is used, providing planting for the winter. But the harvest does not always meet expectations, due to non-compliance with the schedule of bait. Although culture is considered unpretentious, it requires some attention, especially in matters of fertilizer at the beginning of the season, in anticipation of a period of enhanced growth. You need to know how to feed the vegetable in the spring, planted before winter.
In addition to chemistry, winter garlic can be fertilized with folk remedies - yeast, chicken droppings, and so on. Spring and winter garlic need different feedings in the open field. Also, for shoots in May and April, care must be taken properly.
Refreshment CoverageDo you need additional dressing for garlic planted under the winter
Garlic after waking up needs a good stimulator , which makes it possible for young shoots to get stronger and resist neEd diseases and pests. The vegetative period on the nutrient soil, enriched with trace elements useful for the plant, flows faster, which ensures a good harvest.
In the devastated area to collect high-quality root crops will not work if you do not water the dressings and fertilize properly. This means that at best it will be possible to dig out small heads with fine teeth from the ground. In addition to underdeveloped sizes, the fruits have a poor quality of taste.
Spring bait is characterized by increased plant growth, so it is appropriate to use nitrogen fertilizer .Also for the vegetative process, phosphorus and potash feeds are necessary. The introduction of organic or mineral substances strengthens the immunity of garlic to various diseases, in particular fungal.
Diseases and pests affect, above all, weak shoots, so you should not ignore the schedule of processing beds.
With all the usefulness of fertilizers, you should not abuse them .An excess of nutrients provokes the growth of foliage, and the heads are small in size with low taste.
What can be fed in the spring
In addition to the planned introduction of fertilizers in the cultivation of garlic, apply top dressing. The fact that it is necessary, prompts the very plants .
Young shoots may turn yellow or become lethargic. It is necessary to carefully examine the symptoms, because the signs of a lack of trace elements are sometimes similar to nematode and other diseases.
In spring, gardeners feed on garlic three times .The first procedure is carried out immediately after the snow. At this time, the plant is deficient in minerals necessary for the growing season. Enter the second feed should be no earlier than 2 weeks.
The exact timing and composition of the nutrient mixture are determined depending on the degree of plant formation and characteristic features.
- Beds with dried plants are fertilized with ammonium nitrate .
- When bleaching feathers, potash baits are used. Before irrigation, you can sprinkle the soil with wood ash.
- Greens may turn yellow due to acidification of the soil. In such cases, before planting, the ground is enriched with dolomite flour or crushed limestone.
- Slow green growth indicates nutritional deficiencies. Solutions are used as top-dressing: on the basis of urea( 1 tbsp. Per bucket of water), mullein( 1 cup per 10 l of water) or bird droppings( 1 tbsp. Per bucket of water).
diseases. When to fertilize for a good harvest
Important points when growing winter varieties of garlic are fertilizing the soil before planting .Spring work on the beds depends on the quality of the preparatory work.
- As soon as the snow melts, you can plan the first bait. This period occurs in each region at different times, so you need to focus on the well-established positive daily temperature.
- The second stage of soil enrichment with useful substances is performed two weeks after the first sub-feed. During ripening, the root crop pulls all nutrients out of the ground, so you should not shift the schedule of fertilizer introduction.
- The third bait( mid-end of June) falls on the period of the formation of the head, which is important for obtaining a good harvest.
- Additional bait are introduced only if there are signs of a deficiency of trace elements on the plant.
Than to feed
in open ground Before planting garlic( for a week or two) in the fall, the soil is pre-enriched with a nutrient mixture, which consists of organic matter or mineral fertilizers.
Organic fertilizers and folk remedies
The plant most favorably responds to organic top dressing, which is caused by a large amount of humus in the soil and rich in composition. Often, on unexploded soils, one, but full-fledged fertilizer in the fall is enough to provide the crop during the growing season with all the necessary trace elements.
manure is considered one of the popular dressings. It is scattered on the beds and carefully dug up. Some gardeners increase fertility with fresh manure, but experts advise against this method. They are also wary of using large amounts of bird droppings; this can simply burn the shoots.
With the onset of spring, efforts should be made to stimulate the growth of culture. For this purpose, a solution is prepared from 7 parts of water and 1 part of mullein. The resulting composition is watered the beds, trying not to affect the penetrated greens.
It will be appropriate to apply compost to enrich the soil .Any, but garlic responds well to food waste fertilizer.
can be used to enrich the soil. Among other complementary foods that have been tested over time:
- wood ash( sprinkled between the beds or watered with a solution based on water 10 liters and 200 grams of ash);
- salt( pour a solution prepared from water of 10 liters and 3 tablespoons of salt);
- ammonia( spray plants with a composition based on 25 ml of ammonia and a bucket of water).
Mineral based supplements are used by the alone and in combination with organic .
It is not always possible to replenish the balance of nutrients with one organic substance. Moreover, there is another factor affecting the yield - the climatic features of the region.
Consumption rates of depend on the degree of fertility of the soil , so in each case you need to calculate individually.
The following mineral dressings are most popular:
- urea( 1 tbsp per 10 l of water);
- nitroammophoska( 60 g. Per 10 liters of water);
- superphosphate( 50-60 grams per bucket of water);
- urea( 1 tbsp. L. per bucket of water);
- nitrophoska( 2 tbsp. L. per bucket of water).
Some components of the can be combined to form a more efficient .For example, nitrogen introduced into the soil together with phosphorus( proportions 1: 1.5), promotes the development of greenery, the accumulation of nutrients in the head.
After watering or rain, it is appropriate to sprinkle the beds with a dry mixture, which includes: nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium( proportions 8:15:35).
When determining the amount and composition of fertilizers, important factors should be taken into account:
- soil fertility, acidity;
- climate( precipitation, probability of spring frosts);
- illuminated area;
- which crops were grown to garlic( the advantage should be given to such predecessors as zucchini, cereals, squash);
- features varieties of culture( aging, the preferred conditions for the growing season).