Caramelized apples - a recipe for high European cuisine , which is used not only by professional chefs, but also ordinary housewives.
There are a lot of variations of this dessert. The most common options we consider next with the obligatory step by step instructions.
- What to choose: a whole apple or slices
- Necessary ingredients
- methods and recipes
- How caramelized fruit in multivarka
- How to caramelize apple slices
- caramelization whole fruit
- Baked apple in
- caramel Caramelized dried fruit
What to choose: a whole apple or slices
You can caramelize everything : both a whole apple and slices of fruit. It all depends solely on the recipe, to follow which you decide.
If necessary, make caramelization of slices, an apple must be prepared. To do this, gently cut off the peel of the fruit, cut out the middle, and it is cut into even equal pieces.
If you are cooking a whole apple , it is recommended to choose a fruit of medium or small size. Do not use grated or chopped in a blender.
If you wish you can caramelize the slices .Moreover, it is better in this case to select varieties with a slight sourness. Although you can use everything that you have in stock.
The required ingredients
The apples, butter and sugar are the required ingredients for caramelization. Plus, you can use different spices, for example, cinnamon and vanilla.
If you need to fill them with caramel sauce, you need more ingredients. If you just need to fry the pieces, then for less.
To say that the described proportions must be strictly observed , it is impossible. Everything is considered approximately. And if this is a pound of apples, then you can just prepare a few medium-sized fruits.
Let it be 400 g. You should not take everything literally.
Methods and recipes
There are many ways how to caramelize apples. It all depends on your taste preferences and capabilities. In principle, all recipes are not much different, and the ingredients are the same.
The most common options for making this dessert will be discussed in more detail below.
It is recommended to make caramelization in a thick-bottomed vessel , for example, in a cast-iron skillet.
Since it is in this case you can achieve the effect of languor in high fire. And that means more caramel sauce.
Apple slices in caramel, a simple recipe:
How to caramelize a fruit in a slow cooker
To greatly simplify the caramelization process, you can use modern kitchen technologies - the cartoon.
And you can consider caramelization not only of the pieces, but also of the whole fruit. We will consider the preparation of caramel lobules.
- apples - 0.5 kg;
- butter - 50 g;
- sugar - 50 g.
Step-by-step instruction for caramelization of apples in a slow cooker:
- On the surface of the bottom of the bowl of the multicooker, butter is laid out. It is necessary to melt in the "baking".
- Then you need to add sugar and wait for it to melt until a homogeneous mass.
- Apple slices are poured into the caramel, which is prepared before softening and golden brown.
Such apple pieces can be served not only as an ingredient of a cake or cake, but also as a complete dessert. After all, to taste, this is an unsurpassed delicacy, which at home is easier to cook than simple.
How to caramelize apple slices
This process does not take you much , but there will be lots of impressions. Since this dessert is not only delicious, but also healthy.
- apples sliced - 0.5 kg;
- sugar - 2 tbsp.spoons;
- apple juice - 125 ml;
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp;
- nutmeg - half a teaspoon;
- butter - how much is required for frying.
Step-by-step instructions on how to caramelize apples with slices:
- Put the pan on medium heat and put a small amount of butter.
- Gently lay out the slices of apples after the pan has warmed up well.
- Stir the pieces only with a wooden spoon until the butter stops boiling.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and pre-grated nutmeg to the pan and mix gently. This should be done until the slices become a little softer and a brownish tint appears. Approximately it will happen in about ten minutes.
- Then put all the slices into a separate vessel so that as little butter and sugar as possible get into it.
- Add more apple juice to the pan and make the fire stronger. Three minutes after actively stirring the mixture, you will get an aromatic sauce.
If you wish, you can substitute apple juice with a few tablespoons of apple brandy. This will add spice to the dessert. And adults will love it.
cognac. Caramelization of whole
fruit You can caramelize apples not only with slices, since whole fruit will be an excellent dessert of .
- apples - 0.5 kg;
- butter - 100 g;
- sugar - 200 g.
Step by step instructions for caramelizing a whole apple:
- Place a deep saucepan on a stove on a small fire.
- Melt 200 g sugar until caramel is produced.
- Put the apples in a saucepan so that the sauce covers them completely. Cooking fruit costs for half an hour.
- After that, the apples are laid out beautifully on a plate and served on the table. And the tail of the fruit is not necessary to tear. Even in some restaurants it is left for dessert aesthetics.
can be sprinkled with cinnamon or powdered sugar just before serving. All at your discretion.
Caramel Apples Recipe:
Baked Apple in
Caramel With this recipe you can get baked apples in caramel.
- apples - 5 pcs;
- apple juice - 200 ml;
- butter - 50 g;
- sugar - 250 g;
- water - 180 ml;
- milk - 125 ml;
- vanilla - half a teaspoon.
The following publications will certainly interest you:
- Overview of tools for quick cleaning and slicing apples.
- Unripe apples: what can be done with them?
- 5 ways to freeze apples at home.
Step-by-step instructions for cooking caramelized baked apples:
- First you need to prepare a special caramel sauce:
- mix water and sugar in a separate bowl and pour everything into the pan;
- The mixture obtained over medium heat is recommended to be boiled for 15 minutes. No need to interfere. After this time, the pan should be set aside;
- and only then you can add butter, and mix everything thoroughly until a homogeneous mass;
- again put the mixture on the fire, but only now on very slow, and add milk. And it is worth waiting for the time until the consistency of the sauce becomes thick;
- at the end of the sauce just add vanilla.
Caramelized dried fruit
You can caramelize apples in any form, and even dried ones. And how to do this, we'll talk further.
- dried apples - 0.5 kg;
- butter - 0.05 kg;
- sugar - 5 tbsp.spoons;
- cinnamon - half a teaspoon.
Step-by-step instructions for caramelization of dried apples:
- First you need to heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Before putting apples on the baking tray it is recommended to prepare them. This is the case if they are dry. Such a product for ten minutes soaked in water. Whereas a properly dried fruit does not need additional processing.
- The baking tray is greased with butter.
- Sugar and cinnamon are mixed in a separate container. This mixture is recommended to sprinkle apples.
- Then he rubs butter on a coarse grater with which all is sprinkled on top.
- After half an hour the dish is ready, which will become visible after the appearance of a golden brown crust on slices.
You will get amazing apple slices, like lollipops. Such crispy and fragrant.
The recipe for caramelization with slices is also suitable for dried fruit. Therefore, the choice is solely yours, which of the options is closer to your taste.
Several simple manipulations and you have a real work of art on your table - delicious caramelized apples .
And for this you do not have to suffer for a long time in the kitchen or buy expensive ingredients. All you need is , just use the recipes mentioned above and make an delicacy!