Now it’s hard to find gardeners who have never tried to grow sweet pepper paprika paprika paprika papa papaAre you one of them? Then we will help you!
There is a widespread opinion among amateur gardeners that it is impossible to grow high-quality sweet peppers in our climatic conditions. The reason for this, perhaps, is the acquaintance with old varieties, dry and bitter.
However, the work of breeders does not stand still! Now the attention of gardeners presented a large selection of seeds of sweet pepper for open ground. With proper care, they will turn into juicy bright fruits, no worse than the "southerners."Large and small, cubical and round, long and short. .. And what colors! From pale pink to deep burgundy or even violet.
In addition, most types of pepper for open ground have a neat shrub of a small size, which greatly facilitates the care of the bed.
Modern varieties are cold-resistant, almost not susceptible to disease. Most often, the pepper does not require the construction of bulky and complex shelters.
In order to make it easier for you to choose the type of sweet pepper for open ground, we organized a brief tour of the varieties most suitable for the novice gardener.
Pepper photos provided by breeding and seed company Manul
- The height of the bush is about fifty centimeters, sometimes up to seventy.
- Ripe fruits have a bright red color.
- Cone-shaped, usually not embossed.
- Vegetable weighs from one hundred to one hundred eighty grams.
- Yield is average, up to sixteen - eighteen fruits from one bush.
- This variety is distinguished by excellent resistance to diseases such as tobacco mosaic and verticillus.
- The height of the bush is usually about sixty centimeters, sometimes it can reach a meter.
- At the stage of technical ripening, fruits are colored dark green, ripe vegetables have a red-orange color.
- Conical shape, the tip of the fruit is pointed.
- The ripe fruit weighs from two hundred to two hundred and fifty grams.
- You can harvest up to eighteen vegetables per season( from one bush).
- It is noteworthy that the fruits of this variety are suitable for use at any stage of maturation.
- The height of a bush varies from sixty to eighty centimeters above the soil level.
- Ripe fruits can have both yellow and light orange color.
- Vegetables cone-shaped, narrow, slightly elongated.
- The weight of ripe fruit is from one hundred fifty to two hundred grams.
- Under favorable climatic conditions, one bush can produce up to fifteen to eighteen juicy fruits per season.
- The plant easily adapts to almost any growing conditions.
- Bush height usually exceeds the meter.
- Ripe fruits are colored in shades of dark brown to deep purple.
- Vegetable shape - conical, embossed.
- Mass ranges from two hundred to two hundred and fifty grams.
- The number of fruits from one bush depends on the conditions of detention. Usually at least fifteen large juicy vegetables grow during a season.
- Characterized by continuous fruiting throughout the season.
- The bush can be as little as fifty centimeters in height, and it can even reach a meter. Depends on the degree of light.
- Ripe fruits are usually colored thick red.
- Shape: conical.
- Mass also varies depending on the lighting - from one hundred fifty to two hundred grams.
- The number of fruits from one bush: from ten to twenty.
- Characterized by continuous fruiting throughout the season, loves highly lit places.
Variety "Buratino F1"
- This variety is one of the shortest growing - it rarely reaches fifty centimeters;
- Ripe fruits are painted in shades of gradient from scarlet to burgundy, and spotted vegetables can often be found.
- Shape: conical, highly elongated.
- The mass of ripe vegetables is between eighty and one hundred and twenty grams.
- Unfortunately, the yield of this variety is small, up to fifteen fruits.
- "Buratino F1" is recognized as the best kind of sweet pepper for preservation.
- The height of the bush is small, from fifty to sixty centimeters;
- The color of ripe fruit is usually dark green( suitable for preservation), bright red( ready to use in its pure form).
- Shape: conical, with a pointed tip.
- Mass is between one hundred and thirty to one hundred and eighty grams.
- Up to thirty medium-sized fruits can be picked from a bush per season.
- is considered one of the most high-yielding varieties.
- Considered to be one of the highest varieties of sweet pepper for open ground - the height of a bush can reach one and a half meters and is rarely less than one hundred centimeters.
- Ripe fruits have a bright red color.
- Shape: conical, strongly elongated, with a round tip.
- One of the most meaty varieties - its weight is usually approximately equal to three hundred grams.
- Up to fourteen fruits can be collected from a single plant per season.
- Shrub is usually no more than a meter, but not less than eighty centimeters in height.
- Ripe fruits are often orange, sometimes with red or green spots.
- Vegetable has a cubic, different pretty ribbing.
- The mass of ripe fruit is relatively small( from one hundred fifty to two hundred grams), but the variety has excellent taste.
- Number of fruits from one bush: up to fourteen per season.
- This variety is resistant to diseases such as verticillus and tobacco mosaic.
- The height of the bush reaches eighty centimeters, but rarely exceeds a meter.
- At the stage of technical ripening, the fruits are colored dark green, ripe vegetables have a red-orange color.
- Shape: conical, with a round tip.
- The mass of fruits varies depending on the quality of watering. With abundant moisture, vegetables can weigh up to two hundred and fifty grams.
- Number of fruits from one bush: up to sixteen.
- This variety is edible at different stages of ripening.
- The height of the bush is relatively small - rarely more than seventy centimeters.
- Ripe vegetables are colored burgundy( occasionally purple).
- Fruits are cone-shaped, wide at the base, with a thin sharp tip.
- The mass is small, usually does not exceed one hundred seventy - one hundred eighty grams.
- Number of fruits from one bush: up to fifteen.
- The variety is characterized by a long flowering and fruiting period.
- The height of the bush, depending on the illumination of the site, is from fifty to ninety centimeters above the soil level.
- Ripe vegetables are yellowish to red and bright orange.
- Fruits are cone-shaped, with a rounded tip.
- The mass is relatively small, rarely exceeding one hundred fifty grams.
- For a season on one bush about twenty five fruits are formed.
- The plant brings a great harvest, but the fruits are often small, albeit sweet.
- The height of the bush often exceeds a meter.
- Ripe fruits are most often bright red, occasionally burgundy.
- Vegetables have a heart-shaped prism shape, the fruit is directed upwards.
- Mass can be from one hundred and sixty to two hundred and fifty grams.
- For a season, one plant produces about fifteen fruits.
- "Zaznayka" is considered, perhaps, the most juicy and fleshy variety of sweet pepper for open ground.