Your electronic model of the Bosch washing machine shows the error code F26?The machine does not perform the main functions: there is no intake or discharge of water? In this case, the error F 26 means breakage of the pressure switch - pressure sensor( level) of water. What you need to do and how to fix the situation, read below.
the content of the siteBosh points out problems with the pressure switch.
This sensor is used to measure the amount of water in the tank. It is located in the upper part of the machine, because it works from the effects of air pressure. The more the tank is filled, the higher the pressure becomes.
The level sensor signals the control module that it’s time to fill up the water or the tank is already full. Depending on the number of programs on your Bosch washer, a pressure switch regulates the amount of water for each mode.
What does the F26 error mean: signs of malfunction of the pressure switch
Before troubleshooting and changing the sensor, pay attention to the signs of its breakage:
- CM Bosch pours too much or not enough water for washing.
- Water is not completely drained.
- Rinse or Spin mode does not work.
- The heating element begins to work, because the car seems to be full.
- F26 is on.
Be careful! If the damage is not fixed in time, it can lead to the burning of the heating element and the danger of fire.
To reset the F26 error, disable the Bosch CM from the network for 10-20 minutes. Look at the display, is the malfunction code lit again? If you failed to clear the error F26, and it was again highlighted, repair will be able to solve the problem.
Checking and replacing the sensor
To get close to the pressure switch, do this:
- Disconnect the communications and voltage.
- Remove the SMA top cover.
- Unscrew the screws holding the pressure switch.
- Remove the hose clamp and disconnect the hose.
- Before disconnecting the connectors, take a picture of their location so that you can install them correctly.
- Disconnect the wires.
- Inspect and flush the pressure switch hose.
You removed the device, now check it out. Place a short pipe and blow into it, creating pressure. A working pressure switch clicks one to three times.
Additional testing can be performed with a multimeter. Set it to the resistance measurement mode and attach the probes to the contacts. Pick up the phone, if the tester has registered contact closure, then the device is working. Install a new sensor in the reverse order.
Video will help you in your work:
Connectors and wiring
What could mean a breakdown in the wiring? The fact that the electronic module does not receive a signal from the pressure switch and vice versa. Consequently, the wash will not start.
Examine and tighten the connections between the control unit and the pressure switch. If you find defective wires, replace them.
The module fails less often, but the probability of a breakdown is still present. Due to sudden voltage surges or moisture ingress, board elements burn out and burn out. It can be repaired by soldering new elements, cleaning the tracks.
How to replace the control unit:
- Unplug the CM Bosch from the network and remove the top cover.
- Remove the connectors that lead to the unit.
- Unclip the covers of the module cover and unclip it.
- Disconnect the remaining connectors.
- On the back of the unit, loosen the screw.
- Slide and pull out the module.
- A new device is installed in the same way.
Details on how to remove the control unit are shown in the video:
Now you can assemble a Bosch washing machine, run the program and check its operation. If the system no longer displays the error code F 26 on the display, it means that you have resolved the problem in the Bosch machine.