Sea Buckthorn is able to produce a bountiful harvest of very healthy berries every year. But in order to achieve maximum success, need to know the rules of planting plants .
Each fruit crop has its own distinctive features that must be considered .
Table of Contents
- Proper planting of sea buckthorn in autumn and spring: determine the terms
- Basic rules for the autumn and spring planting of a bush in the country
- Choosing and preparing the soil and seedling for growing
- Choosing a place where to plant this tree
- you can take the action and start a campaign in a campaign, and you can raise a plant in a plant
- Selecting a place where to plant this tree
- , you can take the action, you can open a campaign, and you can start a campaign in a campaign, and you can open a plant
- in order to plant in the tree
- , you can take the action, and you can open the plant in the plant, you can open the plant
- in the garden
- The choice of the place where to plant this tree
- , you can take the board, you can put the board, and you can take the board to raise the plant in the plant
- Tips for caring for new plantings
- How to prune: tips and tricks for pruning
- How to transplant: simple rules for shrub transplantation
- Tips for caring for new plantings
Proper planting of sea buckthorn in the fall and spring: determine the terms
Best of all Sea buckthorn should be planted at a dacha in the spring: determine the terms
The best way to plant sea buckthorn in the spring and spring, with the time
there will be time to get stronger before the onset of cold weather.
But for seedlings with a closed root system, an autumn planting may be acceptable. Her terms vary from late September to early October. An important condition is a comfortable temperature of +4 degrees.
They plant sea buckthorn after leaf fall, so that the seedling can spend all its energy not on natural processes, but on taking root in a new place.
If the planting dates for the bush have been missed, then the seedlings need to be buried in the ground so that they can overwinter for later cultivation. To do this, at the highest point of the site dig a groove with a height of 50-60 centimeters, and put seedlings there.
Crohn should lie in a southerly direction, this situation will help avoid sunburn. Then the hole is sent to the ground and watered thoroughly.
As soon as the cold comes, the plant is completely buried with , leaving only the tips of the branches on the surface. To protect against rodents from above, such a structure is covered with spruce branches.
After the snow has appeared, it is carefully tamped around the seedling to create additional protection. When dropping several seedlings at once, should not allow the plexus roots .
The advantages and disadvantages of spring and autumn sea buckthorn planting:
|Spring|| || |
|Autumn|| || |
The basic rules of autumn and spring planting a bush at the cottage
Many novice gardeners believe that there is no difference between spring and autumn planting and sea-buckthorn transplantation. But it is worth remembering that these two procedures have significant differences, which consist in the following features and rules of seasonal planting.
For spring work, adhere to the following recommendations:
- Plants are planted before the onset of hot weather, so do not hope for a predetermined framework. The gardener should carefully monitor the air temperature in the region and select the most favorable period.
- Organic fertilizers, such as manure, are used for planting.
- Immediately after planting, young plants need careful care, which is timely watering and protection from the scorching sun.
- To accelerate the growth of sea buckthorn, as well as the emergence of young shoots, you can use various growth promoters.
must adhere to. During the autumn works, follows these rules:
- Particular attention should be paid to checking the condition of the seedling root system. Sick plants most likely will not be able to take root in a new place.
- If the planting dates were missed and cold began, then the buckthorn is dropped in before spring.
- During this period, manure cannot be used as a fertilizer, as it can damage the roots of a plant.
- In order for a tree to survive the winter, it must be carefully covered with the use of various improvised means, such as spruce branches, paper, film, blankets, snow, etc.
- To protect against the wind, sea buckthorn is tied to a peg that will serve as a support and protection.
Selection and preparation of soil and seedlings for growing
. When purchasing a sea buckthorn seedling, you need to pay attention to its root system and the crown .They should be free from mechanical damage and signs of disease.
To obtain varietal planting, is best to choose a seedling obtained after inoculation. Sea-buckthorn, grown from seeds or obtained with the help of the root shoots, most often does not inherit the characteristics of the parent plants.
In order to get a buckthorn crop, it is worth remembering that needs an additional pollinator in the form of a male variety of the same crop. The most popular of them are considered to be Alei and Gnome.
There are several signs of that can be used to determine the sex of a plant:
- in a male plant with large buds with 5-7 scales;
- in a female plant, elongated buds, with 2-3 scales.
How to distinguish male and female sea buckthorn trees:
You may be interested in our publications:
- Useful properties and contraindications of sea buckthorn berries and leaves.
- How to store and process sea buckthorn at home.
Before planting, the seedlings must be prepared :
- in the autumn period, all foliage is removed;
- before planting the roots of the seedling dipped in a clay mash;
- if the root system is dry, it should be moistened by placing in a container of water for about 2-3 hours.
Choosing where to plant this tree
Each crop has its own habitat preferences. Important factors may include soil composition, climatic conditions, etc.:
- The sea buckthorn’s natural habitat is sandy or pebble soils on the shore of the reservoir;
- prefers neutral or alkaline soils;
- this crop has good drought tolerance, but timely soil moistening will contribute to obtaining a good harvest;
- unacceptably high groundwater storage;
- sea buckthorn is very fond of sunlight, the shadow can adversely affect the health and fruiting of the plant;
- strong winds also have a detrimental effect, therefore, gardeners often choose the south side of the site;
- this culture does not transfer the neighborhood with other plants because of its sprawling root system, which is only 30-40 centimeters deep, but can reach several meters in diameter. Therefore, for the sea buckthorn usually allocate the edge of the site, the area along the fence or buildings.
. How to plant
in open ground. Regardless of the planting time, must prepare a hole for the seedling in advance of the .For the spring period, preparation is carried out in the autumn, and for the autumn about a month before the start of work.
In this case, the soil will have time to infuse, it will become more nutritious and fertile.
The depth and width of the pit should be 40-50 centimeters .When it is digging the top( fertile) and the lower layer of soil folded separately.
Then, fertile earth mixed with:
- 1 a humus bucket is poured into the resulting well;
- 1 river sand bucket;
- 200 grams of superphosphate;
- 800 grams of wood ash.
Experienced gardeners recommend buying seedlings with an earthball, in this case, the risk of damage will be minimized:
- carefully plant the seedling in the hole, then sprinkle it with earth;
- root neck should be 5-7 centimeters above ground level;
- at the final stage, the soil around the plant is abundantly watered and mulched with peat or sawdust.
How to care? Tips for the care of new plantings
In the first 2-3 years after planting, sea buckthorn does not require the introduction of additional fertilizers , at this stage it will be enough of those nutrients that were made during planting.
One of the most important factors is soil moisture, so the gardener must make sure that the soil does not dry out , and that it does not stagnate moisture.
Sapling more than ever need help in the fight against insects and rodents .The use of chemicals can affect the quality of the fruit, so it is preferable to use various biological additives or mechanical means in the form of special traps.
In the first years of life, it is necessary to help the plant to form the correct form of the crown ; to do this, remove the branches that grow in the wrong direction, also cut off diseased or dry shoots. This procedure is carried out in the spring, before the formation of buds, or in the fall, after leaf fall.
Features and care for sea buckthorn:
How to prune: tips and tricks for pruning
The most thorough pruning of sea buckthorn requires in the 4-5th year of life. At this time there is an active growth of a plant, therefore it is very important to form its crown correctly.
For this, in early spring, before the first buds are removed, shoots that grow parallel to the trunk are removed, it is also necessary to cut the fruiting branches, because an excessive amount of berries on the tree can negatively affect its development and growth.
Another type of trimming is called sanitary. It is usually carried out by in the fall, after the leaf fall .During this procedure, the following work is performed:
- removes all dry and diseased branches, and also cleans the plant from dry foliage or dried, uncollected fruits;
- all cutting areas are obligatory processed by garden pitch;
- , when a fungus is detected, it is cut off and the affected area is treated with antiseptics.
How to properly trim and form sea buckthorn in the garden:
How to transplant:
simple rules for shrub transplanting The rules for sea buckthorn transplant are not much different from the initial planting of plants. The most preferred is the spring period to transplant the plant, but autumn can also be suitable for this procedure.
In spring, a tree can quickly get used to the new environment and recover from the work done, but in the fall( especially in the Urals and Siberia), there is a risk of sea buckthorn frosting due to lack of time for engraftment.
Despite the fact that sea buckthorn is one of the most useful berries, many gardeners grow such a tree or shrub for decorative purposes .
From this we can conclude that sea buckthorn not only brings fruits that are rich in chemical composition, but also decorates any part.