What to do if the microwave tray does not rotate
If the microwave oven did not have a rotating platform, then the food could warm up only on one side. That's why the situation in which a plate or tray does not turn turns into a real problem.
- 1The Importance of Rotation
- 2Causes of breakdown and their elimination
- 3Repair work
The Importance of Rotation
In the first models of microwave ovens there was no rotating tray. To warm up the food from all sides, it was necessary to turn on the oven twice, after the first turn-off, open it and rotate the contents of the tray with your hands.
Now the heating process is fully automated. In the microwave there is a large flat plate on the wheels. Food on it rides in a circle, and the microwave beams evenly warm it up.
The breakdown of the rotation system forces usspend more time next to the oven, manually turning the dish on the platform that has stopped rotating and calculating the heating time on its own.
Causes of breakdown and their elimination
Let us consider the main reasons for the absence of rotation.
- Too large a plate or a piece of food can stall the movement in the microwave. Sometimes food is placed diagonally and touches the side wall during rotation. In this case, cut a piece of meat in half, change the capacity to a smaller one, or take other similar measures.
- Incorrect pallet setting. If the plate is not correctly attached to the bushing, it will not be able to rotate normally. It also happens that the bushing itself is not installed correctly. Simply correct the details and it will work.
- Check the wheels. Sometimes food remains stuck in them, preventing rotation. If you want, you can change the old plastic roller to a new one. If the wheels are all right, then the reason lies in the motor or drive.
A thorough repair is done in the service center, but often a breakdown happens when the warranty period has expired. In this case, you have to pay for the repair. Or try to make it yourself.
It happens that the gear reducer is broken. In this case, either the gears are replaced or the engine is completely changed. Some experts are able to repair the gear, fusing instead of broken teeth wire.
The next common breakdown, in which the pallet does not rotate, is slippage of the coupling. The coupling installed on the motor shaft is changed to a new one or strengthened stronger to avoid slipping..
If the winding in the engine is burnt out (broken), then it is changed to a new one. Only a specialist can replace a replacement. To change the engine is completely under the power even to the beginning electrician..
Do not forget to switch off the microwave from the mains when testing the engine yourself. The engine is under the body. Use a screwdriver to unscrew the screws, remove the cover and inspect the motor. If it is poured with grease, then clean it, dry it, then try to start the device. On burned-out winding will indicate the burning smell of varnish, which you will surely catch.
If the winding does not burn out, the power circuit in the microwave oven may be cut off. You can detect a break by ringing the chain with a tester. Further, the breakage should be eliminated, and the burned-out part should be replaced, if possible. The device will be easier to assemble ifin the process of disassembly, take a photo.
To ensure that the microwave oven lasts longer without breakdowns, try not to overload the plate, clean and wash the inner walls, choose the proper modes of heating and cooking..