- №1. Whitewash
- №2. Paint
- No. 3. Polystyrene tiles
- №4. Drywall
- №5. Rack Ceiling
- №6. Stretch ceiling
- №7. Wallpaper
- №8. Plastic panels
- №9. Plaster
- In conclusion
The choice of finishing material for the ceiling in the kitchen should begin with the question of what should be the ceiling in this room? So, he surelyshould wash well, as in the kitchen drops of moisture and fat can fly in any direction, and the ceiling is no exception. is heshould not be afraid of moisture, finetolerate temperature differencesand, of course, bepretty outwardly, so as not to spoil the kitchen interior. All these requirements greatly narrow the search for the ideal material for finishing the ceiling in the kitchen. So what are the finishes? Consider all the options that are possible in the kitchen, with their pluses and minuses, so that everyone can make the only right decision for themselves.
It was this type of finishing that was one of the most popular in Soviet cuisines, and even today it is not used very often. The main advantage of this method of decoration -
But whitewashing is far from being the best option for the kitchen, as it does not resist all the influences typical for this room. You can face the fact that after a few months the surfacewill turn yellow, and it is necessary to carry out the entire procedure of finishing anew. In addition, whitewashIt is afraid of moisture and has a property to fall asleep. If you are ready for this development of events, then this budget option suits you.
Another simple and inexpensive option for finishing, which is also popular. Unlike whitewash, it ismore durable and practical coating, which withstands the effects of moisture, heat and can be washed.The main advantages of using paint for finishing the ceiling can be called:
- saving every centimeter of the height of the room, as the paint is applied in a thin layer and does not take away the place;
- low price, which is especially noticeable in comparison with other calcination materials;
- Moisture-proof paint is sufficienteasy to care for, and some dirt from its surface is easy to remove;
- ease of applicationand the relative ease of repair of the coating. When there are dirt on the surface that can not be removed, or yellow spots, before applying a new layer of paint, it is better to use alkyd enamel of white color, so that the stains do not appear on the new coating.
The only drawback to using paint as a finishing material for the ceiling in the kitchen is that itCan not hide surface irregularities. If the ceiling is far from perfect, it will have to be plastered beforehand, ground and primed, and only then proceed to painting. You can use and plasterboard slabs for leveling the surface, but in this way a few centimeters of height will be stolen, and if we are talking about a typical apartment in a high-rise building, then in the end it is possible to get a very low and uncomfortable space.
No. 3. Polystyrene tiles
Polystyrene tiles are also often used to finish the ceiling in the kitchen, although, according to experts, it is not considered an ideal coating for it. Despite this, the material boastsmany advantages:
- affordable price, it is this parameter that most of us pay priority attention to during the repair work;
- simple and quick installation, with which almost anyone can cope, after all it is enough just to glue ready light plates to the ceiling surface;
- slabscan be painted in any color, and then repainted, and properly selected paint gives the surface additional useful usability.
The choice of polystyrene plates today is quite extensive, so you can find a suitable terrain. At the same time, for the kitchen is better to choosetile, laminated with foil, thanks to which the coating gets better protection from moisture. Variants of coloring of such tiles are also many: from single-tone options to imitation of wood and marble texture.
Before you decide on a material that seems cheap and quite practical, it is worth remembering that the surface of the ceiling should not have any serious changes or defects, otherwise the polystyrene tile will be glued is impossible. Many designers note that the decorative properties of such tiles are not very high, but in this case you can always argue, because everyone has different tastes. Also polystyrene tiles are considered not the best material in terms of fire safety, so The cover can be combined with other options or be provided between the stove and the ceiling hood.
Today, drywall is used universally, and the scope of its use is growing every year. For ceilings in the kitchen, the material has been used for a long time and managed to prove itself well.This is one of the best options for finishing the ceiling in this room, because it has a lot of advantages:
- do not need to do preliminary labor-intensive workon leveling the surface. Gypsum cardboard saves even in cases where the surface of the ceiling is very uneven, has cracks and other flaws, because they all hide under a perfectly smooth and smooth surface of plasterboard;
- under gipscarton, you canarrange additional sound or heat insulation, build communication;
- drywall can be mounted so thatget multilevel and even curvilinear construction, which will add zest to the interior and help create a truly unique design of the kitchen, zoning it, making spot lighting;
- moisture resistant drywall, but it is necessary for the kitchen, it perfectly tolerates high humidity and direct moisture on it, and besides, it is not afraid of fire and has high levels of sound insulation;
- relativelyquick and easy installation;
- environmental friendliness;
- low material price.
But with all these advantages, gypsum board, as well as all suspended structures, haveA significant drawback is the reduction in the height of the room. If the kitchen is not high enough, it is worthwhile to think many times before deciding exactly on this type of finish. It is also worth noting that the plasterboard itself does not have high decorative qualities, but it is easy enough to paint it or plaster it. You can create a whole picture with paint, add the right lighting - and your kitchen will become stylish, bright and cozy room, in which it is pleasant not only to cook food and dine, but also just to gather all family.For painting it is better to choose an acrylic paint, which is much better in terms of performance, because it is very easy to wash. In gypsum cardboard, you can find and another drawback - the inability to hold up moisture, if suddenly the neighbors on top of you flooded.
№5. Rack Ceiling
Another kind of false ceiling, and therefore, some advantages and disadvantages of such a ceiling will be common with the previous option. Due to the fact that it is necessary to equip the frame, on which the construction is attached, the height of the kitchen The space under the ceiling can be used to mask wires and other communications.
Advantages of lath ceilings:
- water resistance- the main condition for kitchen facilities, because aluminum is completely immune to corrosion;
- resistance to high temperaturesand to temperature jumps;
- material is light enough, which simplifies the installation process, so with a certain skill and a little experience in carrying out repairs, you can even cope on their own;
- as simple as possible, since this material is not affected by fungus or mold. Periodically it will be necessary to clean the surface of the collected fat, dust and soot;
- variety of possible colors, which makes the lath ceiling not only practical, but also very aesthetic. In addition, you can organize a multi-level ceiling and use spot lighting;
- reasonably low price, especially if you take into account all the described advantages, which makes the lath ceilingone of the most successful and suitable options for the kitchen.
For the sake of justice, it is worth noting that the rack ceilings alsothere are disadvantages. So, between the individual elements of the system are formed seams, in which dirt can accumulate, but the problem is eliminated only by regular and constant cleaning. If some part of the ceiling is damaged, replacing it will require partial dismantling of the entire finish, but this will be easy, given the ease of the material.
№6. Stretch ceiling
Stretch ceilings - another good option for the kitchen. Today, stretch ceilings are not used so often due to their cost, but their numerous advantages also cover this drawback. So,to the strong sides of stretch ceilings is:
- durability and practicality;
- hygiene, since it is very easy to care for such a coating;
- beautiful appearance, because the stretch ceilings can have any color or pattern, be matte or glossy, with their help you can create multi-level structures, embed point lights, etc .;
- Tension ceilings are the only material thatis not afraid of the flood: if the neighbors on top of you are flooded, then do not worry, because all the furniture, equipment and decoration will remain the same, and the masters only gently salt the water that has accumulated over the stretch ceiling;
- materialnot afraid of sunlightand the effects of chemicals;
- quick installation, but do not do it yourself. During the installation of stretch ceilings, mud and debris are not formed;
- no need for surface preparation.
In addition to the price, this material has other disadvantages. So, it also steals several centimeters of height, but if the surface is glossy, it will visually expand and make the room higher.
Not so popular, but a good option for arranging the ceiling in the kitchen. Naturally, you need to choose for such a finishMoisture-proof and washable wallpaper, and the best option will beglass walls, which can also be colored. Advantages for wallpaper mass:
- low pricefinishing;
- easy installation;
- wallpaperDo not steal the height of the room;
- some types of wallpaper, but mainly glass,are not afraid of moisture, getting fat, and when staining them with a moisture-resistant paint, we get a surface that can be easily washed;
- glass wallsfireproof, durable, durableare able to additionally reinforce the ceiling;
- if thiswallpaper for painting, then in the future you can choose any color and change it depending on the change of the interior.
Nevertheless, the wallpaper can not be called the most durable option, but they have been served by faith and truth for many years. It is worth noting that it will be necessary to tinker with the leveling of the ceiling surface: some cracks glass cover can hide, but large cracks and holes - no.
№8. Plastic panels
Plastic panels today are considered one of the most suitable materials for finishing the ceiling in the kitchen.They can boast of such advantages as:
- easy installationand care;
- absolutemoisture resistance;
- opportunityto install point lightingin plastic panels, due to which to get a modern functional interior, or divide the room into zones;
- huge assortmentcolors;
- Like any suspended structure, plastic ceilings canhide communications and some ceiling defects.
Plastic ceilings a bitreduce the height of the kitchen, and if the original ceilings are very uneven, then the reduction will be significant. The option with white plastic, which is often the cheapest, gives the kitchen a little official look.
Plaster, despite the appearance of many new types of decoration materials, has not lost its popularity, because it is an excellent option for finishing a small kitchen.Advantages of plaster mass:
- relative cheapnessbecause most of the compositions are not that expensive. If you do all the work yourself, the cost of repair is still reduced;
- layer of plaster usually does not exceed 3 cm, socan not noticeably make a room below;
- opportunityapply the solution on any type of surface- you just need to correctly choose the composition and think over the sequence of work;
- environmental friendliness and safetyfor health, because the plaster does not emit any harmful substances or toxins;
- with the help of decorative plasterscreate a unique interiorin the kitchen, and if you use Venetian plaster, then the room will be transformed beyond recognition, will acquire a shade of luxury.
But there are some disadvantages. The process of applying plaster is quite laborious, so if you are not confident in your abilities, it is better to entrust all the work to the master. It is also worth noting that the plastered ceiling is not easy to clean.
On which option to finish the kitchen ceiling to stay, depends on each: someone appreciates the maximum practicality, someone is pushing away from the price, and someone on the first place puts decorative quality. The value of such an extensive selection of finishing materials is that everyone can choose the best option for themselves.