There are not so many plants in the world that can feel great both on the summer cottage and on the window sill. And at the same time, they not only serve as an excellent decoration of the room, but also delight with their taste. One of these plants is a hot pepper light, which can be planted in a pot.
Table of Contentsthe crossing of Chilean and Cayenne varieties. He is from Mexico, and his taste became known to Europeans thanks to Columbus.
Growing a plant on your windowsill is not at all difficult. Under favorable conditions, pepper can live for about 6 years .
Pepper throws out its flowering in spring, and at the end of summer it has fruits. However, one can often observe how it blossoms and bears fruit at the same time.
The fruits on it are perfectly formed and without cross-pollination, but if you take a soft brush and carry pollen, the crop will be much richer.
With proper care, you can achieve excellent yield, even
Advantages and disadvantages of the
variety Pepper light has a lot of advantages:
- can be grown both on a bed and at home on a windowsill;
- depending on the variety, it is different in shape and color; ;
- not only pleases the eye, but also gives great taste to your dishes;
- due to the content of the complex of vitamins, has a beneficial effect on the health of ;
- if he is provided with artificial lighting in the winter, he will bear fruit year-round.
The disadvantages of the variety include the fact that the light:
- does not tolerate direct sunlight, but its habitat should be bright;
- does not like of heat, cold and wind ;
- when grown in a greenhouse, it is also necessary to regulate heat and light.
Planting seeds at home
The most suitable soil for a plant will be that which consists of the following components:
- sod land;
- leaf ground;
These substances take in equal amounts and add to them a fourth of the sand .
So, we have decided on the soil, now it is necessary to choose the right seeds. To do this, we gather in the water tank and soak the seeds in it for a day. Those that emerge, throw away, and use the rest for landing.
To plant seeds you need in early spring .Sow them into a moist soil to a depth of no more than 1 cm. At the same time, the room must be maintained at a temperature of about 24 degrees Celsius. After 10 days, the pepper should germinate.
Emerging seedlings are placed in a bright place with a temperature regime around 20 degrees .When the plant throws out the first leaves, it is transplanted, and after 60 days the light is either planted in a separate pot, or on a bed.
Growing conditions on the window sill
If you follow the recommendations, you have no problems with growing.
It is imperative that follow the watering rules. There is no need to allow the soil to dry out. The fire is watered regularly, but weakly copiously, since an excess of moisture can lead to rotting of the roots.
As for fertilizers, they should be applied during transplantation. It must be organic matter. And during the growing season, phosphorus-potassium supplements are applied every 2 weeks.
The first crop after sowing seeds can already be collected in 2-3 months .
Transplantation and reproduction of
If the light grows on the window sill, then it should definitely be repotted every 2 or 3 years in a larger pot. In this case, be sure to pay attention to the development of its root system.
As for breeding, the light is best grown from seed. How to do it is mentioned above. However, good results can be achieved with the help of grafting. In order for the stem to blossom it will take only one and a half month, and when it is propagated by seeds, such results will not be achieved.
For reproduction using grafting, it is necessary to perform the following very simple steps:
- cut a twig and stick it into the soil;
- water the plant and cover with foil.
After 7 days rooting will occur.
Pepper Light has a number of unique features and a beneficial effect on the human body:
- It contains vitamins that improve the functioning of the brain, nervous and circulatory system.
- Interferes with the development of cancer cells.
- It should be eaten by people who have diabetes and have high cholesterol. This pepper is able to lower them.
- It is part of the useful medical tinctures.
Diseases and pests
Pepper Light - is a very hardy and resistant plant .It contains capsaicin, which is often used in the fight against all sorts of pests, because it is so easy not to overcome.
If the leaves of the plant turn pale or fall off completely, then you should not immediately panic and think that the pepper has fallen ill or has become a victim of some pests. may simply lack the daylight , and he decided to go to sleep. With an increase in the day the plant will return to normal, or it can be helped in this case by providing artificial lighting.
As for pests, the spider mite and aphid belong to the lovers of this kind of delicacy. To pick up these parasites the chances increase in those plants that first grew in the garden, and then moved to the window.
However, getting rid of spider mites or aphids will not be difficult at all. To do this, use the following advice:
- Take a few peppercorns and skip through a meat grinder.
- Fill the resulting mass with water at a ratio of 1:10.
- Insist 24 hours.
- Strain through gauze.
- Add rubbed soap in the ratio of 1 tsp.on 1 l.water.
- Spray the plant every 5 days with the resulting solution several times.
In order for the pepper not to become a victim of a spider mite, it will be enough for the to maintain the humidity of the air .Since the mite likes a dry climate, regular spraying will surely scare him away.
Pepper Light is a plant that will not leave indifferent any hostess, because who does not like to have a beautiful and healthy harvest on the window sill all year round.