Contents of the article:
Cultivator means a tool for soil cultivation, all diggers and rippers can be attributed to this concept. How to choose a cultivator depends on the front of work and the preference of the owners to engage in physical labor, to use equipment with an electric or gasoline engine. The more complex and functional the technique, the more expensive it is.
Technical characteristics of the proposed equipment
We will not talk about hand tools, they are known to all, are inexpensive, are available in the barn for each summer resident. Let us evaluate the models that facilitate physical labor. Suppose you have to take care of the garden and garden on a plot of 6-12 acres. Working hands are mostly female or elderly people. How to choose an inexpensive and reliable cultivator for weak hands.
If you buy a motor-cultivator, and you offer it complete with mounted implements, refuse. Not the fact that you need all the sheds, but their cost is included in the total price.
But you need to buy a lubricant recommended in the instructions and a belt, if it is included in the configuration.
In specialized stores and in the markets are presented:
- Light cultivators are characterized by low weight, small grab and loosening depth of no more than 20 cm. Mostly small, brisk helpers are indispensable for preparing the soil in the greenhouse, in beds and beds. Now it is fashionable to keep the garden on Mitlayder, with a width of beds of 45 cm and meter-long rows. The most convenient tool for this technology is an easy cultivator. The drive can be electric or use gasoline push-pull models.
- Small cultivators can already process 6-10 acres. They plow deeper, and capture them up to 40 cm in one pass. There are electric models, they are easier and cheaper than gasoline. Network appliances need an extension cord and a stable voltage, which is not always the case. At the slightest dampness it is impossible to work with an electric cultivator, it is dangerous. The weight of these models up to 15 kg.
- Medium models of cultivators are no longer within women's hands. Units can work on large gardens, effectively and deeply loosen the soil. Other tools can be used with them. Weigh products 15-48 kg, capacity 2.5-5.0 liters.with., in short, a serious technique for male hands.
Of the three options, the second is most suitable for processing 6 acres. Assistant is good and take away for storage is not difficult. But apart from spring tillage and weeding, there is nothing more to expect from him. If the area with complex terrain, then the best model will be easy. The selection of a cultivator for the price is small: the
- Sturm GK3610 series is electric, weighing 6.0 kg, the price is a little over 5 thousand rubles;
- "Countryman" series LE1300 electric, weighs 13.2 kg, costs about 9 thousand rubles.
A few more expensive, well-known and reliable models that are in demand - Champion, MTD, Texas, DDE, Huter, Elitech. They cost more than 12 thousand rubles.
Model Selection by Technical Specifications
All cultivators have one structure - power unit, transmission, operating mechanism, control knob.
The easiest mechanisms work on cultural soil, rather a toy in female hands. Models are considered disposable, non-repairable. Therefore, which cultivator to choose depends on the addition of all the pros and cons.
Petrol or electric drive cultivator to choose how to decide?
The network tool is always easier and cheaper than its gasoline brothers.
Powerful models do not exist. Raise the ground to a depth of 25 cm with a small grip such a device handy. Network machines work quietly and without exhaust, without disturbing others. For giving such a cultivator is good, but:
- cannot be operated in wet weather;
- need to constantly monitor the location of the cord;
- is necessary to use a special extension cord with a reliable connector.
How to choose a gasoline cultivator, stop at 2 or 4 stroke? The two-stroke engine runs on a mixture of gasoline and special oil. It is very noisy and consumes 30% more fuel than 4-stroke. But it is easier and much more powerful if the dimensions are the same. Motor-resource at a two-tactic is less, all the same it works more intensively. Repairing a two-stroke internal combustion engine makes no sense, it is cheaper to buy a new one.
Four-stroke engine - a classic. Installing such engines on all modern models, but they are more expensive. Motors have a large resource, almost do not heat up during operation, and the combustion of fuel in them is fuller, the emission is cleaner.
Cultivators with a four-stroke engine always have good power and weigh about 50 kg.
How to choose a cultivator to give on the transmission device? This concept includes the method of transferring the rotation of the motor shaft to the gearbox and the type of gearbox. The reducer is intended for reduction of turns removed from the engine. For example, the engine develops 3,600 rpm, the cutter is fed 20 times less.
With a horizontal arrangement of the motor shaft, use a chain gear. If the gearbox is detachable, it is easy to repair it yourself. Usually on low-power cultivators there is a worm gearbox. It is compact, mounted on a vertically located engine crankshaft. The gearbox undergoes friction during operation, the gap between the worm and the gear wheel increases rapidly, and a backlash appears. The reducer is installed on cultivators of low power.
There are also gear and gear-chain gearboxes, but they are not used in low-power technique.
Before using the cultivator, study the instructions, learn the basic requirements for the care of the tool and follow them. The most inexpensive model in caring hands will serve for a long time.
Coupling is designed to transfer torque to the working mechanism. Squeeze the clutch - start plowing. Couplings on low-powered models install an automatic centrifugal. On cultivators of average power apply a belt, with a tension roller.
An important parameter for convenient work on the cultivator is the presence of reverse or reverse. It allows not by force of muscles, to get the buried cultivator out of the ground in reverse. On small models there is always only one speed.
That's all you need to know at the beginning, when choosing an assistant. In the course of development of the cultivator use the instruction manual.