Planting at the correct distance provides the plant with comfortable conditions for obtaining a good harvest. Novice gardeners plant a vegetable crop under the line, experienced - by eye. Pepper is a capricious culture, you should follow some recommendations on its cultivation. In this review, we consider how to properly and at what distance to plant seedlings of this vegetable.
Table of Contents
- Terms for planting pepper in open ground
- If you need to take a challenge, you can take a chance to create a bitter and sweet pepper by two pieces per well
- Preparatory works for planting
- Peculiarities of
care. Terms for planting pepper in open ground.
Pepper seedlings are a capricious crop, so it is very important not to miss important points. By the time of disembarking the flower bed, seedlings should have 8–10 leaflets. Allowed with the formed buds, when the pepper blooms, it cannot be transplanted. This is due to the fact that during the flowering period it will be difficult for the plant to take root in a new place.
Flowers may fall off, and the seedlings will not be used. There are also temporary periods when you need to start planting, and when it's too late. Depending on the region, these dates may vary. For landing on open beds, the average temperature should be at the level of 15-18 ° C heat.
It is necessary to wait for the threat of spring frosts to pass, otherwise the plant will develop poorly due to the low soil temperature. The likelihood of developing diseasesSeedlings of the Bulgarian and bitter peppers are planted in late May. In order not to be afraid of night frosts, be sure to cover the film or diapers.
Is it possible to plant bitter and sweet peppers two pieces per well
Gardeners often ask how many peppers to plant per well? Planting 2-3 pieces is advantageous; many gardeners practice this technique. Having tried this method once, it usually stops there. The paired method gives good yields. The landing method paired in one hole has many advantages:
- from two bushes is more likely, that one will take root if the second is damaged by a bear;
- paired seedlings hold tight, does not require a garter in contact with each other, during growth;
- Thus, plants are better pollinated, people used to say “pepper likes to whisper”;
When growing seedlings in a pairwise way, you need to take into account the fact that a single root growth can produce small fruits. If two different varieties grow next to each other, mutually pollinating, hybrids can turn out. Both options have their advantages. Gardeners make decisions for personal reasons.
Preparatory work for planting
Any plant in the garden requires nutrient soil, it must contain a sufficient amount of humus. How to understand whether home soil in the garden is suitable and where to plant? Land from the garden need to take in hand. If it is loose and crumbly, then the plant will be comfortable. Preparatory work includes the following actions:
- It is necessary for to loosen the soil, to loosen, remove grass and debris.
- Mark the place of the future bed. Measure the required distance between the rows.
- Abundantly pour the trays with seedlings at night before planting, so it will be easier to separate from the containers.
What to put in the hole
To plant fed from the root, it is best to put a garden mixture inside each well. Prepare it from ash, sawdust and organic fertilizer( manure, bird droppings).Manure take autumn. It is necessary that he was lying down and froze through several times. If you take a fresh fertilizer, it can burn the seedlings. Inside the wells, it is enough to add one zhmenyu garden mixture.
Some people simply add ammonium nitrate to the roots. Experienced gardeners, to scare away a bear from the root, lay broken eggs. In addition to the protective function, the shell feeds the bushes with calcium. To the roots do not rot, if the soil is not loose, sypyat peat or humus.
Rules for planting seedlings in open ground
- It is better to plant in the late afternoon, when the sun sets. If this is done in the heat, the seedlings will quickly wither, its recovery will be difficult.
- Well, if it rains during this period, then the soil will be wet. Vegetable culture will be easier to adapt.
- If the seedlings are self-growing, before planting the trays must be taken out in advance on .Let her get used to the open atmosphere.
- Peppers should be well watered, then they will be easy to get from the pots.
- Remove the bushes from the pots should be carefully. Planting should be carried out together with the soil, in which it grew. This will help the plant to transfer stress more easily.
- If the seedlings are purchased, they should be stored in a cool place as . Roots should be wrapped in a wet cloth.
- If desired, roots can be treated with a growth enhancer. Stimulants will help to quickly take root and develop properly.
At what distance should the
be planted? The distance between rows should be 50-60 cm for stunted varieties, and about 70 cm for bulky pepper bushes. Between the bushes 25-30 cm. If you plant thickly, the plant will not receive the right amount of light. Difficult care bushes, it will be difficult to loosen the soil and fertilize.
Pepper conditions and peculiarities of care
From the moment of planting, careful care is needed, when the bushes root, it will be easier. If the bushes eats medvedka need to fight with it. In place of the missing bushes to plant new ones. Further maintenance consists of the following points:
- the soil should not dry out;
- ensure regular loosening;
- once every 2 weeks to do top-dressing ;
- watering in the morning or evening;
- plant likes sprinkling, but not in the heat;
- If their diseases are noticed, should be treated with ;
- tear the peppers from the bush gently, so as not to damage it;
- large bushes and with an abundant crop better tie up.
The basis of care and maintenance in the garden requires a certain skill that comes with age. Studying useful recommendations, it is possible even for a novice gardener to grow this crop from seed and collect a good harvest from a bed.
Without taking into account the importance of the distance between rows and plants, it is impossible to achieve rich yields. Do not plant too close. Bushes planted thickly will reach up. The rarely planted peppers, both sharp and sweet, are destructively affected by drought. In all, the planting distances existing among gardeners should be observed.