content of the article:
With all the variety of possible zakatok, eggplant and beans for the winter are perhaps the most famousand delicious canned salad. The secret of success is simple: these vegetables really perfectly combine to taste with each other, and many people like each ingredient individually - of course, with the right preparation.
In cookbooks or on thematic sites, you can find a huge number of a variety of recipes from eggplants and beans - each housewife skillfully complements or changes the usual recipe.
Today we will talk about the key nuances concerning the selection of vegetables for harvesting, their preliminary preparation, as well as the best options for eggplant salad and beans for the winter.
Selection of vegetables
Special attention should be paid to the choice of high-quality eggplants: a spoiled fruit can destroy even a perfectly cooked dish. When buying it is worth looking primarily at:
- Color. Eggplant with a pale appearance - overripe, the taste will be "cotton", so they should be avoided. The maximum dark color indicates that eggplant is young, and you can choose it safely.
- Own tactile sensations. If you run your hand over the peel, and there are no traces on the eggplant, and your fingers will be clean - everything is in order. In the event that the surface is sticky or after the fruit is easily compressed, the shape changes, you should abandon the purchase - with such vegetables, billet with beans cannot be prepared for the winter.
- Visible damage. The most difficult task: with a dark color, it is rather difficult to spot specks, but if you managed to notice it, put aside such fruit.
- Peduncle. The “tail” should look fresh — in this case, you can be sure that the eggplant is fresh.
Preference is given to those eggplants whose rind glistens and the size of the fruit itself will not be too large.
As for the beans, the situation is somewhat simpler: the red and white beans must be smooth, easy to get enough sleep and have no visible damage. If you are going to cook eggplants with eggplants, then it should be strong and taut.
Preparing eggplants and beans
Preserving eggplants with beans requires a small preparatory stage to improve the taste of the finished dish and simplify the cooking process.
Whatever type of bean you choose for preparing eggplants with beans for the winter - red, white or green - you should soak it.
Soaking beans not only accelerates its preparation, but also has a positive effect on the digestion of this product by the body.
Green string beans are usually enough to lie in the water for a couple of hours, but white and red need much more time - ideally, leave it overnight for 12 hours. Water should completely cover the beans, and it is better to pour it a couple of centimeters higher so that the swollen product "felt" free.
The only minus of eggplants is that they can sometimes taste bitter. To avoid such an unpleasant taste, it is only 15-20 minutes to soak the sliced fruit in water with salt.
Also questions can cause the skin: remove it from eggplant or not? If the peel is clean and shiny, and the fruit is fresh, then it is quite possible to leave it - by the way, it will not turn into a porridge. If the skin is in doubt, or you are accustomed to puree-like seaming, then arm with a knife and peel off the peel.
Eggplant for the winter: salad recipes with beans
As mentioned above, recipes for preparing eggplants with beans for the winter are a favorite topic of many housewives. But separately it is necessary to say about the differences between white and red beans in recipes.
White Bean Salads - as a rule, the more common variant of the blanks, and by default it is what they mean when they write the recipe. However, red beans with eggplants have a brighter and stronger taste. In fact, the combination of eggplant with this type of beans is a lobio recipe, and if you add nuts, then you get exactly it. White beans are much softer and more tender.
Eggplants with Beans and Vegetables
Supplement in the form of a variety of vegetables is often found in recipes. Best of all with eggplants and beans "talk" carrots, onions and garlic, as well as sweet Bulgarian pepper.
For six liter cans you will need:
- 2 kg of eggplants;
- 1 kg of carrots;
- 1 kg of onions;
- 0.7 kg of beans;
- 2 liters of tomato juice;
- a few cloves of garlic;
- vinegar 9% - 1st;
- salt - 3 tbsp.l;
- sunflower oil - zoo ml;
- sugar - 2 tbsp.l
If tomato juice is not on hand, then you can replace it with tomato paste mixed with water in a 1: 2 ratio.
- Beans must be cooked.
- Tomato juice is poured into a large saucepan and carrots and onions are immediately added. Onions cut into half rings, and carrots rub on a coarse grater.
- After 20-30 minutes, pre-soaked eggplants should be added.
- Add pepper, salt and sugar, mix and leave to simmer for about an hour;one hour after boiling, 50-70 g of vinegar, garlic and boiled beans are added to the mass, and left on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Ready-made eggplants with beans and vegetables for the winter are laid out in sterilized jars.
One serving of salad will need:
- two eggplants;
- 300 g green beans;
- one medium carrot;
- black pepper.
- Vegetables are cut: carrots are round, eggplants are diced, long beans are divided into small pieces.
- Vegetables are sent to a deep pan with salted water for an hour and a half.
- Black pepper, basil, dill and garlic are added ten to fifteen minutes until cooked.
- Ready vegetables are laid out in sterilized jars.
Please note: this recipe for eggplants with beans for the winter is easy to turn into a delicious mashed potatoes - you just need to break up the prepared vegetables in a blender, and also roll them into jars.