Cherry dumplings on a pair of ridesIts pleasant sour taste is very refreshing during the summer months. At non-observance of technology of preparation, the dumplings can fall apart, and the filling from them flow out. Knowledge of simple recipes and strict adherence to them will help to avoid this.
Secrets of cooking delicious dumplings
Culinary has developed more than 15 different recipes for cherry dumplings. All of them are united by the observance of simple rules that will help make the dish truly tasty:
- Before cooking, soak all foods at room temperature.
- Do not extinguish soda with vinegar. This worsens the quality of the test.
- Before modeling, the dough should stand for at least half an hour.
- If the recipe uses frozen cherries, then before cooking it must be defrosted and all the liquid formed is drained. It can later be used to prepare other dishes, such as compotes.
- There are two main ways to boil cherry dumplings: in water and steamed. The first involves the use of a large pot filled with enough water. Dumplings must float freely and do not stick together during cooking. Steam can be in a slow cooker, double boiler or mantovarka. If there is no such equipment, install a colander on a large pot of boiling water and place a semi-finished product on it.
- How much boil dumplings with cherries will depend on their size and cooking method. Cooking in water takes an average of 5 minutes, and a couple of 6 minutes.
- Serve dish should be served hot. You can lightly flavor with fresh sour cream, various sauces, butter.
Such tips will allow you to cook a tasty dish, without making much effort. If you are afraid that the dough will "spread out" during cooking, then cook the steamed cherry dumplings.
Technique The usual recipe for cherry dumplings is particularly popular. The dish is tender and literally "melts" in the mouth. Only four components are needed for its preparation:
- half a kilogram of flour;
- one egg;
- half a kilo of cherries.
Read also: A few interesting recipes for cooking lentil soup
The whole cooking process is divided into several key steps:
- Place a flour on a clean table and form a well in the center. In a separate small bowl, beat the egg with a little water. Pour the prepared mixture into the well on the flour. Gradually add flour to the egg, knead the dough. If required, add more water. The dough should turn out pretty tight.
After kneading, the dough should stand for about half an hour. Otherwise, it will be too hard.
- In order to prepare the filling, it is necessary to sort out the cherry. Free the berries from the seed, throw out all the rotten copies. Sprinkle the cherries with sugar. It is not necessary to crush it, because excess moisture will not allow the test to fully stick together.
- Cut off a portion of the dough, once again, remember it with your hands and start rolling. The result should be a very thin layer. With the help of a special mold or a regular glass, cut out identical circles from it. Do not do many such preparations at once, as they dry out quickly, it is better to roll out the dough in parts.
- Take three berries and place them on the center of the circle. Fold in a semicircle and carefully blind the edges with each other. It is better to close the edge with tweaks to make it look like a pigtail.
Immediately send the ready dumplings with cherries into boiling water and cook for about five minutes. If you prepare them for the future, then lay them on a board, powdered flour, and send them in the freezer. Make sure that they do not touch each other. Before cooking, these dumplings do not defrost, they are immediately thrown into boiling water.
Dumplings on kefir dough
Especially soft and airy dumplings with cherries on kefir. Their preparation does not take much time and does not require special skills. The following components will be needed:
- a full glass of kefir;
- two spoons of sugar;
- single egg;
- some salt;
- teaspoon of soda;
- 4 cups flour;
- half a kilo of cherry.
Will help to prepare such cherry dumplings recipe with photos step by step:
- Break the egg into a deep container and slightly beat it with a fork. Pour kefir into it. Mix flour, salt, sugar and soda separately. Gradually pour the flour mixture into the kefir with the egg and mix well. Knead the dough. So that it turns out to be lush, soda should not be extinguished.
Instead of kefir, you can also use sour milk. Before cooking it is diluted in whey.
- Cherry thoroughly washed, separated from the twigs and free from stones. Sprinkle sugar on the cooked berries.
- Roll up the dough with a small rope. Cut off small pieces of it and roll balls of the size of a plum out of them. Each of these balls need to roll in a circle.
- Put the filling on a thin dough cake. Gently pinch the edges. Make sure that they fit snugly together. Otherwise, the filler will simply flow out during cooking.
Read also: How to properly bake a delicious chicken in the oven
Dumplings with frozen cherries are no worse than fresh ones. Before cooking, the berries must be defrosted and the excess liquid drained. Serve this dish can be lightly powdered with powdered sugar.
Recipe for Scalded Dumplings on Water
The dough for cherry dumplings on water is best prepared using brewed methods. So it will turn out soft and pleasant to the taste. Prepare the following products for cooking:
- half a kilogram of flour;
- a glass of oxen;
- two spoons of vegetable oil;
- pinch of salt;
- half a kilo of cherries;
- half cup of sugar.
The recipe for cherry dumplings is as follows:
- Pour flour on a clean work surface. Boil the water and add a little salt. Form a small depression in the flour hill and pour vegetable oil into it. Gradually add water, knead the dough. Before modeling, it should lie on the table for about half an hour.
- Remove the bones from the cherry. Without waiting for her to start mock, proceed to the molding of dumplings.
- Roll out the dough into small thin cakes. Pour some sugar in the center of each of them, put three cherries on top. Connect the edges of the dough and pinch them. If you glue the dough loosely, then during the cooking process the filling will flow out.
Read also: Simple and incredibly tasty cottage cheese and cherry cake
You need to cook such dumplings in boiling water or steamed. After they are cooked, lay them on a plate and pour a small amount of liquid honey or condensed milk. This dish will especially appeal to children.
Chocolate Dumplings with Cherry
You can prepare the dough for cherry dumplings with cocoa. This dish will be a great dessert that will appeal to both adults and children. You can prepare it from the following products:
- 150 grams of cherry;
- 150 ml of water;
- 25 grams of cocoa powder;
- potato starch spoon;
- 2 spoons of sunflower oil;
- 230 grams of flour;
- pinch of salt;
- 50 grams of dark chocolate.
The method of preparing such a dish is extremely simple:
- Flour the cocoa flour through a sieve. This will help to enrich the dough with oxygen. Boil the water. Add in not salt and vegetable oil. Gradually pour the oil-in-water mixture into the flour and knead the dough. Allow the finished product to lie down for half an hour at room temperature. To dry the dough, close it with plastic wrap.
- Roll out the dough into a layer no thicker than 3 mm. With the help of a mold or a glass with a sharp edge, cut out circles from it. Using this technique, it is possible to obtain dumplings of the same size. Immediately all the dough should not be processed, as it dries quickly. It is better to roll it in small portions.
- To prepare the cherry filling, sort out and release from the seed. Sprinkle it with sugar and starch. Cut chocolate into thin slices. You can use for this vegetable peeler.
- Put a few cherries and a piece of chocolate in the center of each chocolate mug. Carefully mold the edges so that the dumpling does not fall apart during the cooking process.
Boil these dumplings should be steamed or in lightly salted boiling water. Cooking time about 4 minutes. Serve this dish is recommended with butter and powdered sugar.
Steamed cherry dumplings - video
Cherry dumplings will decorate any table. They can serve as a main dish or dessert. Even an inexperienced hostess can easily make such a dish.