What to do if the headphone jack does not work
Despite the fact that the variety of headphones for work and leisure, based on different physical principles of work, there are a great many, they all have the same troubles. For example, the connector does not work, the wires break, the case itself breaks ...
But most often on the audio device the inputs for the headset plug suffer, since they easily fail when the headphones are pulled out sharply.
- 1If there is a problem with your phone or player
2If there is a problem with your laptop or computer
- 2.1Video: why the front ports of the computer do not work
If there is a problem with your phone or player
The failure in the normal operation of the audio device on the phone or player connected to the headset jack is usually manifested in this way:
- loss of sound, if you do not hold the plug in the headphone connector with your hand;
- strange noise and / or crackles when playing an audio file;
- absence or partial loss of sound in one of the headphones (left or right);
To exclude the malfunction of the headphones themselves and make sure that the headset connector does not work, connect the headphones to another, working, sound source. With their normal operation, you can with full confidence say that the breakdown is not connected with the headphones.
In this case, there are 4 types of faults:
- mechanical damage to the connector;
- oxidation of contacts or short circuit in the electrical equipment of the audio device;
- damage to the board or other parts of the audio player. Precisely determine the cause of the malfunction can only be after disassembling the case;
- incorrect operation of the software of the gadget, which is treated by charging the battery (rarely), by a normal reboot (sometimes) or by repeated "firmware" (the positive result tends to 100%).
Some of the above faults can be fixed independently, but if it does not work out, you will have to return the mobile device for repair or replace the audio device.
If the connection to a sound source has shown that the headset does not work, there are 3 options:
- return the headset to the store or free warranty repair;
- repair for their money or self-correction of the defect with the necessary skills;
- buying new headphones.
If there is a problem with your laptop or computer
If the headphone connector does not work on a PC or laptop, be prepared to deal with the software of the device to solve the problem. So, why is there no sound when you insert the plug into the corresponding hole on the laptop or the chassis?
Perhaps the problem is that the motherboard simply "does not see" the connector to which you are trying to connect.In this situation, it helps to disassemble the PC or notebook computer system and then connect the necessary peripherals. It's easy to do by yourself. Well, if you really are a teapot, you'll have to call a specialist.
Video: why the front ports of the computer do not work
Silence in the headphones can also be due to the lack of system connection of the selected connector. To fix the problem, you need to go into the settings and allow the system to see the audio devices with a standard, -mm plug.
Perhaps there is a "bug which often happens with this kind of technology.Try changing the device to play by default.There is a possibility that the problem is related to the virus or the incorrect operation of the software.
The malfunction may be due to the lack or damage to the drivers of the sound system of your laptop or PC. It's no secret that any version of Windows (even the last) can "lose" the driver for no reason at all. When downloading new software, use the official website of the hardware manufacturer.
Everything is fixable, if you understand that there are no unsolvable problems. The main thing - do not give up, but look for a way to solve them..