Plum wine with a rich aroma and unusual taste like most drinkers. It is most popular in semi-sweet and semi-dry performance. This alcoholic drink is perfect for meat and sweets. However, its composition on the shelves of stores is not always from natural ingredients. Below are several options for how to make plum wine yourself at home.
Wine can be made absolutely from all sorts of plums. Whether it is yellow, blue or green plums, the end result is obtained with a specific taste and aroma. Yet preference is given to dark varieties, it is from them that wine is usually made. It is difficult to squeeze the juice from these fruits, so the preparation of wine requires several stages of straining before being fully prepared. Before starting work, plucked fruits should be roasted in the sun for several hours. Only too dirty fruits need to be washed, and relatively clean ones should not be touched.
Read also: how to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew?
A classic recipe for plum wine
Plum wine at home is prepared easily and without significant financial costs. It is enough to collect 1 kg of ripe fruit, buy sugar, combine everything, and the rest is a matter of time.
- Ridged plums to get rid of seeds and turn into a mushy composition using tolkushki. Pour in as much water as mashed potatoes( 1: 1).Covering with gauze or light cotton fabric, leave alone for 3 days.
- After a given amount of time, the plum puree should turn into two components: juice and pulp. The latter must be discarded, but the juice, straining, send in a separate container for fermentation.
- To obtain a dry wine in a bottle with plum liquid you need to add 200 grams( 1 cup) of sugar. Those who want to feel the taste of dessert wine, the amount of sugar should be increased and add 300 - 360 grams. After making the sugar, the container should be thoroughly shaken to dissolve completely.
- On the neck of the container it is necessary to wear a rubber medical glove with a small puncture on the finger of which. Put in a shaded place for 1.5 months. During this time, there should be a room temperature with no apparent differences - 20–25 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the fermented wine into another bottle and seal hermetically. After six months, the muddy composition must be filtered. To get a transparent wine without suspension, its aging must be at least 3 years.
Willingness is determined by the state of the glove on the neck. Upright position and the air inside speaks of incomplete fermentation. A deflated glove means the process is over.
A simple recipe for homemade plum wine can be sated a little by adding raisins. To do this, pour the raisins with warm water, add sugar and leave for 4 days.
In the future, wine doesn’t need raisin itself, but liquid from it. After the specified days, the mixture is filtered, receiving a certain liquid that interferes with the plum juice. Next, the cooking process takes place in the usual stages.
Recipe for Japanese Plum Wine
Japanese plum wine made from the fruits of Japanese plum( apricot).For the drink you need to collect 1 kg of unripe plum. The taste of wine will be tart and sweet. Fruit alcohol( shochu) in the amount of 1 liter and mountain sugar - half a pound will help to create alcohol according to the Japanese recipe.
- Wash the green fruit and gently remove the stone using a toothpick or similar device.
- Wash a large jar, treat with alcohol and place plums in it. Pour them with sugar and pour over the shochu.
- Capacity to close and move to a cool room, the temperature of which should be 16-20 degrees. Every two days, the tincture should be shaken for a month. Then shake once every two weeks for the remaining 5 months. Full cooking time half a year.
The extension of the wine making time makes it every day brighter in color and richer in taste.
Chinese Plum Wine Recipe
Chinese plum wine is prepared from the same fruit of Ume tree, but with a slightly different technology. The Chinese love to saturate it with other flavors to get the most distant result of a standard drink.
- Wash the plums, lightly dry.
- Remove bone with a toothpick.
- Fill with sugar and immerse everything in fruit alcohol.
- After a brief infusion, the following additives can be added to the plum wine to taste: honey, green tea leaves, and burnt leaves. Block ingredients for a year. During this time, periodically stir the future wine. After a year, strain the drink, add a portion to taste of plum juice and cork for another 5 years in bottles.
- Wine is ready!
Any plum wine, regardless of age, has some sediment at the bottom. This is a feature of the plum drink, because of which you should not be upset. The finished wine is no worse than the standard grape and perfectly complements meat dishes and a sweet table.