Content of the article:
The name of this plant speaks for itself, dense foliage and bright buds growing in difficult-to-reach places for difficult access,
, dense foliage and bright buds growing in difficult to reach places that are difficult to reach, in difficult-to-reach places, in hard-to-reach plants, dense foliage and bright buds that grow in difficult-to-reach places for difficult access,
and on the slopes. Proper planting and care for saber-sawing shoots in the open field make it possible to decorate any landscape design with it and to transform the garden composition.
Stonefoil - flowers on stones
Nature in its manifestation is unique and inimitable. One of the most amazing representatives of the plant world is the stone-sawing plant. Among the stones and crevices, truly delicate little flowers stretching towards the sun are truly unusual. Culture has about 200 species that are found in the most inaccessible areas and in the most unfavorable conditions. Their main difference lies in the height of the stems, the shape of the foliage and the tint range of peduncles. Gardeners loved the culture for its high viability and durability, unpretentious care, compact size and durability.
The Saxifrage and Arendsa are the two most popular representatives among garden varieties.
The cedarfox grows with rosettes tightly covering the stony ground, its flowers are small and light, it blooms quickly.
Arenda’s saberjack resembles a lush green carpet spreading between stones, the color of its buds varies from white to deep purple, the flowering period is the beginning of summer.
The photo of stone-cutlets in the open field demonstrates different varieties and types of this plant:
Among their distinguishing features are the type and shape of the stem, the size and quality of the leaves, the shades and type of flowers, the requirements for environmental conditions and care.
Growth and care technology
The unpretentiousness of saxifrage is obvious. The natural habitat has taught her to a dry climate and an excess of sunlight. Its root system is designed so that it is able to hold and feed the plant in the most extreme conditions - in the sun among the stones, without water in crevices and upright on the slopes. Planting and caring for a perennial stonework in the open field should be similar to the natural conditions of its life. The saxifrage is resistant to drought and heat, it is not afraid of low temperatures and freezing of the soil. Softer environments can destroy it.
The more complex the structure and the worse the quality of the soil, the better the stone-sawing blade will feel.
Open-planted Crumbling - Seed Planting and Care:
- Soil Selection. It will be absolutely not superfluous if the planting ground contains a part of peat and sand, there are impregnations of gravel and rubble. A prerequisite for good growth and development of saxifrage is a drainage system, which prevents stagnant fluids at the surface and roots.
- Compliance with the optimum temperature. To achieve a balance between light and shade for saxifrage can be by stepping down the plant, avoiding the very tops of the compositions.
- There is no excess moisture. The best place for the growth of saxifrage is among the stones and tilted. If this is not possible to achieve, then it is necessary to provide the plant with high-quality drainage for quick discharge of excess moisture. Mulching is not recommended.
- Dosed top dressing. The grainy low-fertile base is what saxifrage needs for good growth and lush flowering. Events in the form of rare complex fertilizing - this is all that is needed unpretentious perennial.
- When saxifrage blooms in open ground. Terms of budding in different varieties of plants occur in different periods of the summer season. Usually the flowering time starts in the month of June
Oases of different varieties of saxifrage allow you to create picturesque mountain landscapes right on the plot. And the best neighbors for her are conifers and shrubs.
Saberfishes - methods of reproduction
After flowering, the ground part of the plant should be cut. This procedure stimulates the appearance of new leaves. Winter is not terrible for saxifrage, it easily tolerates snowfall and frost. It is recommended to cover the plant from spring frost.
When planting saxifrage in open ground:
- Seeds. The average germination of saxifrage seeds is quite high - within 90%.Seed germination occurs in 6-7 days. Seeds are grown from seedlings in pots, boxes or containers.
- Seedlings. For sprouting, saxifrage seeds are sown in a pot. Shoots dive and planted in separate pots. Seedlings are planted in open ground in late May - early June.
- Outlets. At the end of flowering from the main bush can be separated and seat outlets, rooting them in the soil, protected from the scorching sun. In the spring of new plants, gardeners boldly planted in open ground.
Saberfishes occupy a worthy place in landscape design. Among its obvious advantages - a spectacular appearance, unpretentiousness to natural conditions, the ability to coexist with many flowering plants, short trees and shrubs. Blooming of saxifrage will revive rockeries and will become a highlight in rock gardens. It perfectly complements the mountain composition, without it it is impossible to imagine a man-made rock landscape.