Dandelion honey is a product that has not only a pleasant sweet taste and floral aroma, but also carries a lot of useful substances. According to the presence of vitamins and antioxidants in it, dandelion honey is not inferior to bee or lime honey.
In addition, the product is used not only in its pure form. It is often used to make desserts, pastries and even sauces. Preparation of a tasty and healthy product does not require large expenditures. All you need is to find time to collect dandelions and to brew honey.
What are the benefits of dandelion honey?
Dandelion honey has long been famous for its rich composition, which includes vitamins and trace elements necessary for the human body. Another feature of the product is that in it for a long time valuable qualities are preserved.
Bees practically do not make honey from dandelions, as their nectar has a bitter taste. In this regard, insects are looking for other flowers with sweeter nectar. Therefore, dandelion honey is more often prepared on its own at home.
Traditional medicine actively uses the product in the treatment of the following diseases:
- liver disease;
- bronchial asthma and bronchitis;
- kidney disease.
Since dandelion honey works effectively on the heart, liver, and lungs, these organs are more likely to recover from illness.
Dandelion honey affects the nervous system. It helps to fight insomnia, depression and stress, improves mood. The tool has a beneficial effect on the digestive system, normalizing the work of the intestines and improving appetite.
Also, the product has an antiseptic and resolving effect. The tool effectively helps to strengthen the immune system due to the high content of vitamin C.
The composition of honey includes vitamins: C, vitamins of group B, E, PP.It also contains trace elements: iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus.
Harm and contraindications
Dandelion honey is not recommended to use if there are contraindications:
- allergic reaction;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
Attention should be paid to where the flowers were collected. It is not recommended to use the plant for preparation, which grow near highways, power lines, railway tracks. The best option - remote forests and fields.
How to make honey from dandelions? The recipe is extremely simple, so there is no need to have any culinary abilities. There are many recipes for cooking, everyone can choose the most delicious and healthy option for themselves.
The most simple step-by-step recipe for making dandelion honey with a photo:
- Prepare plant flowers( 400 pieces).
- Fill them with cool water( 0.5 L).
- Put the mixture on the fire and bring to a boil.
- After boiling the mixture, boil it for about 2 hours.
- At the bottom of the colander put a layer of gauze, put the flowers and thoroughly squeeze.
- Add sugar( 1 kg) to the liquid and put it on fire again. Bring to a boil and cook after boiling for 10 minutes.
- The readiness of honey is checked for its density after the sugar is completely dissolved.
- The finished product is laid out on the banks and roll up.
How to cook dandelion honey with lemon? This is another common cooking recipe.
This will require:
- Prepare the flowers( 300 g), rinse and dry.
- Put the inflorescences in a saucepan and cover with cold water( 1 cup).
- Put the mixture on the fire, boil for a few minutes after boiling.
- Cut the lemon, peel and peel and put in the mixture.
- Infuse the mixture for 7 hours.
- Boil the syrup from sugar( 1 kg) and water( 1 cup).
- After the mixture is infused, it is necessary to filter it well. Mix the prepared liquid with the syrup and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Ready honey pour into banks and roll up.
Honey is also often prepared with the addition of herbs. As herbs can be currant, cherry or raspberry leaves.
For cooking, you will need:
- Boil sugar syrup( 1 kg) and water( 2 cups).
- Dandelion flowers wash and dry.
- Add flowers to the syrup and cook for 30 minutes. At the end of cooking, add the squeezed juice of one lemon to the mixture.
- Currant leaves and a few sprigs of lemon balm are also added.
- Ready honey is cooled and decomposed into banks.
These are not all possible recipes for making honey.
Even in ancient times in the countries of the East, dandelion was considered a healing plant. It was actively used in alternative medicine for the treatment of many diseases. Dandelion and honey from it were also used in magic to make powerful potions.
Dandelion can be used to make not only honey, but also jam and wine. Also, parts of the plant are used to make salads.
Especially popular plant in Italy and Belgium. In Belgium, dandelion is even made of beer and pate. In the US, there is a day that is dedicated to the plant. In May, Americans are busy preparing all kinds of culinary dishes from the plant and treat them to their guests.
Dandelion - a common plant in cooking, which is used to prepare a variety of dishes. Honey from inflorescences of a plant differs in pleasant, sweet taste and aroma, and also pleases with qualities useful and valuable to the person. For the preparation of honey, not only flowers are used, but also lemon, herbs, and honey.