Content of the article:
Our marina rasberry multiplication
- Video about raspberry reproduction
It has a perennial rhizome and is characterized by upright shoots that can reach two meters in height.
In the first year, the shoots are fluffy and only their lower part is covered with small and thin spikes of brown tint. In the second year, they become strong and begin to bear fruit, then they dry out, and new shoots grow from the rhizomes and the two-year cycle of life begins anew.
The plant itself not only yields tasty fruits, but also has an attractive appearance, so the photo of a raspberry ordinary is popular. On comparatively long petioles of the mid-shrub, pinnate, complex, and alternate leaves are located, with an average of five to seven leaflets, the upper ones being trifoliate and have stipules. The white flowers of the common raspberry are small and have five petals.
The red, ruby fruits of a crop are a collective drupe; in the cultures bred by the breeders, the berry may have a yellow color. The seeds are round and very small, but hard.
The culture blooms in June-July, and the fruits begin to ripen around July-August. Raspberry fructifies over the years is unstable. Yields are affected by the weather: cold and rainy weather prevents the insects from polluting them. Propagation of raspberry ordinary occurs vegetatively or by seed.
Main varieties of raspberry ordinary
Four main groups of raspberry varieties can be distinguished by ripening:
Read also: Description of the raspberry variety Hercules and features of planting and care
- are early;
Among the varieties of raspberry ordinary, early ripening can be distinguished:
- Scarlet sail. The variety is hardy and durable to various diseases. The yield reaches 1.7 kg of fruit from one bush.
- Runaway. Among amateur gardeners, this variety is popular, its yield can reach 2 kg of berries from a bush.
- Abundant. Large bush culture brings dense bright red berries.
- Early sweet. The variety is characterized by average yield and high winter hardiness.
- Early Surprise. Medium-sized shrub can bring up to 1.5 kg of berries.
- Sunny. Raspberry berries are large, the bush is moderately resistant to diseases and frost.
- Meteor. Powerful bush culture is hardy to major diseases.
- Cumberland. The variety is distinguished by the fruits of black and purple.
Some grades of raspberry ordinary average term of maturing:
- Balsam. The medium bush produces good yields and is resistant to major diseases and spider mites.
- Arabesque. Unpretentious variety.
- Crane. A small bush can produce about 2 kg of ruby fruits a year.
- Kirzhach. The variety is in demand among amateur gardeners due to its high yield.
- Award. Srednerosly plant gives up to 2 kg of red berries annually.
- Shy. The raspberry variety is characterized by stable and high yield.
- Tarusa. The shrub does not require supports and brings large, dense and transportable berries.
Late maturing varieties:
- Latham. Variety from America.
- Brigantine. The shrub of the plant is sensitive to mite, but has a high yield.
Repair raspberry varieties:
Read also: When to plant currants in the garden?
- Indian Summer. The first berries of the plant ripen before the onset of frost.
- Yellow Giant. Large-fruited and maintenance-free variety.
Growing and caring for raspberries ordinary
Experts advise planting a plant in spring or autumn. If planting a bush occurs in the autumn, then it should be spud for the winter, and with the onset of spring, break it out.
A plant in one place can grow up to 20 years, but up to 12 years is considered a productive period. Productivity depends on the characteristics of the variety and the degree of care for raspberries.
The plant does not tolerate drought, but it should not be allowed to stagnate water. Shrubs develop well and bear fruit on loose soils.
Culture needs support, so experts advise the use of trellis. When fastening, the branches of the plant are distributed evenly in different directions and are attached to the support.
In the autumn or after harvesting, the stems should be removed. In spring, the frozen top is cut to a healthy part. Pruning raspberries ordinary occurs in the spring, while the escape of the plant is shortened to the first developed bud.
Perfectly stimulates the formation of new fruit branches pruning the tops by about 10-14 cm. It is recommended to destroy the shoots that appeared in the second half of the summer and are not valuable.
Caring for raspberry ordinary is also in the thinning, which should be carried out in the early spring. On a square meter, where the culture grows, you need to leave about 10-15 healthy and strong bushes. To stimulate the growth of young shoots in mid-August, it is recommended to pinch the top.
Culture should be treated with potash and nitrogen fertilizers. Caring for raspberry ordinary also includes a shallow loosening of the soil near the bushes and weeding.Read also: Creepers and shrubs for live, fast-growing, perennial and evergreen hedgeFrom the second half of the summer, it is necessary to podkapat offsprings of raspberries and separate them from the main rhizome with a clod of earth. Then they should be transplanted to a permanent place. The process is preferably carried out in cloudy weather. The well where the scion will be landed, it is recommended to fill with a liter of water.
- Root cuttings. They must be harvested when digging up root siblings or removing them. Cuttings are sorted, then collected in bunches and placed in small boxes, where the layer is peat and sand. Then they are placed in a cool room, where they are stored until spring. The common raspberry, the reproduction of which occurs in this way, is planted in the early springtime. Pre soil loosened and leveled. At a distance of about 70 cm, small grooves are made into which cuttings are placed. The earth is then well watered and covered with a protective film.
- Seeds. The method is suitable only for breeders.
Useful properties of raspberry ordinary
Fresh fruits of the culture not only have a pleasant aroma and excellent taste, but also have a number of useful properties:
- pain reliever.
The berries in the crop contain many beneficial trace elements, including copper and molybdenum. Fruits perfectly quench thirst, improve digestion and accelerate the removal of harmful substances. The beneficial properties of raspberry are widely used in the prevention and treatment of anemia, atherosclerosis, diabetes mellitus and hypertension.
Video on the reproduction of raspberry