This is one of those dishes that contains the menu of any hostess. It contains very few ingredients. Quick, easy to cook. This is the perfect family dinner. It is very tasty and nutritious, can be cooked in meat or vegetable broth. I always have in the fridge some basic vegetables - onions, carrots, parsley, garlic - they can be the basis for a variety of dishes. The main product for our dish is lentils. It is quite affordable, there are most grocery stores. Let's cook lentil soup. The recipe is simple. Simple and tasty. Fantastically delicious soup!
Ingredients (designed for a 2-liter soup pot):
- lentils - 1/2 cup;
- onion - 2 medium onions;
- carrot - small - 1 pc .;
- potatoes - 5-6 medium sized potatoes;
- bacon - 100 gr .;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- parsley, dill, green onion feathers - to taste;
- salt, black pepper - to taste.
- Pour water into a 2 liter saucepan and set it on fire.
- Crumble 1 onion finely and dip it in boiling water, let it bake for about five minutes.
- At this time, grate the carrots on a coarse grater and add to the boiling onion broth.
- Wash the lentils and add to the pan as well, let it brew for 10-15 minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes - let cook until ready.
- When the potatoes are almost ready, add salt, black pepper and bay leaf.
- Add chopped bacon to the pan - it should roast to a light crunch - then finely chopped onion. When the onions are roasted until light golden and transparent, add the contents of the frying pan to the soup.
- Remove the bay leaf, add the chopped greens.
- All lentil soup ready! Enjoy your meal!