The refrigerator - an indispensable miracle technique in the kitchen - will delight you with fresh aromas, if properly looked after. It is easy to do this not only with the help of ready-made chemicals, but also using ordinary products: lemon and coffee, vinegar and herbs, fragrant peels of citrus fruits. In the article, we will tell you how to remove the smell from the refrigerator both easily and quickly, and without harm to health.
- Causes of an unpleasant darling
- Methods used to eliminate bad odor
- The use of chemicals and various absorbers
- Combined funds
- Folk remedies
- How to prevent a musty smell
- Video Tips
Causes of an unpleasant darling
Before solving the problem of how to eliminate the smell in the refrigerator, which method is most suitable, you should carefully examine its insides, find out the causes of the problem.
The culprits of the fetid darling may be:
- Expired Products. The goods expired, but they were not removed from the refrigerator in time. Often "surprises" are presented with meat products, eggs, cottage cheese.
- Incorrect storage. Food was refrigerated without proper packaging. For example, garlic or onion dishes stored in open form can become a cause of bad smell.
- Contaminated packaging. In retail outlets, it often happens that the packaging material is damaged. Unsuitable goods are retrieved by sellers, but their remains are not always carefully removed (wiped, washed) from the packaging of the goods that was nearby. With prolonged storage, unclean food containers begin to exude a bad smell.
- Stained shelves, drawers or other parts inside the refrigerator. Drops of milk or broth accidentally spilled and dried can smell unpleasant, although they are not always noticeable externally. Care should be taken to monitor the cleanliness of the rubber bands on the doors - product residues are often collected there.
- New unit. A specific amber occurs when the polymer parts are heated during the operation of a new refrigerator. An aroma of this kind disappears within a month.
- Turn off the refrigerator. If the refrigerator turned off due to power outages, breakdowns (read herehow to repair) or while on vacation, then it might appear mold. Often she hides in the most inaccessible places.
- Medicines with poorly ground lids. In combination with other aromas, they can create a disgusting olfactory cocktail.
The appearance of a specific “aroma” may be due to technical malfunctions, including problems with the drip system (what is it? read here) by defrosting. How to remove the smell from the refrigerator in such cases will help contact the specialists of the service center.
Methods used to eliminate bad odor
We will tell you how to remove the smell from the refrigerator quickly, easily and without harm to health. Immediately delighted that the methods of keeping clean "kitchen helpers" are very diverse. Which of them to choose depends only on your personal preferences.
So, to remove the smell in the refrigerator at home, regularly use:
- Special synthetic detergents for the care of kitchen appliances. It is important to follow the instructions for their use, not to exceed the prescribed norm, to control that there is no contact with food.
- Industrial odor absorbers. The silicogenic odor absorber is in the form of a plastic ball (egg), inside of which is placed a bag of silicogen. The accessory is conveniently placed in the egg storage compartment. The activated charcoal absorber uses modified activated carbon. This odor absorber is conveniently suspended on shelves or other modules. Unpleasant odor will not appear if the device is regularly cleaned or changed, following the instructions.
- Folk remedies. Self-prepared odor control in the refrigerator will help keep the equipment in impeccable cleanliness, and will also be cheap, safe and effective.
- Ozonizers for the refrigerator. Modern tools will help to quickly solve the problem of how to get rid of the unpleasant odor in the refrigerator, since Ozone helps keep food fresh for longer, stop the spread of disease in the cells microorganisms.
- If the smell comes from the freezer, read this article.
Tip: Before wash the fridge, be sure to turn off the power, lay out all the products, remove all the shelves and boxes.
The use of chemicals and various absorbers
Be careful when using chemicals. Before using them, read the instructions. Please note that some household chemicals leave a pungent "chemical" odor after use that is difficult to interrupt.
Let's look at how to wash the refrigerator so that there is no smell. Such cleansers will perfectly cope with the task:
- Feedback Advantages: hypoallergenic, safe for use in the presence of children, pregnant women, pets.
- Oro Fix 02012. Benefits: Quickly and effectively removes obsolete odors.
- TOP HOUSE. Advantages: Does not require additional rinsing with water, instantly and reliably kills bacteria, prevents their spread.
Method one. A small lemon (lime) should be cut with a sharp knife into two halves, remove the flesh. Pour baking soda into each “cup”, put into shelves. Throw it away in a week. Instead of soda, you can use charcoal or activated carbon. Coal perfectly absorbs and absorbs aromas.
Second way. Mix 2 cups of Epsom salts (available at a pharmacy called Magnesium Sulfate) with the same amount of soda. Add 50 ml of water and 10 drops of your favorite essential oil, for example, an orange or tea tree. Transfer the resulting composition to a jar and put in the unit.
You cannot decide how to remove the smell from the refrigerator simply, affordable and effectively? Pay attention to the recommendations of our wise grandmothers and mothers.
Ways to eliminate odors:
- Prepare a solution of vinegar with water (1: 1), add a pinch of sea salt. Wipe the walls-shelves of the refrigeration chambers with a cloth moistened in solution.
- Spread tea bags, crusts of rye bread, a chopped small onion, half an apple on the inner surfaces - they quickly absorb an unpleasant odor.
- Make a “cocktail” of vodka and lemon (lime) juice in a ratio of 10: 1, process the inside of the unit.
- Put a saucer with sugar or small salt - these are excellent natural absorbers of various “aromas”.
- Pour a little fresh cat-like filler into a small container - the product will perfectly “pull out” the unpleasant amber.
In the new refrigerator, a solution of baking soda perfectly eliminates the unpleasant amber. For its preparation, it is necessary to dissolve 2 tbsp. tablespoons (without top) of sodium bicarbonate in 0.5 l of hot water.
How to eliminate bad breath in the refrigerator with herbs? Place on the shelves jars with your favorite natural gifts - tarragon, basil, celery, thyme or cloves.
There are various recipes for removing odor from the refrigerator and using coffee:
- Place a container of ground product inside.
- Brew an aromatic drink and place a cup with it to cool on a shelf. Repeat the procedure several times.
- Fry the coffee beans in a frying pan and let them cool in the machine.
How to prevent a musty smell
Use the simple rules that will help prevent an unpleasant fragrance. You will not lose time, tormented by the question of how to get rid of the unpleasant smell in the refrigerator, if they become your habit. Your refrigerator will always be a realm of purity and pleasant aromas.
So, so that the darling does not appear in the refrigerator:
- Ventilate the unit regularly inside - unplug it and leave the door open for 1.5-2 hours.
- Wipe the shelves immediately if any liquid accidentally spills.
- Check the contents of the chambers at least once every 5-7 days: throw away spoiled or rotten foods, remove the remnants of food that you are not going to eat.
- Keep cooked dishes in containers, lids closed by lids. If there are no covers, cover food with cling film.
- Place defrosting products in a deep container to prevent leakage.
- Only place clean dishes inside so as not to stain the shelves.
- Place a jar of crushed activated carbon or soda in any convenient place - these are excellent sorbents that absorb specific flavors well. Change them every 3 months.
It is also interesting to know:
- How to remove an unpleasant odor from the microwave;
- Bad smell in the washing machine: how to get rid.
- Detailed instructions - how to remove bad odor from the air conditioner.
You will learn how to get rid of the smell in the refrigerator with the usual products that are in every home (slices of the remaining bread, soda, activated carbon and coffee) from the plot:
We tried to tell how to eliminate an unpleasant odor in the refrigerator, not only using household chemicals, but also using natural products. How to wash the refrigerator - with water with droplets of lemon juice, a solution of soda or use modern ready-made products - depends on your choice. Air absorbers provide a fresh and clean aroma inside the appliance.
In contact with