Alas, an unpleasant smell and even mold may appear in the refrigerator. To prevent this from happening, it must be washed properly. To do this, you can use special chemistry or improvised means - starting from a soap solution and ending with lemon juice. But how to clean it, you will learn further.
- Prepare the refrigerator for cleaning.
- How to wash the refrigerator so that there is no unpleasant smell?
- How to clean the refrigerator from stains and dirt?
- Purchased Refrigerator Cleaners
- Video: A selection of refrigerator cleaning tips and tricks
Prepare the refrigerator for cleaning.
Before starting to wash the refrigerator, empty it completely. That is, not only get all the products out of it, but also take out all the shelves, boxes, grilles, glasses - everything that can be freely removed. Next, disconnect the refrigerator from power or switch to defrost mode.
You will spend no more than 1-2 hours on washing the refrigerator, so you can not be afraid that the products will go bad. If it’s very hot in the apartment, put the food in a basin or a large pot, cover it with ice on top (it is better to freeze it in molds beforehand), and close the lid. This will protect food from heat and spoilage.
Regardless of how you wash the refrigerator, prepare soft rags, sponges and napkins. Cotton swabs and a toothbrush can come in handy to clean up inaccessible places from dirt.
How to wash the refrigerator so that there is no unpleasant smell?
If the smell in the refrigerator has already appeared, you can use the following proven means:
- 9% vinegar dilute ½ with water and wash all internal surfaces of the refrigerator, including the freezer. Then rinse everything with cool clean water and wipe dry.
- Ammonia (ammonia). Dilute 1 tablespoon in 3 tablespoons of cold water. Wipe the refrigerator with a sponge dampened in this solution, including all inaccessible places. You can use a cotton swab in the corners. As a rule, after drying, all odors disappear from the refrigerator.
- Lemon Juice or Citric Acid. In 1 liter of warm water, add the juice of one lemon or a pinch of citric acid. Dampen a cloth with liquid and wash the surface of the refrigerator. As soon as the solution dries, only a pleasant citrus smell will remain.
- Apple cider. Dilute 1 cup of cider in 1 liter of warm water, then moisten the sponge and rinse the refrigerator chambers. After that, walk with a clean rag to avoid leaving streaks.
You will find more tools and methods in the article: How to clean the smell in the refrigerator?
Rinse all interior items that you removed from the refrigerator under running water in a bathtub or in soapy water. In the corners of the boxes, crumbs and other food residues often accumulate - direct a shower stream at them and wash them thoroughly. After all items are washed and detergents washed off, wipe them dry and return to the washed refrigerator.
In the video instruction you will see how you can wash the inside and outside of the refrigerator with home remedies so that there is no smell:
To prevent an unpleasant odor from appearing in the refrigerator, it is advisable to buy a special product in the hardware store and keep it in the refrigerator. It is usually made on the basis of activated carbon, consists of a box with slots. Activated carbon as an absorbent - draws in all the odors from the refrigerator, and the problem is solved!
How to clean the refrigerator from stains and dirt?
The following remedies will help to cope with stubborn stains and dirt:
- Soap solution. Take a small piece of laundry soap - you can grate it on a fine grater, or you can simply beat in foam. Then add a spoonful of ammonia to this foam. Mix everything and with this solution wash all the "inside" of the refrigerator, including the rubber door seals. As a rule, dirt accumulates there most of all. Be sure to wear rubber gloves before this procedure so as not to damage your hands. Then wipe dry.
- Toothpaste. Apply a thin layer to the sponge, then wipe the refrigerator from the inside. After the stains disappear, it remains only to rinse the camera with warm water and wipe it dry with a towel.
- Baking soda. Dissolve a tablespoon of soda in 1 liter of hot water, apply to a stain, leave to dry (5-10 minutes), rub with a soft cloth and rinse with water. If necessary, you can repeat the operation again.
In the next video, you will clearly see how you can wash the top section of the refrigerator with baking soda in 7 steps:
Do not use detergents or detergents to clean the refrigerator after defrosting. They are very aggressive and not suitable for delicate plastic.
Do not use hard iron sponges and do not try to scrape off the stains with a knife. Moisten a stain with a cleaning agent - let the dirt dissolve and then wipe. It did not help - repeat again.
Purchased Refrigerator Cleaners
In addition to utensils and improvised means, you can use special means for washing refrigerators, in particular antibacterial sprays for disinfection and wet wipes. They are very convenient - sprayed on the surface and rubbed, so the clean refrigerator is ready.
Rinse off is not required, according to the manufacturers - the product decomposes into components that are safe for health. In addition, it removes all unpleasant odors, leaving behind a soft, subtle smell of freshness. The only negative of such funds is that they are quite expensive. However, they need a little at a time, so one bottle is enough for a long time.
Video: A selection of refrigerator cleaning tips and tricks
In the next video, the girl will talk about the means by which you can eliminate stains in the refrigerator. She will also give some helpful tips on cleaning it:
After washing, leave the refrigerator for ventilation and complete drying open for an hour or two, or better - at night. Then connect to the network and download products. By the way, do not forget to inspect the bottoms of pots and containers - for contamination. Now your clean, fragrant refrigerator is ready for new work.
In contact with