The content of the article:
Without a toilet in the house outside the city can not do. But if the alternative for a standard "birdhouse hidden from prying eyes somewhere in the corner of the site, is not was, then today there is another interesting option, and not even one - it's bio-toilets for giving different constructions.
A modern bio-toilet is a compact device that does not require labor-intensive and expensive installation of communications and is installed both in a separate structure on the site and inside a residential building. Such dry closets for cottages differ enviable simplicity in installation and further operation.
Classification of biotoilets
Depending on the capacity and dimensions, the biotoilets can easily be divided into two large classes:
- portable structures that can be easily installed in any convenient location, including inside the apartment building;
- stationary structures, often mounted in a separate room.
Principle of work of the biotoilete
According to the principle of the action of different models, the following groups can be distinguished:
- Chemical toilets that act on various sanitary liquids;
- Peat, producing biocompost, toilets;
- Electric models.
Chemical portable toilets for cottages
Chemical biotoilets are modern compact devices, which are necessarily present The upper part, including the seat and the rinsing pump for disposal of waste, and hermetically sealed storage capacity. The principle of the biotoilet of this type is based on the cleavage of feces by means of a specialized reagent added to the tank. All waste products entering the toilet are washed off with water into the receiving capacity, where a decomposing compound is added, which prevents the accompanying spread of an unpleasant smell of gas formation and through a chemical reaction converts waste.
Such mobile biotoilet for a summer residence is rather convenient, however it is possible to apply to the device a prefix "bio" depends on that chemical structure which its owners use.
Chemicals for dry closets
They are available in three types:
- Formaldehyde reagents, which can not be attributed to safe formulations, therefore, the recycled waste from the biotoilet for cottages should be better disposed of away from housing and landings.
- Liquid ammonium reagents become safe after 3 to 7 days after adding to the tank.
- Preparations, which contain live bacteria, are completely harmless, and waste products processed with their help are a good fertilizer for the site.
If a comparison of the biotoilets of the chemical principle of action is carried out, then constructions using sanitary liquids of the third type are preferable.
And here, not only the safety of the device, but its compactness is important. What is important when staying at a dacha of small children or older relatives, since portable toilets of this type can be conveniently located in the house.
The minus of the design can be considered the need for constant replenishment of the toilet not too cheap reagent. And to recycle was complete, special soluble toilet paper will be required.
Because of the ease of maintenance and environmental cleanliness, these toilets benefit from the toilets with a cesspool. And for the device of the simplest peat bio-toilet the villa owner will need: a toilet seat with a bucket, a container for filler, dry peat and an equipped place for compost collection.
Peat toilets for cottages have a lower capacity for collecting the products of people's livelihoods. To use the dacha toilet on the peat, water is not required at all, as the feces get into the peat, which must be poured into the toilet immediately before use and immediately after it.
In contrast to using a toilet chemical reagent, the bioguide of peat for dacha is designed for installation outside the house. If the design is still placed next to the living quarters, the ventilation system must be installed in the toilet room, since peat can not completely remove the smell of peat.
In the peat summer cottage biotuilet can be provided for the separation of waste into liquid and solid fractions. The urine collected in a separate container is regularly discharged through a discharge hose into the ground, and feces mixed with peat are collected in the tank, from where they are taken out in the compost pit as the capacity is filled.
The advantages of peat bio-toilet are many:
- First, there is no need for water to use such a device;
- The period between cleaning the tank is longer than using a chemical toilet;
- Neither wastes nor products of their processing pollute the environment;
- Relative cheapness of peat bio-toilet;
- Low price for peat filler.
From users of peat toilets for giving reviews, only positive results always come, but there are drawbacks here:
- Ventilation is mandatory, which complicates and slows down the installation;
- It is important to consider draining urine and equip drainage;
- Stationary structure;
- Large, in comparison with the biotoilets on chemical reagents, dimensions.
The choice of filler for peat bio-toilet
The bacteria contained in the peat contribute to the rapid decomposition of human biological waste and their transformation into fertilizer for the suburban area. When peat is poured, firstly, the spread of an unpleasant odor is suppressed, and secondly, an early composting of feces is provided.
Peat filler for dry closet is required only. At the same time it is convenient and safe to store it next to the toilet seat and fall asleep every time before and after using the toilet.
Sometimes in these composting toilets are advised to use sawdust or small shavings. However, such a replacement will not give the desired effect and will not accelerate the processing of waste in the compost. And if the sawdust is used, it is better to make a mixture of equal parts of peat and wood filler and only if the receiving toilet tank with a capacity of at least 50 liters. Then the substrate will be provided with a decent aeration.
Composting bio-toilet of continuous operation
This toilet is distinguished by the complexity of the design, justified by the continuity of the action. Therefore, all the time and money spent on the arrangement of this type of toilet will quickly pay off with ease of use. There is no need to deal with dirty waste, and in the process of processing, a full-fledged compost is produced. With sufficient ventilation in this toilet there is not a hint of an unpleasant smell, and the entire mechanism functions without water supply.
The basis of the construction of the composting toilet of continuous action is a volumetric inclined chamber, where compost is formed. The bottom slope should be 30 degrees. In order to process the processing more intensively, and the waste had the necessary loose structure, peat is added regularly through the loading hatch to the chamber.
The scheme of peat toilet with collection of urine. It should be noted that, by analogy with the usual bio-toilets, sawdust or peat is added through the opening for defecation.
- A. Second floor
- First floor
- Ground floor
- Compartment for humus
- Ventilation tube
- Collection of urine and dehydration.
The principle of operation of a biotoilet on electricity, more similar to a toilet, is based on the initial drying, and then on burning by means of a solid fraction of waste. The liquid component is collected separately and is transported through a hose to the ground or to an external sewage system.
A review of the biotoilets for the dacha made it possible to conclude that toilets using electricity are justified Only where, except for electric wiring, there is a possibility of arrangement of drainage and qualitative ventilation system. This significantly increases the cost of the project, so for seasonal dachas such devices are unprofitable.
Choosing a portable toilet for a summer residence, it is important to consider the following points:
- Capacity of a storage tank for waste. The periodicity of emptying depends on this indicator. On average, a tank of up to 14 liters is enough for 30 applications, so it is important to try to calculate the required capacity so that all family members were comfortable using the toilet, and his cleaning was not onerous.
- Weight of the filled storage tank. Seeking convenience, many choose excessively bulky tanks, which then makes their removal and purification difficult. The weight of the full 14-liter tank is approximately equal to 15 kg, and here it is important to assess your own strengths and possibilities for waste disposal.
- Height of the biotoilet. How to choose a toilet for a summer cottage if there are children in the family? First of all, take into account the height of the seat, and, of course, the safety of using the structure.
Dry closet in winter
Today, even more often country houses are not empty and in winter. If the toilet is equipped in a heated room, then there is nothing to worry about. Otherwise the situation is when the convenience is on the street.
To make the stay comfortable, a detached toilet should function reliably even at minus temperature. When comparing toilets it turns out that it is better to choose a design that works on peat or chemical reagent. Today for chemical toilets there are non-freezing liquids, peat, while maintaining its dryness, does not freeze in frost. Either one or the second solution does not require additional costs.
The second important factor is the use in the toilet only of frost-resistant materials, especially in plastic.