Rarely what a country house or a cottage does without a veranda. And even in the most impoverished dacha the landlord will necessarily put an arbor. After all, a country house is an opportunity to communicate with nature, to be imbued with its beauty and naturalness, to breathe in fresh, unsheltered air.
How pleasant it is to have a tea party on the veranda, to admire the sunset, to listen to the rustle of foliage in the trees. But what if there is rain and a strong wind outside? Special tents for gazebos and verandas will help you, which have recently become widely known among lovers of life in the open air.
If you decide to attach a veranda to the house or put an arbor, you must immediately decide whether you will buy an awning for them. If yes, then some architectural details of the future structure can be abandoned, saving the amount for tailoring.
What are tents
Awnings for arbours and verandas can be different in form and material. All of them are designed to protect from unfavorable external conditions in the warm season. However, having shown a share of imagination and ingenuity, a gazebo or a veranda covered with a canopy can be used for its intended purpose even in winter. Modern materials can withstand temperatures from -30⁰C to +60⁰C without changing their properties.
Among the most common materials for the tent are:
- Tarpaulin. Not aging "classic the universality of its application has been proven over decades of use. It is a durable natural cotton or linen fabric, treated with special compounds. After treatment, the fabric becomes waterproof, fireproof and less susceptible to decay. The disadvantages of this material include a decent weight and rough texture, not too pleasant for the eyes.
- Canvas made of PVC film. Artificial material made of polyvinylchloride with a two-sided polymer coating. It has good protection against rain and snow. It is strong enough to withstand gusts of wind, heavy rain and hail, is not afraid of snow and frost. For a long time, it does not lose its protective properties. Available in both transparent and color versions.
Verandas of classical type are usually made of wood, with carved decor elements and a solid roof covered with modern roofing materials. In this case, a transparent awning for the veranda made of PVC will look great. Having established such protection, you can use the veranda from early spring until late autumn. On fine days the canopy is easily dismantled, and with the onset of bad weather put in place. And those who love nature at any time of the year, it will be easy in winter to bring to the veranda an electric fireplace or another suitable heater. The spinning of snowflakes in the rays of light is aesthetically no less spectacular than the raindrops that strike the transparent film.
Often the awning for the veranda is combined - the top is left transparent, and the bottom is covered with a color film that is "consonant" with the color scheme of the house and veranda. Such awnings are usually made to order and look stylish and modern.
Awnings made of PVC for gazebo are not less respectable and beautiful. Modern materials make it possible to make a work of art out of this ordinary country house structure. Special fasteners allow in warm weather to tilt or turn away a part of the film for the influx of fresh air.
For temporary rest in the bosom of nature, many designs of awnings have also been developed. In this case, the protection is pulled on a light frame from the metal profile. The resulting arbors in shape can be either round or rectangular. To create a sense of unity with nature in the solid walls of the awning, large panoramic windows cut from the transparent film. Such arbors can be installed directly on the grass. Inside, you can safely hide from the sun and from bad weather.
The awning for the gazebo resembles a large tourist tent with windows.
Features of installation and maintenance of awnings
Awnings for gazebos and verandas are designed in such a way that one person can cope with their installation and removal. For this purpose, various types of fastenings have been invented and implemented in practice:
- Velcro or lightning. The most budgetary and not very reliable in terms of durability method. Suitable for small awnings, temporary folding structures in the warm season.
- Staples with straps. A more reliable way to install a canopy. It is also used for PVC foil and tarpaulins. Awnings with such fastenings can withstand decent temperature variations over time.
- Rotary (French) staples with fixing straps. This multifunctional type of fasteners allows not only to fix the curtain in straightened form, but also to fold part of it up or to the side. The price is accordingly higher than for the design with velcro.
- Aluminum guide with rollers. Used rarely, it is expensive. Curtains in such awnings can move only to the side.
The tent for the veranda can be secured in other ways, but they are not in great demand and therefore are not worth our attention.
As for the care of these products, it is not complicated. You just need to remember a few rules. This is especially true for PVC tents. They are more beautiful, but also more vulnerable to mechanical damage. Therefore, it is necessary to wash the surface with non-aggressive cleaning agents and warm water. Use for this purpose a soft cloth that does not leave traces and stains on the surface of the film. Finally rinse with a jet of cold water with a slight head.
During operation, tents for arbors and verandas, if necessary, are washed with cold water from a hose, removing dust and other traces of contamination. In the cold season, the canopy is rolled up and stored in an upright position in the pantry. The roll can be covered with fabric or sewed tight.
If you do not spare money, then the awning for the veranda will give your house a unique look, and your home will become more cozy and comfortable. Modern materials and technologies are able to implement any design solution. And with a careful and careful handling of this design will serve you for many years.