Features of the upholstered door leather
- Features of the upholstery
- Technological features of the door upholstery
- video upholstery for the doorsteps of the doorsteps of the doorsteps of the doorsteps of the doorsteps of the doorsteps of the doorsteps
- registrations of an entrance - an upholstery of doors special materials. Their correct selection allows you to get a completely new image of the "face" of a house or apartment. The event is not so difficult for self-development. Cladding is carried out not only in order to restore the old doors, but also to change the style of the design of even new wooden and metal doors.
Why do the upholstery of doors
? The upholstery of entrance doors has a multifunctional meaning:
- Changing the appearance not only in color, but in texture and even shape. Soft upholstery allows you to perform three-dimensional pattern and decoration. From a simple or old door you can make a real masterpiece.
- Thermal insulation - materials with a low thermal conductivity are used for plating. And both soft and sheet heat-insulating materials are applicable.
- Sound insulation, because the materials used have excellent sound absorption characteristics. If necessary, specialized sound insulation can be used.
- Vibration and noise insulation. Metal and wooden doors without upholstery strongly resonate from any cotton in the entrance and vibrate when closing, which is very annoying. Upholstery allows you to get rid of such manifestations. The material applied to the canvas absorbs vibrations and noise perfectly.
Layer-by-layer combination of sound insulation, insulation and decor allows you to get the maximum effect.
Upholstery Features for DoorsA distinctive feature is the preservation of solid surfaces with the main purpose of decoration, as well as insulation.
- Soft cladding is distinguished by using only elastic and sealing materials, which makes it possible not only to carry out insulation and sound insulation, but also to create an original three-dimensional drawing of the door.
- The upholstery of a wooden door is somewhat different from the finish of a metal leaf. This is due to the peculiarity of fastening, because it is impossible to drive a decorative furniture nail into the metal. Special self-tapping screws are used or the canvas is pasted over with a resistant adhesive with a large adhesive ability.
- The selection of materials, their required quantity is conducted from the complex idea, given that the superimposed layers of materials somewhat increase the area of the shelter. It is recommended that you carefully study the technology, conditionally break up its stages, and even draw up a operational map before carrying out the door trim. This will allow to get rid of alterations, damage to materials and as a result will simplify the achievement of the desired result.
- Nails for door upholstery are selected special with a large, like a button, hat. The assortment is usually hardware with decorative stamping and painting for gold, copper, black, white, which should also be taken into account when developing the design of the updated door leaf.
For the event you will need a set of joinery, measuring tools, super-strong glue "Liquid nails".
Features of the upholstery door materials
The door upholstery is made of two similar materials, although they are often confused and called leather or dermantine:
- Dermantine, a woven base coated with nitrocellulose, became the very first leather substitute. The material has retained its popularity to the present day due to the relatively high resistance to ultraviolet radiation. Padding door dermantin is allowed even from the outside with direct access to the street. The material is resistant to chemical and biological effects, and also retains its properties at high temperature differences.
- Vinyl artificial leather is a modern material competitive in quality and price. It practically does not concede to the technical characteristics to expensive upholstery materials. This is a sheet laminate with a layer of polyvinyl chloride, which is also resistant to chemical and biological effects. Depending on the quality, it detects signs of aging and cracking when exposed to ultraviolet light. It is recommended that the vinyl upholstery door upholstery does not come under long-term exposure to sunlight.
It is advisable when specifying and purchasing to specify the characteristics of the material, and not its type.
Dermantin according to the old technology is practically not produced, and all leather substitutes are very similar in production method with differences in the chemical composition of the polymer and the base, which is the basis of the difference in price category and technical characteristics:
- surface can be glossy or matte, perfectly smooth, with different textureand even porous;
- surface can mimic different animal and reptile skin;
- leather base is completely different from knitted and felted to polymeric foam;
- upholstery is characterized by thermal expansion coefficient, elasticity, tensile properties and resistance to chemical reagents;
- dermantin for door upholstery does not require special care and is easily cleaned using ordinary soap, but active solvents can adversely affect the polymer and leave traces of impact.
Read also: Overview of diesel heaters
Features self-upholstery of doors with leather asd
When preparing for self-upholstering of doors, you have to choose both the material, insulation and decorative elements.
Read also: Homemade heaters for home, garden and garage
Features selection of upholstery materials
- For soft volume upholstery appropriate elastic and "spring" material, then there will not be detected sagging and unwanted folds when temperature fluctuations. For a flat rigid lining, it is desirable to select a material with a lower coefficient of shrinkage and elasticity. This will ensure a tight fit of the leather substitute at temperature drops, which means that the fastening will be less disturbed.
- Upholstery of wooden doors for reliable fastening of dermantine requires fairly frequent fixation points. You can only use nails with a special cap( about 1 cm in diameter).In cases of hidden fixing methods, use of mounting brackets is permissible. The fixation step is chosen from the tension of the leather substitute, the amount of lining and the design format — from 2 to 7 cm.
- In order to trim the door beautifully and with dermantine, it is necessary to choose the right materials, precisely position them and fix them correctly. As the lining material is recommended to use only polymeric materials. They do not lose their properties over time and do not support the development of any biological forms. Popular and suitable are foam rubber or synthetic winterizer. The thickness of the layer is selected from 2 to 5 cm, and layering is allowed.
- To strengthen the fixation and the formation of the original pattern, tapes or twine made of the same polymer, as well as stainless steel wire, are used. Strengthening tapes can be made independently by long cuts with a hem in the edging.
- Simple drawings are formed by geometric shapes with exact observance of the recommended step-by-step technology. Creating a picture can be carried out using tapes, cords, and only nails or a combination of methods.
To create very complex patterns, some masters use a special furniture technology for layered figured material.
The lower layers are stacked in segments, forming the pattern hillocks, and a single “enveloping cover” material is created on the top with a thickness of about 1 cm.
See also: How to make slopes for interior doors with your hands
Technological features of door upholstery
Dermantin door upholstery options require more skill and accurate calculation of the upholstery tension force. At low tension, sagging and skewing of the pattern will be detected. With excess - there is a probability of rupture of the material in the attachment pointsIt is worth considering that the greater the amount of lining material, the pattern will be more voluminous. It is necessary to take into account the degree of tension of the leather substitute, the size of the “blank” segment with a large margin, as well as the appearance of additional folds, which should be part of the designed design. For these reasons, beginners are not recommended to use a thick lining.
All actions are very difficult to carry out when the door is awning. Therefore, to simplify and accurately form the pattern, the door leaf is dismantled and placed on chairs and stools.