Repairing an apartment or a house is a responsible matter. It is not enough just to comply with all the rules and recommendations, you need to be very sensitive to the materials that will be used for finishing work. Health that often cannot be bought for any money often depends on the right choice. Often, in order to sell a product, marketers go to different tricks. When choosing a washable wallpaper, for example, you need to pay attention not only to the meter and color, but also to carefully study the labels on the rolls. They must be indicated on:
- The composition of the layers (indicated by letters);
- Category (moisture resistant, washable, wear resistant)
- The impact of sunlight on the canvas
Detailed information is usually printed finely, and the buyer is often too lazy to study it. And unscrupulous sellers do not consider it necessary to talk about the features of vinyl and other wallpapers that do not always meet quality standards.
What to look for when choosing a washable wallpaper?
Vinyl wallpapers differ from each other in their basis. It is paper, non-woven and fabric. The non-woven is the most durable, it is not afraid of shrinkage and creates a sound insulation. The bottom layer poses no health hazard. But the polyvinyl chloride, which creates the top layer of wallpaper, has many disadvantages. This layer does not let air through, and air exchange is disturbed in the room. On the wall under such wallpaper, a harmful fungus often forms. His spores can cause many chronic diseases, including bronchitis and asthma. But do not panic ahead of time. Usually, only low-grade wallpapers made in China have such properties.
To protect the family from diseases, it is best to choose a European manufacturer. Washable wallpapers made in Finland, Germany, and Great Britain are popular today. In these countries, they carefully monitor the environmental safety of goods, and the wallpaper is impregnated with special antifungal compounds. Modern technologies make wallpaper “breathable” by equipping them with micropores.
Choosing the right wallpaper, you can expand the roll and smell the material. If there is a sharp chemical smell, do not make a purchase.
To protect yourself from fakes, it is better to seek help from specialized stores, where the risk of acquiring “left” goods is minimal.
Gluing washable wallpapers is best in rooms where households spend a little time: in the kitchen, hallway, bathroom. And to make it even calmer, it is necessary to open the windows more often and ventilate all the rooms.
- Why you should not replace the ondulin brand horse with a metal one
- What to choose - pressed fittings or crimp fittings
- In which cases it is impossible to add waste oil to bitumen
- What are the disadvantages of a polycarbonate roof
- Rattan Wall Care
- What are the disadvantages of PVC floor tiles
- Where a cheap substandard corrugated board is useful in construction
- What crushed stone can be hazardous to health?
- Why is mineral wool dangerous to health?
- How to choose a paint for the facade
- What material is better to replace drywall
- Where you can not apply glazing from soft PVC sheets
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen