Russia, Moscow region, Moscow+79041000555
Modern life is impossible without a microwave. Thanks to such a familiar kitchen attribute, you can heat and thaw food, prepare quick and simple dishes, and some create real culinary masterpieces. Like any technique, a microwave requires proper care. During cooking, drops of fat settle on the walls and moving parts of the device, where an unpleasant odor accumulates over time. In addition, there are culinary failures, after which the persistent smell of burning reminds you of your presence for a long time. How to quickly and effectively remove odors in the microwave? We’ll talk about this today.
Why do odors appear?
Before choosing a tool for removing unpleasant odors from a microwave oven, you need to find out why it appeared:
- adhering food debris when reheated exudes an unpleasant odor;
- when overheating food or burning, an unpleasant smell of bitterness is formed;
- from foods with a difficult aroma - garlic, fish;
- the presence of a low-power fan.
Folk remedies: how to quickly get rid of odors in the microwave
Consider more environmentally friendly, simple and fairly effective ways to quickly remove the unpleasant "aromas" of burning, burnt popcorn, plastic and others.
How to remove lemon odor from a microwave
Citrus fruit perfectly eliminates unpleasant odors from a microwave oven of any origin, including burning. You can buy fruit in any store, so this option is suitable for any person, regardless of financial situation.
- First of all, kitchen appliances need to be wiped with a foam sponge with plain water, removing dried up food debris.
- Rinse the lemon fruit and cut into circles. We spread it in a glass container, pour 250 ml of plain water.
- Carefully put the container with the contents in the microwave. We set the maximum power and turn it on. After boiling water, we maintain the lemon mixture for 7 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, carefully get out the dish. We do not make sudden movements, otherwise you can get burned with hot steam.
- Replace water and citrus fruit. Repeat the procedure again.
- After rinsing with plain water and a sponge, open and dry.
As a substitute, it is allowed to use citric acid (2 hours. l.), after diluting it in 100 ml of liquid.
Advice! Even a simple orange peel can eliminate an unpleasant odor and clean the stove of impurities. It is enough to dry it slightly or make a steam bath in an electric appliance.
Lemon combined with acetic acid will help eliminate the pungent odor of burning or plastic.
- Pour 1 hour into the container. l essences and add 1/2 chopped lemon fruit.
- Pour hot water and put into the device. Warm up at maximum power for 5 minutes and leave to cool.
- Wipe the oven with a warm solution, wait for it to dry completely and rinse with plain water.
- Leave the oven open for 6-8 hours.
The presence of active ingredients and essential oils of lemon allows you to eliminate the aromas formed inside the kitchen assistant.
How to remove unpleasant aroma using vinegar
Acid helps to quickly clean the inside of the oven from dirt and unpleasant odors, and also has a disinfecting property.
Important! You can not use this cleaning method often if the microwave is coated with enamel.
- vinegar essence - 1 hour l .;
- warm water - 0.5 l.
Combine the two ingredients, mix. Dip a sponge into the resulting acidic solution and wipe the inside of the microwave oven. After 3 minutes, rinse thoroughly with plain water. The finished solution can also be used for the steam method. The aging time should not exceed more than 4-5 minutes.
Tip! Replace caustic vinegar essence, if you use fruit acid.
Get rid of the smell with baking soda
Baking soda or confectionery baking powder has a beneficial effect when cleaning the surface of an electric appliance.
- soda - 1/2 tbsp. l .;
- water - 1/4 cup.
Mix the ingredients in a deep plate until completely dissolved. Moisten a clean rag in the resulting mixture and treat the oven without rinsing. After 60 minutes, prepare a new composition and repeat the procedure. Rinse with warm water and leave to dry completely.
As a substitute for baking powder, you can use pharmaceutical coal. To do this, turn 1 pack of tablets into powder and pour into a saucer. Put in a closed chamber for 6-8 hours.
Using coffee and spices
The aroma of coffee interrupts odors formed in the chamber of the electrical appliance. For this purpose, the product is recommended to use natural or ground grains, but not freeze-dried.
- coffee - 2 hours l .;
- warm water - 100 ml.
Mix in a separate bowl. In the resulting solution, moisten a rag and wipe the surface of the chamber. Close and leave in this form for 2 hours. Rinse in the usual way.
The second no less effective option is to pour the ground coffee powder on a flat plate, put it in the oven for 1-2 days. This method is more suitable for preventing the appearance of unpleasant odors.
The result from aromatic herbs and spicy spices will be if you choose the following types:
- lemon balm;
Pour warm water into a deep plate, put chopped grass. Put in the camera, having previously built the maximum power. Heating is carried out for 20 minutes, left in a microwave oven until completely cooled. After washed in the usual way.
Removing unpleasant odors from a microwave oven using toothpaste
Everyone has a toothpaste. Probably, no one even guessed about other uses besides oral hygiene. How to get rid of the smell from the microwave with toothpaste? You can learn more from the video:
How to clean the unpleasant odor of a microwave oven using household chemicals
For washing the appliance, it is not recommended to use powdered chemicals. They leave slight scratches, damaging the protective coating of the kitchen helper. The best is to buy a gel or spray to effectively cleanse and remove unpleasant odors.
Consider the most popular of them:
- Sanita Spray - easily and quickly removes various kinds of pollution and persistent unpleasant odors. Just spray the product on the surface and leave for 5 minutes, wipe with a damp cloth. The price does not exceed 120 rubles.
- Anti Fat Cinderella contains baking soda. Refers to universal funds, the price of which is about 100 rubles.
- Natural Synergetic cleaning gelthat does not contain harmful chemical components and is 100% degradable. It is allowed to use in the presence of small children in the house. The price of the product is up to 300 rubles.
- Mr. Muscle Spray for cleaning the kitchen and electrical appliances. By effectiveness, the product loses to others. Allowed to be used daily due to antibacterial properties. The average price is 250 rubles.
The principle of application for the above products is the same. Before use, it is recommended to wear disposable gloves so as not to harm the skin.
If there is no special cream or spray for cleaning at hand, then it is allowed to use improvised household chemicals:
- Dishwashing. Pour 100 ml of water into a bowl and add 1 hour. l gel, foam and put into the chamber for 2 minutes at a power of 800 watts. Leave the soapy solution to cool completely, then rinse the stove.
- Glass Cleaning Spray. Fixed asset (3.5 tbsp. k) dissolve in warm water (50 ml). Sponge the composition onto the inside of the oven. Leave on for 10 minutes and wipe with a damp rag.
- Laundry soap. Grind a small piece on a fine grater. Put a tablespoon of the ingredient on a plate, pour 1/2 cup of warm liquid. Stir until completely dissolved, place in the chamber for 3 minutes, turning on the device at maximum power. Do not open the door, leave for half an hour. Wash with soapy water and then with clean water.
Useful information! After cleaning the microwave with chemicals, thoroughly rinse the chamber from the inside. Otherwise, you may get an allergic reaction or food poisoning.
Prevention and general microwave oven care tips
In order to clean the microwave from odor and dirt does not take much time, you need to familiarize yourself with the main recommendations for use:
- Sanitization is required 1-2 times a month, and wet cleaning - 2-3 times a week.
- When heating, defrosting or preparing food, it is important to use a special lid that protects against food spatter. An alternative would be heat-resistant glassware with a lid.
- Leave the appliance door ajar, especially after use.
- If contamination occurs, wipe with a damp cloth, removing all food residue.
- Water for washing is used in a small amount so as not to damage moisture-sensitive elements.
- Hard-to-remove grease stains are recommended after a steam bath to wipe with a clean cloth, after wetting it in vegetable oil.
- It is forbidden to use sponges made of metal, highly loose materials, otherwise the household appliance may be damaged.
- It is not allowed to use tools with abrasive particles, as it is easy to damage the case and the service life will be much shorter.
Having found out why the smell is formed in the microwave oven, as well as how to remove it, proper care of the kitchen assistant will not be difficult. Which tool to use is for you to decide, but as practice shows, housewives prefer natural methods. After all, they do not need to spend extra money, they are always at hand.
With great interest I always read your comments to my articles. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, leave, you are welcome, Your feedback in the form below. Your opinion is very important to me. Thanks to your criticism and thanks, I can make this blog more useful and interesting.
I would be very grateful if you rate this post and share it with your friends. This is easy to do by clicking on the social media buttons above. Do not forget the article you like Add to bookmarks and subscribe to new blog posts on social networks.