How to properly care for leather products so that they retain their original appearance? Do the leather jackets wash in a washing machine or dry clean?
In the article, we will consider how to properly wash, clean and maintain the clothes from leather and kozhzam.
Content of the material:
1How to properly wash a leather jacket at home
- 1.1Clean the surface
- 1.2We clean the lining
How to properly wash a leather jacket at home
Is it possible to wash the leather jacket in a typewriter? The answer is unequivocal - no. Jackets can be made from eco-leather, artificial and natural leather. Each of the materials can react differently to water, but they all do not tolerate its long-term impact.
It is known that leather things are made from animal skins. Even with dressing, animal fats are preserved in it, which make the product attractive.
Influencing the skin with moisture and cleaning agent, you will lead to the fact that it will crack and spread. From things from leatherette, the paint will begin to fall away.
Some users actively recommend washing the skin in a washing machine. The main thing is to choose the right detergent. A normal result is achieved by a unit, so do not rush to spoil your favorite thing.
How to properly wash the product? Washing the thing is not subject to any mode. Leather goods can be cleaned by hand.
Clean the surface
Than to wash a leather jacket at various pollution:
- Frequent toe leads to scuffs and wrinkles. This applies not only to the jacket, but also skirts, dresses, bags. In such cases, it is recommended to lubricate the damaged areas with glycerin. For brown products, an orange peel is suitable, the essential oils of which will take care of the delicate material.
- In order not to have to wash complex contaminants, carry out local cleaning of the jacket a couple of times a month. Get rid of dust, streak after the rain will help the usual cleaning with a damp cloth. Wipe the surface of the jacket, raincoat or backpack with a cloth moistened with clean water.
Do not use wet wipes to clean the natural skin, otherwise it will lose its luster.
What if the leather trousers, leggings or leggings are stained with fatty spots? Such pollution is effectively cleaned by hand and folk remedies.
- A fresh fat stain can be removed by sprinkling with starch or baby powder. They absorb the fat, after which it remains to sweep away the residues from the surface.
- A dishwashing detergent will help to remove the fat stain. Apply it locally with a tampon. For old soils, this method may not work, it is recommended to use special means for cleaning the skin.
Attention! Some users advise cleaning the stains with alcohol, but this can not be done. The skin will lose its luster, become dull.
Than grease pants or jacket to remove paint stains? Can be removed with a substance to remove varnish, only it should not contain acetone.
If your jacket is with leather sleeves or inserts, it is subject to the same care as a complete leather product.
We clean the lining
Frequent socking causes contamination of the lining of the jacket. To clean it, fasten and turn the jacket inside out. Cleaning is carried out with a brush with a soap solution or a liquid powder.
In cases of severe pollution, it is better to give the thing to the dry cleaners, where it will be professionally cleaned up. You can also include a jacket in the atelier to alter the lining.
To keep the thing attractive, it is important to know how to dry it. After wet cleaning, hang the jacket on the hangers in the ventilated room. Avoid the sun!
Proper skin care will help to avoid serious contamination. Stick to simple rules:
- Keep the jacket away from heaters and open sun.
- Wipe the surface of the product dry if exposed to rain. Allow the jacket to dry out, do not forget to remove all of the pockets so that the thing does not stretch.
- You can use special products for the skin, repelling moisture.
Inspect your jacket or gloves after each socks. It is better to remove minor spots or creases in time, than to deal with the consequences later.