The availability of a large selection of hoods of various designs allows you to feel comfortable in a kitchen equipped with modern appliances. The absence of odors, burning and smoke is due to the competent organization of air flows, even in a small room. The biggest smoke comes from home stoves.
Individual species and their description
The content of the article
- Individual species and their description
- What are the differences in design
- Specific differences and similarities between different models
- Which view to choose
Depending on the task and the requirements for ventilation equipment for the kitchen, hoods are divided according to various criteria:
- functional features of operation;
- design features;
- the principle of work;
- form of equipment;
- the presence of additional features.
A separate type among the varieties of modern kitchen hoods is fireplace ventilation equipment. The design features of these units, both in form and in principle, are identical to kitchen units. A distinctive feature of the operation of fireplace hoods is increased productivity, the frequent need for maintenance and filter change. Such units are made in the form of a truncated cone or pyramid attached to a wall or ceiling.
What are the differences in design
According to the form and method of fastening ventilation equipment, the following kitchen varieties of hoods are distinguished:
- Flat hoods. Such units are compactly installed in a room for any purpose and do not require connection to a central ventilation system, or with an air duct. The attractiveness of these designs is the ability to save space in small kitchens and fit into any interior, without violating the semantic design. A big drawback of such an aggregate is the frequent need for replacing filter elements. By type of installation, which are, this design is attributed to attachments and placed directly above the stove.
- Dome hoods. Such ventilation equipment is equipped with a powerful engine and has high performance. These structures are used in the presence of a fireplace to create a better air exchange flow indoors, which allows to improve the microclimate in the far corners of the room. Used with a central ventilation system. Due to the powerful fans located inside the equipment, the case and the ventilation duct are oversized. They attach such an assembly to the wall, sometimes to the ceiling, as close as possible to house ventilation. Such hoods are mounted in spacious rooms, with increased requirements for air exchange.
- Island or T-shaped constructions have such a functional purpose as dome ones. Appearance distinguishes these units with a greater ability to fit into the kitchen, due to the variety of decorative design of body parts and the air duct of the hood. Thanks to powerful electric motors, they have great performance. Used in the presence of home ventilation. Depending on the design of the central ventilation system, it is possible to mount only to the ceiling or in combination with wall mounts.
- Hoods that are installed in the corner of the rooms are called - angular. The external design of such a unit, depending on the design, resembles a dome or T-shaped design, with angular shapes of the lower air intake. The specificity of this arrangement is due to the design of the central ventilation duct or the desire to install the stove in the corner of the built-in kitchen furniture. Such hoods have high performance. Fasten these structures to the wall.
- One of the most popular structural types of ventilation equipment is built-in units. Manufacturers of kitchen appliances offer a huge selection among the manufactured product range. Hoods can differ both in size, using the standard width of the hinged shelves: 45, 60 and 90 cm, and in performance. Operating modes (2 or 3), backlight and the presence of a telescopic retractable panel.
- Inclined hoods have been widely used in the last few years. They are the same island models, only with a modified design of the bottom plane panel. Fasteners and functionality correspond to the T-shaped design.
- Types by type of work
ATTENTION! Not all foreign manufacturers clearly adhere to standard sizes of hanging shelves. When purchasing equipment, the conformity of adjacent planes is subject to verification.
Most built-in models connect to a central ventilation system. The possibility of placement inside the furniture preserves the desired interior of the kitchen. Features of fasteners of such structures require perseverance when mounted inside a hanging cabinet.
IMPORTANT! The area of the bottom plane of ventilation equipment of all types should correspond to the size of the plate or exceed it.
The distance from the stove to the unit is left at least:
- 65 cm for electric stoves;
- 75 cm - for gas.
Depending on the principle of operation, the equipment is:
The recirculation method is the basis of the hinged-type flat structures. A feature of this method allows you to install the hood even where there has never been a central ventilation system. By driving air through its own filters, such an unit purifies the air of fats, odors and burning. The need for regular replacement of filters makes the operation of such equipment not very efficient. But, in the absence of house ventilation and the need for air purification, it allows you to be the only one possible for use.
The possibility of air removal through the ventilation channel from the corrugation or pipes into the central ventilation system makes flow-through units popular. The work of such kitchen appliances does not require frequent replacement of filters, while at the same time, it allows intensive air removal, which is arbitrarily replaced by new streams of air masses coming through the open windows of a house or apartment.
To use both methods of changing air flows, combined hoods are used. This method of operation is found mainly in embedded models. The need to use such hoods is associated with poor patency of the house ventilation ducts.
All hood designs are equipped with aluminum filters that trap grease and oil particles. Externally, this filter looks like a grid with small cells. When cooking, microparticles are deposited on the grid, and eventually become clogged. After loss of filter capacity, it must be replaced or washed thoroughly. Manufacturers of air handling units recommend certain filter maintenance periods, depending on the section of the element and operating conditions.
ATTENTION! For proper operation of the equipment requires regular replacement of filters. A long period of operation without replacing the filter elements entails a decrease in technical characteristics, and as a result - improper air exchange in the room.
In recirculation hoods, carbon filter elements are used. Such material is able to absorb unpleasant odors. But needs frequent replacement. Cleaning such filters from fats is not possible, therefore maintenance by rinsing or purging is excluded.
An important characteristic of the performance of a kitchen hood is productivity. Dome and T-shaped units have a large fan power. And recessed and flat designs are divided into:
- installations with low productivity - up to 700 cubic meters. m;
- average power - up to 1500 cubic meters;
- over 1500 cu m
The choice of unit performance depends on the area of the room in which it will be installed. For the kitchen, an area of 10 square meters. m the use of equipment with a capacity of up to 800 cubic meters is quite acceptable. A larger room will require increased air exchange. Given the possibility of using hoods at different speeds, the choice of equipment is made with a margin, calculating the air flow for an intermediate speed.
To make the right choice of ventilation unit, we compare some models of popular manufacturers.
Specific differences and similarities between different models
For a comparative assessment of ventilation equipment, it is necessary to study the technical parameters of popular models.
The classic Camona 600 crown model has a built-in design for a 60 cm wall cabinet. Productivity is 550 cubic meters / hour, three operating modes, a return trap and a sliding surface of an air intake. The hood is equipped with a backlight with two low-power lamps, has mechanical control, is equipped with an anti-grease filter for operation in recirculation mode, the noise level is 38 dB.
The budget built-in unit "Elikor Integra 60" has exactly the same width and telescopic air intake screen. Two operating modes, mechanical buttons and a capacity of 400 cubic meters. m / h, they can use the equipment both in the presence of a home ventilation system, and without it. The presence of lighting makes it comfortable to use the equipment in low light kitchens. The noise is 55 dB.
A similar model of the popular manufacturer of household appliances Siemens is equipped with two motors that have three modes of operation. One of them is able to clean the room from odors in a matter of seconds. Productivity is 740 cubic meters. m / h and the use of LED lamps confirms the leading position of the world brand. The noise when the engine is in intensive mode is 68 dB, there is no check valve, and an air intake panel of a retractable type.
The three hoods examined have the same overall size, corresponding to the width of the stove and the built-in installation method in kitchen furniture. Performance and noise levels are significantly different. A well-known world brand does not equip the equipment with a check valve and a recirculation mode, but at the same time it has the ability to quickly clean the room from unwanted air masses. Differences in technical specifications will allow the consumer to make a choice, depending on the required installation conditions.
Comparison of various ventilation units of other designs will allow you to compare the similarity of power of different manufacturers and models. For example, the Hansa OKC 6726 IH fireplace hood has a capacity of 620 cubic meters per hour, and the inclined Bosch DWK095G60R has 580 cubic meters. m / hour. Both have similar power, but different design and purpose.
Which view to choose
The decision on the acquisition of a particular type of ventilation equipment depends on the requirements that apply to it. If it is important for the kitchen to preserve the interior, this entails the possibility of using an integrated structure. With increased requirements for air exchange, the use of a dome or T-shaped hood will be the right solution.
Having understood the features of technical indicators and designs of ventilation units, the consumer can correctly select the required household appliances not only for themselves, but also for loved ones.