The content of the article:
To use chemical substances on their site or to try to grow environmentally friendly products - this dilemma does not give rest to many gardeners. Most prudently choose the golden mean, and the spring processing of the urea garden with copper sulfate becomes in the new season one of the first activities to combat diseases and pests. Why is spraying so important? First let's see what kind of drugs.
Description of preparations and their effect on plants
Copper sulfate and urea have different effects on plants. It depends on their chemical composition.
Copper sulfate is called copper sulfate, each molecule of which adds to itself five molecules of water. In gardening it is used in the form of an aqueous solution as an antiseptic and fungicide - a substance that is used to combat fungal diseases of plants. This drug is contact, that is, does not penetrate into the tissue, but acts only on the surface.
Copper sulfate belongs to the class of low-hazardous substances, but when working with it, it is necessary to observe safety precautions: wear a respirator, protective clothing and goggles.
Urea (urea) is a chemical compound containing 46% nitrogen, and is used as a nitrogen fertilizer. Soil bacteria decompose it to ammonia and nitrates. In this form it is absorbed by plants. Nitrogen is one of the main elements of plant nutrition. The use of nitrogen fertilizers sharply increases the yield of all crops. But the excess of nitrogen harms both man and nature, therefore, it is not necessary to exceed the dosage.
Apply this fertilizer both in dry form, plowing into the soil, and in the form of an aqueous solution. Spraying with urea solution is a popular top dressing for gardeners, since nitrogen in a liquid form is absorbed plants much faster than in the dry and practically does not enter the soil, thus creating no surplus in it nitrates.
Why sprinkling is necessary in early spring
Biologists and agronomists distinguish several reasons why the treatment of the garden with urea and copper vitriol should be carried out at the beginning of spring:
- In the garden, the need for nitrogen in trees occurs at the very beginning of the growing season and lasts until the middle of summer. But the soil in early spring has not yet warmed up and the natural processes of microbiological formation of nitrates in it are suppressed. Therefore, spraying with nitrogen fertilizer to replenish nitrogen reserves is necessary during this period.
- Spraying the garden with urea helps to get rid of a lot of pests that winter in the bark - aphids, red apple mites, moths, flowers, glass-pans, leaf-rollers and others. To do this, use a concentrated urea solution - at least 700 grams per bucket of water. Until the leaves bloom this concentration is completely harmless to the tree.
- With the onset of heat fungal diseases of fruit trees are activated - powdery mildew, scab, moniliosis and others. These diseases are easier to prevent than to treat a weakened tree. Early spring spraying with a 5% solution of copper sulfate will help suppress mushroom spores.
Such high concentrations of copper sulfate and urea for trees can only be used until the appearance of leaves.
Sprinkle the garden with a solution of copper sulfate until the buds are dissolved in order to avoid burns. After the beginning of vegetation use the Bordeaux mixture.
How to prepare a garden for spraying
Before the spring treatment of the garden urea with copper vitriol it is necessary to prepare trees:
- cut dry and sick branches;
- clear sections of dead cortex;
- Spatter the sites of cuts and sweeps;
- collect and burn last year's foliage.
All the cleaned places are disinfected with a solution of copper sulfate, and the spili by a garden vine.
For this procedure, you need to choose a dry, windless day when the air warms up to 5 degrees Celsius. In rainy weather, spraying will not be of use.
How to make a mix
A solution of urea and copper sulphate for the treatment of trees is prepared as follows:
- 700 grams of urea are poured into a clean 10-liter bucket;
- pour water into the bucket and mix until completely dissolved;
- in a separate bowl, 50 grams of copper sulphate is diluted in a small amount of hot water;
- The dissolved vitriol is poured into a bucket and mixed again.
Spray the trees in the spring with urea and copper vitriol should be abundant, soaking the trunk, branches and the land of the near-barren circle.
Ready mix used immediately. Before the beginning of work put on protective equipment - glasses, a respirator and gloves.
These drugs can be planted only in glass, wooden or plastic containers.
Carried out by all the rules spring processing of the garden with urea with copper vitriol is a guarantee that your garden will be much healthier and will please with a friendly harvest. But do not forget that to get a good result in the garden you need a whole range of measures. In various fertilizers and protection from diseases and pests, trees need throughout the year.