The content of the article:
To acquire a beautiful bright lawn, unfortunately, it's not enough to prepare your site, refine soil, eliminate all extraneous elements from the surface of the earth and purchase expensive seeds of lawns cultures. Lawn requires constant care. One of the most important ways to care for the lawn and maintain its full-fledged appearance is, of course, watering.
If it is a question of watering in the framework of standard plantation care, attention should be paid to the quality of water for irrigation, to the device of the irrigation system, to the absence of plots with a characteristic accumulation of excess water, and also choose the correct irrigation regime for the lawn area in accordance with the type of planted soil and the plant variety culture.
Features of watering when transplanting a perennial lawn
If for some reason the lawn area is required to be moved, then the usual method of transplantation is often used. The implementation of these works requires some tricks from any gardener. Here are just a few of them:
- The site of the lawn, planned for transplantation, is abundantly watered in advance. This will facilitate the extraction of plants from the soil and protect the root system from damage;
- Correct any shortcomings regarding the greening of your site, including the procedure for transplanting the lawn should be in the spring season. The deadline for all planned manipulations with lawn crops is the beginning of June;
- In case of acute necessity or an emergency situation with the condition of the available lawn, a transplant can be made at any suitable time, regardless of the season. But in this case, you should be prepared for the fact that there is a danger that the transplanted herbs simply will not get accustomed;
The main enemy of transplanted lawns is drought, excessively high air temperatures and insufficient watering. Transplanting the site, you should prepare and planned to transplant the site, digging the desired area to a depth of about half a shovel.
While plentifully watering the site, preparing the lawn for transplantation, you should wait for a certain period of time, sufficient for water to soak into the soil, and the ground with growing lawn softened.
In the transplantation work, it is important not to remove clumps of earth from the roots of transplanted vegetation. At the end of the transplant, you should try to dilute the grass as diligently as possible by simply walking along it.
Watering is carried out in the following mode:
- Daily using sprayers and sprinklers;
- If the grass is transplanted in summer hot weather, then watering is carried out twice a day, preferably in the morning and in the evening;
- It should avoid overflowing the transplanted site, as this will not allow the roots to develop, will provoke putrefactive formations;
- Watering should be carried out abundantly, but not excessively. It is absolutely unacceptable to form puddles and stagnation in a newly planted green area.
Caring for a lawn after transplantation
Laying of a rolled lawn is perceived by many as a process simple enough, not expensive, absolutely uncomplicated and guaranteeing simply amazing result. This is not quite true.
At the end of time, a lawn roll laid on the territory of a house or cottage can host such manifestations as pallor, yellowness, dry patches, loss of leaf juiciness and brightness colors. The reason for all of the wrong styling or the wrong program of care for the lawn, planted rolls.
A well-planned irrigation plays a special role in the program for maintaining and maintaining a normal growth rate and development of lawn grass. It is due to the receipt of a sufficient amount of moisture that it is ensured that the lawn spread along the site will take root throughout the site being built. Answering the question, how often to water the lawn after planting or laying, you can give the recommended schedule for watering the roll lawn:
- To accelerate the growth and development of sod, it is not simply moistened, but watered deep into 20 cm;
- After each watering it is necessary to bend the edge of the roll and check the degree of soil wetting. If necessary, watering is repeated or reduced the next time;
- The first week after laying should be accompanied by daily watering, characterized by complete soaking of the soil, but without the formation of puddles and stagnation;
- Sprinkle the laid roll lawn with sprinklers and sprinklers.
With correctly performed works on laying, the used lawn will require watering once or twice a week, but in the event that the weather phenomena are not accompanied by drought and heat.