Normal washing turned into stagnant water in the tank? What could have happened, and why does not the washing machine drain the water? Many factors can be the reasons for the lack of water draining, and this is not necessarily a complex breakdown. Basically after the diagnosis you can solve the problem yourself.
How to detect a malfunction and resume the machine, see the article.
Content of the material:
- 1Causes and symptoms of a malfunction
2What to do if the washing machine does not drain the water
- 2.1Drain occurs, but not until the end
- 2.2CMA hums during drainage
- 2.3The pump runs continuously
- 2.4Defective pressostat
Causes and symptoms of a malfunction
How the user can understand that a fault has occurred:
- Pay attention to the first signs of breakage. For example, water merges more slowly than usual.
- The washing machine does not drain the water at all.
- The washing cycle is as usual, but when it reaches the drain, the system freezes.
- The machine drains the water through one wash.
- After draining, pressing does not begin.
- After the main wash the water is drained, after rinsing - no.
You can also notice a strong noise: the machine will be buzzing, as if draining the waste water.
Why there was a breakdown:
- The wrong mode is set.
- The drainage pipe, the hose, the sewerage are blocked.
- The pressure sensor is out of order.
- The drain pump broke.
- The electronic board has burned down.
What to do if the washing machine does not drain the water
If the drain does not work in the washing machine, first check the connection and other external factors. For this, you do not need to disassemble the styralka.
- Check that the program is installed correctly. In cases where "Manual" or "Night mode" is selected, as well as washing delicate fabrics, the machine may stop after rinsing - before pressing. Cancel the mode and start the drain.
- Inspect the drain hose. If it is bent or clogged, water can not escape into the sewer.
- There could be a clogging of both the sewage system and the siphon (if the stylalka is connected through it). To check this, it is enough to detach the hose and send it to the sink, then start the drain. If the water flows out of the hose, then the reason is in the sewer. You can clean it with special tools or call plumbing.
If you tried all the ways, but the drain does not turn on, restart the washing machine by turning it off for 15-20 minutes. Then start the drain program again.
Does not any one work? It is necessary to proceed to the diagnosis and repair of internal parts.
Drain occurs, but not until the end
The washing machine collects water, but does not completely drain. The reason is a clogging of the drainage system. Begin the check with the drain filter.
- Open the small hatch at the bottom of the front panel. To do this, unclasp its latches.
- Place a flat container and unscrew the filter.
- Draining the water, clean the filter of blockage.
In some CMA models, the filter is fixed with screws. Therefore, first unscrew the screws, then the filter.
It also happens that the drain filter does not open, because the drain plug does not unscrew. It sticks to the body. You can soften the connection with a liquid WD-40 or remove the filter with the pump.
If the filter is clean, proceed with further testing. Now you need to check if the drainage pipe is clogged. This could cause the water to not fully merge.
You can get to the branch pipe through the bottom of the stylalk, back or front panel. Everything depends on the washing machine brand: "Indesit "Samsung "Ariston" or "Zanussi".
- After you have got close to the branch pipe, unscrew the bolts of its fastening.
- Unclip the clamps with the pliers and disconnect the pipe from the tank to the pump.
- Feel the sleeve with your hands, checking to see if its channel is clogged.
- After cleaning, replace it.
CMA hums during drainage
If the machine, trying to drain water, buzzes and cracks, the reason can be in the pump. To test its performance, you need to look at the impeller.
- Shine the flashlight into the drain filter hole.
- Turn on the spin mode and check if the impeller turns.
- If the impeller does not rotate, it is necessary to check the pump completely. It is located next to the spout.
To remove the pump, unscrew the fastening bolts and disconnect the wiring. Now look at both the impeller and its engine. It happens that foreign objects are wrapped around the impeller. If everything is clean, call the pump with a multimeter to see if the voltage is applied to it. The wiring is also inspected.
If the pump does not give any indicators, it needs a replacement. Buy a new part can be in a specialized store, calling the brand and model of the washing machine.
The pump runs continuously
Is the drain pump running and not shutting down? The failure occurred in the electronic control board. Its elements are out of order, so it does not give the pump a command to stop work.
For inspection, remove the control board from the housing:
- Unplug the Stiralki from electricity.
- Remove the top cover by unscrewing the two screws from the rear.
- Pull out the dispensing tray by pressing the latch in the center and pulling it toward you.
- Unscrew the screws behind the tray and from the opposite side of the panel.
- Unclip the latches.
- Disconnect all wires from the board and remove it from the panel.
- See if there are burnt parts on the surface.
Do not try to repair the electronics yourself, it's better to trust professionals.
When the pressostat tubes are clogged or completely out of order, the module does not receive information about the amount of water in the tank. Therefore, does not give a command for pumping water. By removing the top cover, you can detach the sensor tubes and clean them from clogging. Or remove the pressure switch by unscrewing the fixing screw and install a new device.
Carry out regular preventive maintenance of blockages, periodically clearing the drain system of garbage. Also rinse the dispensing tray under the tap with running water.
Inspect all things before loading, cleaning pockets from foreign objects. Wear clothes with small parts in special bags for washing.
Now you know what to do if the machine does not drain or drain it continuously. Use our tips to get the machine back on track.