Absolutely noiseless washing machines do not happen - even after the correct installation this technique will make certain sounds. And it will not be about them at all, but about those sounds that appear in the work of the SM quite suddenly. Especially often owners of AGA are concerned about the noise of the drain pump, which manifests itself when the laundry is squeezed out.
We'll figure out why the pump of the washing machine is noisy and how to eliminate the hum with one's own hands.
Content of the material:
- 1Why the pump in the washing machine is noisy and buzzing
2What to do to remove noise and crackle in the pump
- 2.1Checking the drain filter
- 2.2Checking the hose and hose
- 3Preventing blockages so that the pump does not make noise
Why the pump in the washing machine is noisy and buzzing
Usually the drain pump rustles, cracks and hums for the following reasons:
- breakage of the part;
- blockage of the discharge pipe;
- blockage of the drain hose;
- clogged drainage filter.
Fact. The pump especially noisy in the interval between rinsing and squeezing the laundry. Do not rule out the possibility of noise during the discharge of water after washing.
To thoroughly understand why the pump buzzed, you will have to dismantle the washing machine a little. The work is not complicated, so you will be able to handle it yourself. For disassembly and repair, read on.
What to do to remove noise and crackle in the pump
To find the cause of the breakdown, you do not have to buy up the whole store of power tools, the main work consists in unscrewing and getting the parts. Before proceeding with the disassembly work, take time to check the drain filter. Its malfunction is the most likely cause of noise.
Checking the drain filter
In popular brands of washing machines, such as LG or Ariston, this part is located in the lower right corner behind a small panel held by snaps. You can take it off with your hands or help yourself with a screwdriver to squeeze out the latches. Now follow the instructions:
- Take a rag or a small container to hold water that will drain from the filter.
- Turn the filter cover anti-clockwise.
- Take out the filter, examine it.
- Remove visible clogs with your hands, then rinse the part under the tap.
- Replace the element by tightening it tightly.
- Run the test wash, please note - whether the rumble and noise have disappeared.
Take note! If the filter is not unscrewed due to a strong blockage, then the only way to get it is from inside, not from the outside. In this case, the filter is taken with the pump.
If the filter is clean and no special debris has been detected, check the drain hose and pump. To inspect them, you inevitably need to disassemble the body of the styralka. The pump is removed in different ways in different brands of cars.
- So, Virpul, Samsung, Elji, Ardo, Indesit and Ariston do not have a bottom cover, so it's enough to put AGA on their side to get to the pump.
- If you are a Bosch, Siemens or AEG machine owner, then you can get the pump only from the front.
- In CM "Zanussi" and "Electrolux" the pump is removed through the back wall of the case.
Usually manufacturers provide the whole instruction in the user's manual. But if the manual is completely lost, you will be helped by our photoinstruction in the article "How to clean the pump in a washing machine".
After you have cleared the pump, replace it or replace it with a new one if cleaning did not help. If after that the pump is still noisy, check other details.
Checking the hose and hose
If the filter and pump are full order, and noise and hum still accompany each wash, then blockage or breakage of the drain hose and branch pipe is likely. Having disassembled the body of CM, it is necessary to remove the clamp holding the pump and hose (disconnect the second end of the hose from the sewage system).
Remove the hose from the washer and rinse it under the tap using a cable with a brush at the end. After cleaning the hose, replace it, check that the machine is working.
If this also did not help, remove the drainage pipe neatly - it may have clogged, and there is a noise from there. Despite the fact that the rubber nipples are wide in diameter, dross can still accumulate in them, so pay attention to cleaning the nozzle. At the same time, inspect it for damage and leaks to quickly replace the part.
If you have done everything that we have offered you, and the machine has not stopped making noise, it is worth to turn to a specialist.
Preventing blockages so that the pump does not make noise
To prevent unnecessary noise from foreign objects, prevention is necessary. Nothing supernatural to do is not necessary, only to observe the basic rules of using the machine:
- to soften water by special means;
- clean the parts of the AGR from scale;
- after every 5th wash, clean the filter (or at least once a month);
- sort your clothes, check your pockets.
We hope, now you know what to do to make the washing machine noisy anymore. If you still have questions, full answers to them you will find in the video:.