The content of the article:
The fruit of the thorn is different from the plum more acidic, astringent taste, they are saturated with vitamins and nutrients. To preserve their useful properties, you can make compote from the turn for the winter. September is the best time to prepare a sufficient amount of a thorn drink. It can be done with sterilization and without it. If you strictly follow the recipe and technology of preparation, then this drink can be stored for up to two years at room temperature.
Useful properties of thorny and contraindications to its use
The thorn strengthens the immune system due to the vitamins B, P, C and E. contained in it. In addition, shrubberries are rich in organic acids, steroids, carbohydrates, mineral salts, carotene, tannins, glucose and fructose. Such a composition allows them to be used in the treatment of many diseases and as a preventive agent. Such diseases include: digestive disorders, constipation, gastritis, beriberi, purulent infections of the skin, dysfunction of the cardiovascular system, liver and kidneys. The plant helps with nervous excitability, insomnia and general weakness of the body. Fresh juice of thorn helps to cope with hepatitis A. Also, the fruit of the thorn is a blood-purifying, anti-inflammatory, diaphoretic and disinfectant, remove toxic substances and slags from the body, reduce the feeling of nausea, which is important for pregnant women when toxicosis.
The berries of the thorny can hang to the frosts and are sources of vitamins, both fresh and in the form of compotes, kissels, jam and infusions. It is important that after the thermal treatment, the threen retains its curative value and benefits. Compote of blackthorn for the winter is an excellent drink for the health of the whole family!
But, like any other product, the turn has contraindications to use. This is an increased acidity of the stomach, a tendency to allergies, an ulcer and gastritis in the acute stage, an individual intolerance.
Features of cooking compote
Make compote from the turn for the winter is easy enough. But for long storage it is important to observe some rules:
- First of all, the turn must be carefully sorted, removing wormy, rotten, crumpled, moldy and cracked fruits. If they get into the compote of the thistle, it will necessarily spoil it. It is also necessary to remove the stems.
- It is good to rinse the berries of a turn, using running water, pay attention to each fruit. Then they must be dried on a towel or napkin.
- Prepare the banks of the required size, wash them, applying soda or mustard powder. After sterilizing on steam or in the oven and dry.
- The thorny drink is important to be hermetically sealed. To do this, you need to prepare screw metal covers or intended for sunset with a key. They are also sterilized in boiling water for five minutes.
Recipes of thorn compote for the winter
An unusually delicious compote of the thorn fruit for the winter is prepared by the method of sterilization and the methods of several fillings.
Recipe without sterilization
For the preparation of compote from the turn without sterilization you need:
- Fill the jar with a third of the turn.
- Pour into a jar of hot boiling water to the top of the neck, cover with a clean lid and insist 15-20 minutes.
- At this time, you need to measure 375 grams of sugar.
- When the compote has settled, put a lid on the jar with a mesh and pour the liquid into a saucepan of granulated sugar.
- Place the saucepan on the stove and wait for the boil, to better dissolve the sugar is recommended to stir the syrup.
- Boil the syrup in a jar with a wide funnel, immediately cover with a sterile lid and roll.
- After rolling up, turn the jar and wrap it with a blanket so that the cooling is slow.
After 24 hours it is necessary to check the tightness of the compote closure, if a little bit of liquid is released, then for a long time it is not recommended to leave such a can. After another two days it is necessary to see if the beverage is clouded, in case of transparency, you can safely remove it for long storage.
The taste qualities of compote from the turn for the winter, which is prepared without sterilization, practically does not differ from the taste of the drink, made according to the classic recipe. The essential advantage is that it takes less time to prepare it. Before use, in case it seems too sugary, you can dilute it with water.
Traditional recipe of compote from the turn for the winter with sterilization
- Boil, l water, pour into it, kg of sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- 1 kg of clean thorn put in a colander and put in a boiling syrup, hold the berries for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the blanched fruit into a prepared three-liter jar and top up with syrup, then cover the jar with a prepared lid.
- Put the cloth on the bottom of the pot, put a jar on it, fill it with water to the level of the "shoulders".
- Pour the pan on a low heat and sterilize the jar for 15 minutes after boiling.
- Then it is necessary to remove the jar from the pan and tighten it tightly with a lid, set it upside down, wrap it around and leave it for so day. Then you can clean the compote in a storage place.
According to this recipe, it is possible to prepare compote without fruit, for this, blanching berries in syrup should be longer - 10-15 minutes. The rest of the cooking technology will be the same.
Recipe for compote of thorn and apples for the winter
The process of preparation of compote of two components:
- Fall asleep apples, cut into large slices, mixed with the thorn, filling the third part of the jar.
- Pour the fruit with boiling water, insist for 10 minutes, then pour the liquid into a pan and pour the granulated sugar at the rate of kg per liter of water.
- Bring the water to a boil, stirring it, so that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the resulting syrup fruit of thorn and apples.
- Put the jar in a saucepan, add water as described above and sterilize 10 minutes from the time of boiling.
- Remove the jars and tighten them tightly with lids. Then in an inverted position, wrap the blanket and in a day you can put it away for storage.
The compote, cooked according to this recipe is considered universal, as apples dilute the astringency of the thistles and the drink is liked by almost everyone.