The content of the article:
Cherry jam with a stone has a special taste and aroma. If you are the lucky owner of a cherry tree on your summer cottage, be sure to use opportunity and extend the pleasure of enjoying this berries until the winter, thanks to canning it in the form of jam. With cherries it is possible to make not only jam, but also compotes, jams, pies. In the processing of berries can be allowed without pits and with them.
When choosing how to make jam from cherry with or without a stone, it should be taken into account that the integral cherry with the core retains its delicate aroma for a long time. In addition, the procedure for extracting the stone is laborious and the shape of the berry is damaged. Therefore, often, the choice of housewives falls on the preparation of cherry jam with a stone.
What is useful for cherries?
Cherry cherry dishes are low-calorie, so they are recommended to eat with diets. They are not only dietary, but also useful, because they contain calcium, magnesium, iodine, iron, copper, phosphorus, pectins, malic acid, glucose and vitamins A, B1, B2, E and PP. Antioxidants in the form of polyphenols can fight the pain caused by various pathogens. Previously mentioned iodine, in a large number of excellent cope with diseases of the thyroid gland. And iron is useful for people suffering from anemia. Unlike its kind - cherries, cherry does not cause an increase in acidity, and, therefore, it can be used for those with a sick stomach, but not in large quantities.
Cherry from a sweet cherry with a five-minute bone
Those who wish to save all the cherry vitamins in the jam, as well as their time, are offered a "recipe-five-minute". For five minutes of welding you can prepare a sweet drug that does not concede to long procedures of preparation of jam.
- Wash 1 kg of cherries, removing stems and leaves.
- Prepared cherry with 1 kg of sugar.
- Stir well and send to the stove. Cook until the sugar dissolves, and the berries are allowed to juice. Usually, it takes 5 minutes.
- Spill the hot mixture on sterile jars and immediately stop.
Cherry jam with a stone according to a standard recipe
The recipe for sweet cherry jam with a bone provides for a long preparation, consisting in a long saturation of boiled berries with sugar syrup. According to the classic recipe you need to take 1 kg of cherries, they need, kg of sugar. The latter is taken a little more, because the bones have the property of absorbing a large amount of sugar.
- Boil a thick syrup with a 65% strength, combining water with sugar.
- Wash the cherries with pits in a syrup and boil for 5-10 minutes. Cover with a towel. Send to a remote place with a stable temperature for 5 hours.
- Repeat the procedure of welding and 5-hour saturation again.
- After the second provarki, distribute the hot drug over sterile hot jars and seal it tightly. You can not turn into a warm cloth.
- Jam is ready! Bon Appetit!
Cherry jam with cherry and lemon
Excessive cherry sweetness can be diluted with sourness, adding to the drug pieces of lemon. On such a winter sweetness you need about 1 kg of cherries, which will be diluted in a kilogram of sugar. This number of basic ingredients requires the preparation of one medium lemon, weighing 180-200 grams. Fans of experimenting, instead of lemon, you can make an orange, and also add pieces of walnut.
- Pour sugar into the sweet cherries. Covering with a kitchen towel, leave to soak with sugar berries for the night.
- In the morning, a bowl with a future cherry jam with a stone put on a weak fire, bring to a boil and protomite 5 minutes. Again set aside the clock for 5 for saturation with syrup.
- Prepare lemon: wash, cut into desired parts along with the peel, pits to discard.
- Add lemon in the composition during the second provarki, lasting as much as the first. Refit to cool.
- The third welding will last about 20 minutes, until the jam becomes thick.
- Prepack the hot drug on sterile jars and firmly roll up.
- Have a nice winter tea party!
Instead of lemon, you can add citric acid (6 grams).
White cherry jam with stone
To owners of trees of a white sweet cherry it is possible to prepare a remarkable jam for the winter, having broken off only 1 kg of fruits. The taste of these berries is not too sweet, respectively, and the jam will be the same. To preserve the natural sweetness, you need to prepare 7 glasses of sugar, if you want to enhance the taste, the amount of sugar can be increased. 3 drops of citric acid will help dilute the sweetness of cherry jam with a stone for the winter.
- Under running water, wash white berries, getting rid of stems and spoiled fruit. Leave on an hour in the water.
- In a boiling syrup (water + sugar) sprinkle pure cherries and boil them for 5 minutes. Disconnect the burner with fire, set the potion off for 10 hours to saturate the syrup. Top of the pot must be covered with a napkin, so that no dust gets into the infusion.
- Put the berries in a colander to drain the syrup. Again, send it to the pan for provarki, bake sugar and boil again for 15 minutes. Wait 10 hours to saturate.
- Repeat the procedure 2 more times. Add citric acid for the last time.
- The prepared jam should be pale orange, which means it can be hot packaged on clean cans and corked.
Saturate the flavor of jam will help vanillin or orange juice, the amount of which take to taste.
Cherry from a sweet cherry with a bone is prepared without any troubles and physical efforts. The variety of cherries, the amount of sugar and the stages of welding influence the final taste. Try to make a jam on all the recipes given, and know that one, at least, will stay with you for many years. Warm winter evenings you with tea and cherry jam!
Cherry jam with a stone and cinnamon - video