Each beginner summer resident, grown cucumbers in his backyard, dreams to collect a rich harvest, but not everyone gets it. To obtain a generous harvest, it is necessary to observe the basic rules for caring for the cucumber culture, properly pinch and form vegetable bushes..
Table of contents
- Stages of cucumber care
- Cucumber cutting rules
- How to properly cut cucumbers
- Why is it necessary?
- Methods of pasynkovaniya in the greenhouse
- The scheme
- Why pinch the cucumber?
- Schemes of pinching in a greenhouse and outdoors
- When grown under a film
- In open ground
Stages of cucumber care
Step-by-step care for cucumbers is not only watering and feeding, but also in pruning, pasynkovaniya and pinches.
Pruning is neededfor intensive growth of fruitsand increase the period of fruiting. Patientization is necessary if well-developed whipsdo not bring long-awaited greenery. Pinch -for the formation of lateral shoots..
Cucumber cutting rules
Pruning is done depending on the variety and the method of pollination. Parthenocarpic varieties from seedlings should be grown in one stem, as it grows a third of the crop, subsequent greens are formed on additional lianas.
Also, clarifying trimming is performed.
In an adult plant, the growth pointmust always be lit. When the bush grows to the very top, it can not be redirected to a horizontal position. Since the whips growing in the horizontal plane do not transmit light, and the formation of the fruit is reduced.
Cucumber pruning is carried out by somedisinfected pruner.
Pruning is performedto collect a generous and high-quality harvest. This procedure reduces the growth of the green mass of the plant and directs all useful substances to the formation and growth of fruits.
How to properly cut cucumbers
- To increase the flow of air to the plant, the lower leaves, flowers and stepchildren are pruned. This will keep cucumbers from root rot disease, and prevent the growth of the plant.
- At 100 cm height, in the area of 4 knots, 1 sheet and 1 fruit are left on the side stems, and the apex is cut off.
- The third is at a height of 150 cm. Three or four knots leave two leaves and two fetuses.
- The fourth zone is the last stage when the plant reaches the permissible height. Leave 3 fruits and three leaves.
Side shoots are cut in staggered order.
When the plant grows to the very top, it is several times twisted around the horizontal trellis and after the third sheet the point of growth is cut out.
Pasynkovanie cucumbers, makes it possible to grow a crop, several times more than usual.
Why is it necessary?
Plant a plant in the event that the developed whip does not bear fruit. Stephens form in the sinuses of the leaves and take nutrients from the plant, which leads to a reduction in the formation of ovaries.
Every40 centimetersexcess shoots, take away, kg of crop.
Methods of pasynkovaniya in the greenhouse
It is very important, in order to obtain a generous harvest in a polycarbonate greenhouse, to remove stepsons from cucumbers that are also grown under film shelter.
Limited space, makes the process of pasynkovaniya most important:
- The appearance of lateral stepsons obscures the plant and prevents the penetration of air to the roots
- Cut must be lateral shoots, when their length will reach3 cm in length
- The first stepson commitafter the formation of 3 leaves
- All side vines are removed, except for one strong
- During growth formtwo of the most powerful lateral shoots
- The procedure of pasyning is carried out very carefully, step by step, since the cucumber spends a lot of time treating the wounds received
Stephens need to be removed before they coarsen and outgrow..
4 stages and the scheme of pasynkovaniya cucumbers:
- Pasynkovanie begin to conductafter the growth of 3-4 pages. It is necessary to remove all shoots growing from the sinuses of the leaves.
- When appear5-7 sheets, comes the 2nd stage. All the excess is cut out, leaving a sheet and one ovary on each side.
- The third stage comes after education8 sheets.
- When11 sheets, the top is pricked, and it begins to grow in breadth.
Cucumber varieties of cucumbers in pasynkovanii do not need, because they do not grow lateral whips. Varieties with a predominantly female type of flowering, also do not require pasynkovaniya. This procedure will only harm the plant..
Pinching cucumbers is the most important procedure for caring for cucumbers, since not only the health of the plant depends on it, but also the quality and quantity of the crop.
Why pinch the cucumber?
Pinching the main stem is carried outto form additional shoots, since on the main stem bloom is mostly blossomed, and on the lateral shoots female flowers grow, which in turn form the greenery.
Schemes of pinching in a greenhouse and outdoors
When grown under a film
The rules of pinching in the greenhouse and in the open ground depend on the variety or hybrid of the plant. The hothouse culture is grown in one stem, making a pinch of lateral shoots for 2 cucumbers.
This procedure is carried outwith strongly spreading varieties, such as: Spring, Moscow greenhouse F1, Topolek F1, etc.
Varietieswith small branchiness, this procedure is done very carefully. Such hybrids include: Gribovchanka F1, April F1, Zazulya F1.
If you do not spend pinching, then due to the growth of a large amount of greenery, the plants will not receive sufficient lighting, which leads to the appearance of diseases and affects the quality and quantity harvest.
Because of the large amount of excess greenery, caring for cucumbers becomes difficult and substandard.
- First picking cucumbers begin at a height50 centimeters.
- The second -from half a meter to a meter. Pinch side shoots, located above the first sheet, retaining one ovary.
- The third is to achieve170 cm. Prishvipku produce over the second leaf, leaving only 2 ovaries.
- Fourth - when the plant reachestwo-metergrowth. On the third leaf leave 3 ovaries.
- The last prishchipku make when the cucumber grows to an acceptable height, leaving 3 leaves.
The principle of pinches: one sheet, one ovary. Forming vines from the top sheets, pinch at a meter height.
In open ground
Prischipku main stalk spend at the level of4-5 leafletmedium and late-ripening varieties. This allows rapid growth of additional shoots with female flowers.
Conducting pinching, blinding, pruning and pasynkovanie, you can get a rich harvest, even from one bush. Tasty and fragrant greens will please with the crunch during a summer and winter period..